How to enable usb debugging mode when phone is bricked

Search This thread

Shahid Niazi

Jun 10, 2014
Hi! hello every one.......I'm new to XDA .... and may be I'm posting my problem in wrong discussion ...... any how I having a problem with my mt6589 Clone S4......
Yesterday I was using my phone and it's working fine but when I restart my phone I gets stuck on adroid logo..... I tried wiping cache / factory rest....but no luck...
I'm googling my problem for last 14 to 15 hours but I don't find any help full information......
I tried Installing custom rom by going to recovery mode .....but it gets unknown error....
I tried spflash tool ..... but it asks for enabling usb debugging mode but my stucks on android logo..... now basically my question is that how to turn debugging mode on when my phone get stucks on android logo.....
I also can't install cwm recovery because it's also ask for enabling a debugging mode.......

sonyu

Jun 9, 2014
Hi! hello every one.......I'm new to XDA .... and may be I'm posting my problem in wrong discussion ...... any how I having a problem with my mt6589 Clone S4......
Yesterday I was using my phone and it's working fine but when I restart my phone I gets stuck on adroid logo..... I tried wiping cache / factory rest....but no luck...
I'm googling my problem for last 14 to 15 hours but I don't find any help full information......
I tried Installing custom rom by going to recovery mode .....but it gets unknown error....
I tried spflash tool ..... but it asks for enabling usb debugging mode but my stucks on android logo..... now basically my question is that how to turn debugging mode on when my phone get stucks on android logo.....
I also can't install cwm recovery because it's also ask for enabling a debugging mode.......

So, you flashed a ROM via cwm.
A few lines later you mention that you can't install cwm... is there something I miss????
Whatever;
Can you enter Fastboot/Flash mode manually/via PC and flash a new ROM from there using Flash Tool?
Have you unlocked your bootloader?

Have you tried following these steps?

That's pretty much everything I can think of.
I hope it's just a software brick... :fingers-crossed:

Shahid Niazi

Jun 10, 2014
A few lines later you mention that you can't install cwm... is there something I miss????
Whatever;
Can you enter Fastboot/Flash mode manually/via PC and flash a new ROM from there using Flash Tool?

No I said I can't install a rom via recovery it gets unknown error ....
But Now I have another question how to enter mt5689 in Fastboot/Flash Mode manually via pc .....with flash tool......

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
if you want to install a stock rom via odin, you dont need usb debugging to be on, just boot into odin/download mode (google to see how) and flash a stock rom, then do whatever you need.

Reactions: TheTAMAS

irfanjunaid

Mar 21, 2013
India

Now listen to me very carefully! Don't even try to flash a new firmware to your mobile which is not for your mobile and face the same fate as did! Your place is needrom.com. just contact the site administrator for your device model and he will help you... Believe me!

Reactions: Younes_vd

Shahid Niazi

Jun 10, 2014
Hi.....thanx for your reply brother.......
I downloaded the rom from needrom.com for my device mtk6589.....which is actually mtk6572
but after installing a rom with spflash tool....... my hand set gets dead....no usb no display no charging nothing.......
I flashed with spflash tool and process completed successfully with no error... but after installation of rom I safely remove usb of my device ... but when I try to turn my phone on then nothing happen.. now my phone is hard bricked.... Now Plz guide me what I should do now....
I heard from someone that I can be fixed with volcano box....
Plz can anyone tell me..

TheTAMAS

Mar 6, 2014
if you want to install a stock rom via odin, you dont need usb debugging to be on, just boot into odin/download mode (google to see how) and flash a stock rom, then do whatever you need.

You just brought a sigh of relief & smile to my face.. :)
Not just that-you helped me restore my phone with less worry.. :D

Thanks a tonne :angel:

henno98.hg

Feb 2, 2015
software brick

I have a rooted and unlocked bootloader xperia s. What happened is that I was flashing a new software via cwm and its boot img but its stucks on boot img when restarting phone and I haven't enabled usb debugging so I can't install cwn. So anyone can help me???

jambrokalel

Apr 9, 2016
Help!!!!!

I have a rooted and unlocked bootloader xperia s. What happened is that I was flashing a new software via cwm and its boot img but its stucks on boot img when restarting phone and I haven't enabled usb debugging so I can't install cwn. So anyone can help me???

Help i have the same problem, put a custom boot loader on an asus zenfone 2 ze551ml and I couldnt get my passcode to work so I put it in recovery mode and wipe devit cache and it took longer than it should so I forced phone off and ever since then the phjone turns on but loops. I have tried to manully put the phone fastboot and doing that but didnt work. and even tried to update from ADB and that even didnt work. I have tried everything but no luck. Please help me. or email me too gonzalestech@outlook.com

sandip_jaguar

Jun 1, 2016
The bootloader of my htc desire s is locked and the phone is also not turning on , my usb debugging modhe was disabled, now i need to unlock the bootloader . help me please

chandrakaii

Jul 17, 2016
Whatever;

hello!,i wanna ask some question
so right now my phone is stuck on boot or bootloop,and i actually have the stable rom in my phone but the name is not "update.zip" and i forgot to enable usb debugging,is there anyway to access my internal storage without usb debugging
my phone is xiaomi mi4,thanks!:good:

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

hello so my phone is currently in bootloop,i have a stable rom in my internal storage but the name is not update.zip so i cant flash the rom,i forgot to enable usb debugging,is there anyway to access the internal storage via pc without usb debugging?,my current phone is mi4 xiaomi
Thanks!

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
hello so my phone is currently in bootloop,i have a stable rom in my internal storage but the name is not update.zip so i cant flash the rom,i forgot to enable usb debugging,is there anyway to access the internal storage via pc without usb debugging?,my current phone is mi4 xiaomi
Thanks!

Stable rom as in stock rom? or a stable custom rom?
in any case. if you have cwm or twrp you should be able to access the file on your computer, or even transfer it to an sd if the phone has it..
if its a custom rom flashable zip though you you might as well just flash it.
if its a stock rom an you cant aces recovery then you have to redownload it to your pc....

joe2k01

Dec 13, 2015
Cagliari (Sardinia)
Hi.....thanx for your reply brother.......

I downloaded the rom from needrom.com for my device mtk6589.....which is actually mtk6572

but after installing a rom with spflash tool....... my hand set gets dead....no usb no display no charging nothing.......

I flashed with spflash tool and process completed successfully with no error... but after installation of rom I safely remove usb of my device ... but when I try to turn my phone on then nothing happen.. now my phone is hard bricked.... Now Plz guide me what I should do now....

I heard from someone that I can be fixed with volcano box....

Plz can anyone tell me..

Now you can't unbrick your phone because you overwritten the preloader of your phone. Remember: when flashing with SP flash tool you mustn't flash the preloader. The preloader is the file that makes possible the flashing with SP and now that you have overwritten it or flashed the wrong one, you probably won't be able to recover it. Take it to service center.

Sent by my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Whatever;

plz can anyone tell how to enable usb debugging mode when phone is bricked.....
    my phone too .. I forgot to switch my USB debugging... :(

Now listen to me very carefully! Don't even try to flash a new firmware to your mobile which is not for your mobile and face the same fate as did! Your place is needrom.com. just contact the site administrator for your device model and he will help you... Believe me!