[100% Working] Changing the default language of Xperia X2 - takes you 5 minutes.

Search This thread

mafo82

May 3, 2010
:D:D:D:Dhi to all i solved problem to upgrade my xperia x2 now it's italian language!!!after clear the phone and restart, i attend that start installation i remove battery and restart again,the screen call me if i want to continue and i say no,install my language cab saved in memory and i do a soft reset and after i installed my new firm with seus

yuki79

Jun 5, 2010
Anyone has Japanese cab? Really need to type SMS or e-mail in Japanese and Chinese. ;)

bbpoint

Jun 3, 2010
So, the same problem with "You phone already has the latest available software installed" with only button "Exit" in SEUS.
Trying all variants described there with no luck....
I have the same problem with you. I've tried several language cabs and each time SEUS says there is no new software available.
My phone ID as follow. I followed the instruction exactly. Does anybody know where the problem is?
Software ID: 1230-2795
Software Version: R1AD008
Customization ID: 1234-6041
Customization version: R12A
Language Region: GENERIC_CN
Content version Software language: PA2

kronos1

May 30, 2009
Software ID:1233-7729
Software Version:R3AA035
Customization ID:1234-0918
Customization version:R10A
Language Region:GENERIC_EN
Content version Software language:pA2
In what country the phone is bought:Serbia EU

l have to say that l am not satisfied with generic_en-ringtones issue...l have to put a custom mp3 ringtone in windows(on c-device) in Ring to have it on list for SMS tone...in generic_uk this was not the option..it shows everything from the card...or any other folder on device..l will change back on generic_uk very soon...

xwing_5

May 4, 2010
Software ID:1233-7729
Software Version:R3AA035
Customization ID:1234-0918
Customization version:R10A
Language Region:GENERIC_EN
Content version Software language:pA2
In what country the phone is bought:Serbia EU

l have to say that l am not satisfied with generic_en-ringtones issue...l have to put a custom mp3 ringtone in windows(on c-device) in Ring to have it on list for SMS tone...in generic_uk this was not the option..it shows everything from the card...or any other folder on device..l will change back on generic_uk very soon...

Has this ringtone issue been confirmed for others using GENERIC_EN?
Is it only for SMS ringtone or is it for other ringtones as well?(ex:contacts- special ringtone for my brother, different ringtone for my wife, different ringtone for work, etc. . . )

kronos1

May 30, 2009
For some reason l haven't been able to change ringtone to incoming new sms...after l make a folder on mem card called "Ring" where l have putted all my mp3-cut some shorter songs..and and then in option Incoming call l add few of those..and x2 gave me an option to change Incoming call...but not that songs for sms. l restart phone and voala those songs were there so issue is no more...l even increase all tones i registry like in thread on xda forums says and my x2 is now extra loud..

xuanfen

Jun 10, 2010
Sony Ericsson X2, 008 of how the update into the 035

Would like to ask, RIAD008 have any way to update a 035,
Does this method can be successful? Please help me please! Thanks!

xuanfen

Jun 10, 2010
Software ID: Software Number:
1230-2795Software Version: Software version:
Customization ID: Custom Number: R1AD008
Customization version: custom version: R12A
Language Region: Language areas: GENERIC-CN
Content version Software language: content version of the software language: PA2
In what country the phone is bought: to buy mobile phones in any country is: China

trinity54

Aug 29, 2007
hi guys , i have a noob question .
hope any of you guys can help .

i am currently using generic_sg rom but i really want to try out the generic_uk rom

what i did usually was to either backup my phone using sprite or spb backup.

so now if i were to go ahead with the directions and methods given in this thread , can i restore back my contact list/softwares installed/customizations
using the .exe backup files created by sprite/spb backup ? and if i do , will i still retain the generic_uk ?

thanks heaps in advance.

dellyet

Jun 14, 2010
Plz upload the cabs again, I really need the swedish one. or a way to get the hardware keyboard to work with swedish åäö....

mazik87

Jul 16, 2007
I know, but there is a single file and there have to install a lot of
sorry for my English:)

dellyet

Jun 14, 2010
Fixed ÅÄÖ hardware keyboard.

Plz upload the cabs again, I really need the swedish one. or a way to get the hardware keyboard to work with swedish åäö....

I fixed the åäö for english OS and finnish/swedish hardware keyboard.

thx to khakala
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=677440&page=9

set same settings as his images. you need a better file browser like Total Commander to manage it. then restart your phone.
SW_REG_Keyboard Layout.jpg (31.7 KB, 61 views)
SW_REG_Layouts_0000041D.jpg (34.7 KB, 45 views)
SW_REG_Layouts_e0010409.jpg (33.9 KB, 49 views)

cornbread0715

Jun 6, 2009
Honolulu
x2

Do you think that this phone will work in korea unlocked with SKtelcom just like the X1 remember it only had problems with the sms if you used a diffrent rom

johnreza

Feb 19, 2008
Hi everybody , i have on hand an Xperia X2 and the language is in china so it's very dificult to fill the form for cab download , i want french language in it ,
Please here are information
Wm 6.5
CE 5.2.21436
ARM1136EJS MSM7200
191.05MB

Kindly give a solution to fill the form , i've tried many times but show always blank form , du to an incorrect information
Waiting for reply please it's urgent

Thanks
Regards ,

xwing_5

May 4, 2010
It looks as though I will have to do this myself: the techs in Slovakia have abandoned me!!!

Couple of questions: please note that I have never done this before and I want to get this right the 1st time.

