(Rom) EVOlutionV9 and EVOlutionX2 -updated

Search This thread

Avalaunchmods

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2010
Kentucky
EVOLUTIONX2

UPDATE-EVOX2
Alright this is just an updated X. i had alot of ideas in mind but i cant get them to function properly. Just as many updates in the V series were small, they led to bigger things. with source and everything this week it has been hard to stay focused on one rom. X3 will be a completely new beast. so for now pick V or X series. they work the same :D

END----------------------------------------------

EVOlutionX-This is a DroidX themed Froyo. its as reliable as V8 but now it has alot of motorola elements. i started Seem editing moto razrs so im going back to the beggining :D.

i recommend wiping everything then Flashing. IF you have V8 or Hero_overs rom, you might not HAVE to wipe because its froyo over froyo but if you experience problems, wipe then flash

This is a very visual rom. i love it so far. If you dont like it just restore your V8 or w/e. This is a new series of froyo roms so i will continue updating this with the V series.

New-Wifi-tether
sprint tv
all red
new bootscreen
new launcher
new live wallpaper
new market
new icons**
new froyo leak
wireless N
Ability to flash OC kernels
lots more!

EVOlutionX2

So enjoy it.

New Series Changlog
-EVOlutionX-Droid theme. million extras.
-EVOlutionX2- Revamped everything. much faster, smoother.

============================================================

EVOLUTION V9

Alright EVOV9 is based on FRF85B and has the Evo update applied. it fixed alot of little problems. Much more stable and smooth. This is considered very beta as the new updates kill alot of things, it was hard to get it right. 35+ test roms actually. I will be updating as problems are found. but the only things that are not fixed are mms, BTmono, cameras. everything else should work. I recommend a wipe coming from anything, but as always it may not be 100% needed coming from another froyo rom.

Please enjoy EVOlutionV9

EVOlutionV9

Quirk- some people may get no sim card inserted at google login. just click back and it will fix it. this is one of the issues i have fixed but i will address them at a later time.

I will be adding patches, one for MMS fix and another with a white taskbar incase you dont like the black one.
You must flash coming from any rom. Go to market and download TITANIUM BACKUP. click (problems?) and install busybox. after that push menu and select batch. BACKUP ALL USER APPS. when its done you will then have all your apps backed up. then install rom, rinse, repeat.

for people who dont want use this because of cameras, i posted this up and i guess people dont think about it. Nandroid backup your 2.1. after its done wipe everything, flash this rom, set up the 2.2 rom to your liking, titanium backup works on froyo, and nandroid backup this rom. nandroids are sorted by date so just remember the earlier one is 2.1. you can rename but people say it messes up sometimes. then use froyo when you dont need cameras, and just wipe dalvik and restore 2.1 when you do. thats what i do and i love it.

Working-A2dp BT
Some mono headsets.
Wifi
GPS
Phone
SMS
MMS-Handscent
Video player
Lights
JIT
Market

Not Working-
Cameras :( i am still in testing but i have not done all the tests yet so theres still hope

Changelog-
Froyo test 2-toasts current release.
Froyo test 3-Changed around xmls for mag sensors(accident) Fixed Bluetooth HW issue so now it starts and pairs. Fixed wifi reconnect issue.
Froyo test 4-Fixed all sensors. lights stay on for right now. Wifi works, Gps works, Bt works, no a2dp. 4G now works but no app to use.
Froyo test 5-Based on different froyo leak. many many changes. new boot.img. fixed bluetooth 100%. should fix bootloop
Froyo test 6-Completely Deodexed. more refined. no cameras :( same things apply from before but its more stable now. and now we can customize.
Froyo test 7-Cleaned up everything. Fixed lights and sensors. fixed market. added more BT. fixed roaming. fixed launcher lag. Overall much much faster. Haptic is still low to keep other fixes.

New changelog:D-

EVOlutionV8-Went back to V5 framework and apks. Fixed led, estrong file manager<jackedfromflipz:)>,fixed wifi issues, 3G issues, Better memory managment, added sense clock<fancy widget>, 100% FULLMARKET, fixed roaming, decreased JIT threshold for faster waketimes, improved stock audioEQ, Fixed news widget refresh, fixed GPS lock-on, fixed mag sensors.

EVOlutionV8RevA+B-added newer froyo, and oc ability

EVOlutionV9- Fixed all the little issues. Now based on newest leaks and added the evo updated files. Theme by nexus devs. The only things that dont work now are cameras, mono BT, and mms. mms should be fixed this week.

enjoy!

Recommendations- i want to include this as i know how it is just starting android rooting. when your start flashing roms, the first thing you do is look for flaws. now these little things kept me from going to roms. the biggest problem i forget is that there are apps out there that can replace the small ones.

Handcent-Ultimate msging app. i suggest you download this, go into the stock msg app and disable notifications. this will help with Voicemail issues.

Rootexplorer- you must have this. it is one amazing app

Better keyboard- the stock skin on this beats anything i have used. i recommend this app also.

Titanium backup- USE THIS AND BACKUP ALL APPS WEEKLY!!!

i will add to this as i continue. and one very very important thing, i got my htc hero in november. i didnt join XDA until january but i downloaded roms from day1. leave comments!!!! as a developer the most important thing is not how many people use your rom or how much money you make. its all about you all telling us you love our rom. theres no greater feeling than sitting down for 6 hours at a time and fixing issues and hearing thanks. so this is just something to think about :D thanks for the support everyone

Credits-Toast for first build!!! Without that i would be working on something else :)
Credits go to the the nexus forum where i got the icons
-thanks to the dev who found wireless N
-anyone i forget, i do not in any way shape or form want to take away from other developers. if i forgot you please pm me and i will include you and get you the credit you deserve.

Last edited:

Avalaunchmods

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2010
Kentucky
as stated above. please list in detail EVERY problem you find i will go threw and try to fix what can be fixed.

starting with BT. tell me what profiles do and dont work. i know a2dp doesnt but lets see about the others

thanks!

J3STUR

Jun 5, 2010
Flint, Mi
Nice work, getting closer to a stable froyo, will try when a get out work and report back with problems that I find.

tyrnight

Jan 4, 2009
Orlando, FL
yea.. 4shared isnt letting any browser download it.. I wait 90 seconds.. then the link comes up and then it re-counts down 90 seconds..

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
OP, thank you so much, i've been waiting for test 3 and didn't think it was ever going to come. if everything besides mms and camera works, you're about to get the biggest donation today. thanks once again man and i will post back results.

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
can someone mirror this? the link on 4shared is not working.
edit: i got it, nevermind.

Last edited:

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
can anybody get this rom to load? i'm trying to give some money away but i've done everything and am stuck in this infinite boot loop. I can flash another rom but i want this one.

kluster1999

May 25, 2008
Thanks for the ROM. Here are 3 problems I am incurring:

1. Can't pair with bluetooth device.

"There was a problem pairing with LG HBM-570 because the PIN or Passkey was incorrect." The problem is, android doesn't pop up a keypad for me to type in any PIN. Then when I hit the back key, I get an error message:

"Sorry! The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

2. Screen auto-rotate to landscape doesn't work at all. I tried in Messaging and the Browser. The setting Auto-rotate screen is checked under Display setting.

3. Proximity sensor doesn't work. When I'm on the phone the screen doesn't turn off automatically.

Other than that everything else seems to be running fine. The LED light goes away when I unplug, finally! I also updated the eri.xml to get rid of the roaming indicator. I will post updates as needed. Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts