[BETA] Meta Widget - create widgets from any web content

Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
META WIDGET

Meta is a unique app that can turn virtually any online content into dynamic, interactive widgets.

Simply browse to a website, pick a column of text, link or image and enjoy this information right on your home screen!

Why is this cool you ask? Because almost anything can be parsed out of a website - images, blogrolls, RSS feeds or entire windows.

Any widget created through Meta can be customized and automatically updated, or updated on user interaction.

Features

★ Create widgets from almost any website element
★ Parse graphs and images
★ Extract statistics and information from authorized sites
★ Configure widgets (background, alignment, etc.)
★ Automatic updates
★ User defined click actions
★ Lots of other cool stuff

Status

The app is currently quite stable, but we still prefer to call it a beta. So please, do write to us with suggestions or bug reports!

Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.metawidget

The free app has everything but automatic updates.

Screens

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010

Fixed keyboard issue present on some phones
Fixed image cache optimization (much faster now)
Fixed a rendering issue that occurs if data connection is lost
Fixed a few device-specific issues from user feedback

Reactions: thanet

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Hi guys - please give me some feedback on the latest release!

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Thank you, i look forward to it. The more feedback, the better the app. Imagine - a developer that actually listens to consumers!

Reactions: Bastaerd

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010

Fixed alignment issue on text and lists
Fixed sort order issue in list view
Added divider visibility toggle
Optimized custom browser rendering
Minor UI changes to increase compatibility

xaboren

Mar 15, 2011
Good job !!

Hey,
I had this (huge, at least for me ;) review written, then at the end hit backspace and freakin firefox took me a page back. WTF Firefox, I could kill you for that.
Anyway, so here is the short version:

• Love your amazing design, with one exception of the settings menu (where you can choose the titel and all that)
  • I could not quite work out the difference between the up-down arrows and the left-right arrows
  • I did not understand the option to display as a list. I just didn't understand what it does
  • The text size didn't always work properly, sometimes when I would choose a bigger text size, it would actually be smaller
  • Everytime I had the widget done, I always had to manually resize it, but I guess that was because of sense
  • The widget itself was always just one big text and not nicely organized the news thread on the webpage, so the widget itself was kind of useless to me
  • One more tip; if you had chosen more than one element (e.g. an entire news thread), that it then should just open the single element, not the entire website with all the elements

Again great work guys!

The two websites I tried it with:

1. apktops
  2. manga-access

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Not sure what your problem with the menu is... its just like any other android menu.

Regarding the arrows - they will work better or borse, it all depends on the content.

"Use all as list" - this will use all the items listed below in list form, instead of just the element you clicked on.

Havent seen any problems with text size from anyone else, so most likely user error there, or some sort of parsing issue on the sites themselves.

We will make a bunch of sizes in the next release.

Lol.

Not going to happen.

bigwichtel

Jan 27, 2009
Hi!

I installed the app from Play Store but I don't find the Widget or the App.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

bluejee

Nov 9, 2007
same here. i installed it but do not see it anywhere in apps drawer or widgets tab. i check in installed apps and its there but thats the only place i see it.

running caulkins v1.5 ICS rom.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010

Bastaerd

Aug 20, 2011
Amsterdam
its a widget - it shows in the widgets drawer and may need a reboot for gods sake:

Don't feed the idiots ;)
Been using Meta Widget to display headlines from sites for a while. Not much to complain because it does what I want it to do. Only thing I would like toe see is the option to make the widget title bold or underlined.
Great app!

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
It shall be done. There will also be a minor release in preparation for the widget constructor we will release next week.

Reactions: Bastaerd

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Guys, please rate the app on the market, that will help a lot!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    META WIDGET

Meta is a unique app that can turn virtually any online content into dynamic, interactive widgets.

Simply browse to a website, pick a column of text, link or image and enjoy this information right on your home screen!

Why is this cool you ask? Because almost anything can be parsed out of a website - images, blogrolls, RSS feeds or entire windows.

Any widget created through Meta can be customized and automatically updated, or updated on user interaction.

Features

★ Create widgets from almost any website element
    ★ Parse graphs and images
    ★ Extract statistics and information from authorized sites
    ★ Configure widgets (background, alignment, etc.)
    ★ Automatic updates
    ★ User defined click actions
    ★ Lots of other cool stuff

Status

The app is currently quite stable, but we still prefer to call it a beta. So please, do write to us with suggestions or bug reports!

Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.metawidget

The free app has everything but automatic updates.

Screens

I would appreciate some feedback please!

Fixed keyboard issue present on some phones
    Fixed image cache optimization (much faster now)
    Fixed a rendering issue that occurs if data connection is lost
    Fixed a few device-specific issues from user feedback
    Installing this now, will give feedback after 2-3 days ;)
    Thank you, i look forward to it. The more feedback, the better the app. Imagine - a developer that actually listens to consumers!