T-Mobile software update - not Kit Kat

Search This thread

roote223

Mar 20, 2011
I just got a G2 on T-Mobile. I want to root but I heard about the LG Root Checker thing in Download Mode. Any confirmed way of resetting that?

tofutown

Nov 21, 2011
Sooo, I got a notification for the software update but when I install it nothing happens. It restarts, shows the update in progress, but I'm still on 80110c. I tried going to Settings > Update Center but I get a force close saying that there was an unexpected error. Happens every single time I click on it.

Anyone else have this issue, or is it just me? I'm on stock + root.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

raajivsh999

Oct 17, 2013
i also noticed better keyboard response after the update although i don't know about the camera. then i rooted my phone the very next morning :laugh:

staylecrate

Apr 10, 2014
Didn't see this posted so I thought I'd share. I bricked my phone and used the LG Mobile Launcher upgrade recovery. The software it installed ended in g, not c. Don't know what it fixes, but zoom breathing is still present while recording a video.

View attachment 2461417

I forget where I read it but when I was Rooting my G2 with a certain method I had to stop this procedure at 99% so it didn't implement the newest firmware. once the process was stopped you would switch the files and file names so it tricked it into updating it with another file (its been a while but thats the jist).
I hope your not completely stuck, your back up and running?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think this should work to disable the notification and prevent the update from d/l'ing, but, you will need root and seperate software. Going to test it myself now and will update shortly.

It was originally written for the Nexus 7, but, the D801 uses Google Services framework for updates also, which is why we can't just 'freeze' the update app like you can on other carriers. The original post was made here... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2429820

Here is how I disabled the upgrade prompt on the Nexus 7 grouper wifi 4.2.2 - You of course need to be rooted.

Get Autorun Manager from the market - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....autorun&hl=en or http://goo.gl/xdLmO

Launch Autorun Manager, select Advanced mode.

Click the wrench, check off Show system entries and Enable system app disable.

Click the refresh icon to reload the process list.

Search for "systemupdate" and open the Google Services Framework entry.

Uncheck com.google.android.gsf.update.SystemUpdateService$ Receiver

*For me, this was the very last one in the list under Google Services Framework*

Reboot your *phone* and be nag free.

Edit - Market update notifications for apps is functioning normally.
    Didn't see this posted so I thought I'd share. I bricked my phone and used the LG Mobile Launcher upgrade recovery. The software it installed ended in g, not c. Don't know what it fixes, but zoom breathing is still present while recording a video.

2013-12-18-01-53-16.png
    Bah,....d80110G's is too.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

kernel is newer, from Nov 27, seems snappier to me.
    yeah, I don't think they did anything to the camera. It still has that annoying breathing issue with the focus. They might have fixed the Knock Knock issues some people were having with the screen not coming on consistently. I haven't noticed that I have had to double tap multiple times for the screen to come on so far.

Update: Unfortunately problems starts to appear as I use the phone.