#2 Save the cab on your SD-carddo I need to create special folder or just have this as the only file on the card?
#3 Reset the memory of your phone (settings->Clear phone)
#4 After the reboot, you have to align the screen. When finished, the phone starts to install cabs. NOW remove the battery (or press the reset-button on the back of the phone) so that the custom cabs wont get installed
#5 Start the phone again. Now when you get a screen that asks you if you want to continut the installation process, click NO. The phone boots up to default windows mobile with no SE panels etc.
#6 Now install the custom language-cab you downloaded to your SD-card earlier

How do I install this custom cab? Ex: what steps do i take to locate and extract the file?
How do I know that the installation is complete?

# 7 Turn off the phone
# 8 Start the phone and keep the vol-down + power button down till you come tho the white SE screen.
#9 Start the SE Update Software, pick your X2 and click next. Connect the phone to the USB-cable when the software asks you to do so.
# 10 After a while, the update-software informs that there is a new software-update available. Just hit next/continue and confirm that the phone's data will be erased.

Does this include the GPS, pre-installed games: xtract etc. . , and any other software on the phone: windows office mobil, pre-installed panesl etc. . . ?

Thanks again for your help!

xwing

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This message is now updated with a 100% working, and quick way of changing your language for the X2 device. I have now tested with 4 different languages (fi, en, se and de), and all worked. I also updated the cabs to report to the Update Software that the phone has an old versison. Now it does not compalin that the latest version is installed!

I have tested with these languages: GENERIC_FI, GENERIC_SE, GENERIC_UK and GENERIC_DE. The rest of the cabs are created with the same rules, so they should work to (if not, then please post here which cab does not work).

Before you upgrade, please write down the following info and fill it into the form on the download-page!! I really want this info.
    I would like to know which all versions are out there, and how they are connected to the different ID:s and versions!
    Code:
    Software ID:
    Software Version:
    Customization ID:
    Customization version:
    Language Region:
    Content version Software language:
    In what country the phone is bought:
    Otherwise i have to put a special form that requires everyone to fill in this info before you can proceed to download..

Just follow these steps
    1. Get one of these cabs, and save it on yout SD-card (not phone, becaue you will erase the memory during this procedure!):
    2. Save the cab on your SD-card
    3. Reset the memory of your phone (settings->Clear phone)
    4. After the reboot, you have to align the screen. When finished, the phone starts to install cabs. NOW remove the battery (or press the reset-button on the back of the phone) so that the custom cabs wont get installed
    5. Start the phone again. Now when you get a screen that asks you if you want to continut the installation process, click NO. The phone boots up to default windows mobile with no SE panels etc.
    6. Now install the custom language-cab you downloaded to your SD-card earlier
    7. Turn off the phone
    8. Start the phone and keep the vol-down + power button down till you come tho the white SE screen.
    9. Start the SE Update Software, pick your X2 and click next. Connect the phone to the USB-cable when the software asks you to do so.
    10. After a while, the update-software informs that there is a new software-update available. Just hit next/continue and confirm that the phone's data will be erased.

There is NO need to remove any files on windows, The update software starts to automatically fetch the ROM that matches the installed custom-CAB

Now you notice that the update-software starts to download the new ROM (over 125Mb). If for some reason the upgrade does not start to install (eg. one case was with a demo X2 phone), then just let the phone complete the custom cab-installation It does a factory-reset before it resumes the install)

Below are the different language-versions available. I have not yet had time to create cabs for other languages, but if you need a specific language, then post to this thread a request so that i can create a custom cab for that language.

It would be nice if you would report to this thread if you succeed or not with this upgrade! :)

So, here is a list of available regions that i simply picked up from listigs of ROM:s To get the MR2-release, it has to have been released by SE...

Code:
    Belgium - GENERIC_BE
    Czech - GENERIC_CZ
    Danish - GENERIC_DK
    Dutch - GENERIC_NL
    English (Generic) - GENERIC_EN
    English (UK) - GENERIC_UK
    Finnish - GENERIC_FI
    French - GENERIC_FR
    German - GENERIC_DE
    Greek - GENERIC_GR
    Indian - GENERIC_IN
    Middle East - GENERIC_MEA
    Polish - GENERIC_PL
    Portuguese - GENERIC_PT
    Russian - GENERIC_RU
    Singapore - GENERIC_SG
    Spanish - GENERIC_ES
    Swedish - GENERIC_SE
    Taiwan - GENERIC_TW
    etc...

Needless to say that you do these tweaks on your own risk
    There are two other files that go along with this, and i can confirm that it did not work for me.

ill see if i can get the other file names. but i belive there may be another thread floatinga round that has suggested this as well.
    Does hebrew also available ?

I'm not sure, and don't know for i should look for. Please check from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=683619 and inform to this thread the name of the file. If you have seen in a store a hebrew-version, then if you could post here the language-code and software id, then i'll create such cab for you.
    Do you mean this one?
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6522684&postcount=56

The second file contained a readme
    12:00 pm 02/26/2010
    DMS00758434 - set security policy 4109 (0x100d) to 3136

17:37 26.04.2010
    DMS00485404 - move bing to bottom of the start menu
    And then the the setup-file with the SecurityPolicy change (no clue what that does..)
    Hello!

I'm cancelling the installation-process 1-2 sek in from when i see text "installing..."

What is this "MR1" and "MR2" ??

Does every one get these warning? "xx_cab is to old for this version of windows. "Do you still wan't to proceed" and "If you shut down you can loose data, do you wan't to proceed" ?

Or why do i get these?

MR1 is the previous release of this phone. MR2 is the current release.

I have not got this warning that the cab is old, so i would ignore it. About the shutting down-message. I guess that it's the normal warning you get when you shut down your phone! I never saw that, cause i push the reset-button behind the phone in this phase, and that locically looses all that is unsaved.. So ignore this too.