[Q] Battery life and official KitKat 4.4.2

Search This thread

Tag49

Apr 13, 2013
Hello,

I've seen some posts saying that the battery life was reduced after the 4.4.2 update.
In parallel, no post talking about an improvement of the battery.

Do you have any feedback / info on this topic ?

Thanks

tg cid

Feb 3, 2014
Had the same problem. Contacted Motorola help through their website and got this canned response from one of their tier 1 techs. This solution solved my battery problem. Stock Moto G with with OTA 4.4.2. No battery apps to make the battery last longer or any of that nonsense.

Code:
This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS 
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited [too] long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again. 
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress (logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE) 
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option
8. The device will then perform the partition wipe
9. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence

Last edited:
Reactions: Tag49

Tag49

Apr 13, 2013
Ok, thank you for your feedback!

So there is really a correlation between battery lifetime and 4.4 update !

But HOW wiping cache partition can affect the battery ?? :confused:

tg cid

Feb 3, 2014
Based on the myriad of tech support threads I read before begrudgingly enabling Google+ account just to get to Motorola tech support; there is some app that is preventing the phone to go into idle mode causing the battery to drain ridiculously fast. If you got into your battery life stats page in settings you should notice that your "Phone idle" is somewhere in the 1%-2% range. Not sure why it fixes the battery problem, or what caused it in the first place.

fubag

Apr 9, 2010
WV
Based on the myriad of tech support threads I read before begrudgingly enabling Google+ account just to get to Motorola tech support; there is some app that is preventing the phone to go into idle mode causing the battery to drain ridiculously fast. If you got into your battery life stats page in settings you should notice that your "Phone idle" is somewhere in the 1%-2% range. Not sure why it fixes the battery problem, or what caused it in the first place.

Kinda disagree with this statement. I have stock OTA 4.4.2

My phone idle is at 15-20% over 3.5 days, but I've run into the 1% calibration issue where the phone dies randomly and starts at 1%. I don't think its an app preventing the phone from idling, but it could be uncleared cache files in the partition messing things up..

tg cid

Feb 3, 2014
My phone idle is at 15-20% over 3.5 days, but I've run into the 1% calibration issue where the phone dies randomly and starts at 1%. I don't think its an app preventing the phone from idling, but it could be uncleared cache files in the partition messing things up..

Currently I get similar performance; but when my battery was going down to zero within four hours is when I noticed that my "Phone idle" was in the single digit range.

Code:
Taken a few minutes before posting http://i.imgur.com/RnMYLE7.png

Last edited:

diecast

Nov 4, 2012
Sony Xperia XZ1
Had the same problem. Contacted Motorola help through their website and got this canned response from one of their tier 1 techs. This solution solved my battery problem. Stock Moto G with with OTA 4.4.2. No battery apps to make the battery last longer or any of that nonsense.

Code:
This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited [too] long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again. 
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress (logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option

dude thxs for this :) and by the way how you contact motorola ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code: