[Q] Launcher 3 has stopped

Search This thread

LarrySM

Feb 18, 2014
I have an Infuse (i997) and am running Beanstalk 4.4.205 dated 12/31/13. The build has worked GREAT for me. About a week ago I received a couple pop-ups telling me that a service had stopped but when I chose "OK" it worked fine.

Yesterday (2/16/14) my phone must have auto-updated something and now it's not working. I can power it off, boot into recovery, and boot normally. When I go to swipe the home screen I get three messages in this sequence:
Unfortunately, Exchange Services have stopped.
Unfortunately, Email has stopped.
Unfortunately, Google Partner Setup has stopped.
Unfortunately, Launcher3 has stopped.
After clicking OK on these all I get is the last one repeating against my lock screen background. I click OK and get it again...and it never stops.

I can access settings and turn on WiFi or the data network, and I can receive calls. I cannot access any applications at all.

I had NovaLauncer on the phone and it worked great. When I go into settings I can only see Launcher3 listed in the Home menu. I tried going to Play Store and selecting another launcher but it seems that my phone does not get notified that there is an update waiting.

Please Help!

LarrySM

Feb 18, 2014
Resolved

I downloaded the 1231 ROM (same as what was on the phone) and the latest gaaps file to my pc and then USB connected to the phone and copied to the download directory on SD card 0. I followed the instructions for the ROM to clear cache, flash rom, flash gaaps and clear dlavic and now it's working great.

I have an Infuse (i997) and am running Beanstalk 4.4.205 dated 12/31/13. The build has worked GREAT for me. About a week ago I received a couple pop-ups telling me that a service had stopped but when I chose "OK" it worked fine.

Yesterday (2/16/14) my phone must have auto-updated something and now it's not working. I can power it off, boot into recovery, and boot normally. When I go to swipe the home screen I get three messages in this sequence:
Unfortunately, Exchange Services have stopped.
Unfortunately, Email has stopped.
Unfortunately, Google Partner Setup has stopped.
Unfortunately, Launcher3 has stopped.
After clicking OK on these all I get is the last one repeating against my lock screen background. I click OK and get it again...and it never stops.

I can access settings and turn on WiFi or the data network, and I can receive calls. I cannot access any applications at all.

I had NovaLauncer on the phone and it worked great. When I go into settings I can only see Launcher3 listed in the Home menu. I tried going to Play Store and selecting another launcher but it seems that my phone does not get notified that there is an update waiting.

Please Help!

g-noob

Jun 26, 2013
it's not the launcher problem, it's ROM problem, a few of us have been experiencing the same thing with the last 3 builds.

to my phone the dec.31 ROM was the most stable, that I am using right now.

Let us know if your phone is still running fine after 5 days

LarrySM

Feb 18, 2014
1231 is working well

it's not the launcher problem, it's ROM problem, a few of us have been experiencing the same thing with the last 3 builds.

to my phone the dec.31 ROM was the most stable, that I am using right now.

Let us know if your phone is still running fine after 5 days

I went through the install procedure for the 1231 release and it worked so well that I went for the 0214 release. Not so good. I had 3 processes die when I opened the lock screen. I punted back to the 1231 and it's working really well. I did put in the newest Gaaps which probably solved the original problem I was having with the 1231 release when I had the Launcher3 problem.

I love the Beanstalk on my Infuse - awesome!