[ROM][OFFICIAL][H870][H872][US997] AquariOS 9 || Live Support || Theming || 3/10/2019

Search This thread

dmxl

Sep 28, 2006
Leiden, NL
Can't comment about system profiles because I don't use them myself, but..
- an interface called "App Ops" hidden deep in the settings will allow you to control permissions in a way that is similar to LOS' app management features (but not their privacy guard without a separate app)
-the navigation bar can be highly customized with new/moved/changed buttons, and also a gesture-based method is available
- in general, this ROM is super stable, very few bugs, and nice battery life
- it also has nearly all the features I liked from LOS 14.1 plus some extras, and is way more customizable than LOS 15.1. But I haven't tried LOS 15.1 since early this year, so I'm sure it's improved

Thanks so much for your reply! Sounds all good then! Perhaps someone else can elaborate on how to temporarily disable the lockscreen with this rom. :)

varefaz

Jun 30, 2013
plus.google.com
which procedure you have used to flash the bootloader? can you explain pls? i have the same problem with the fingerprint
for all those looking for an answer !!! For the LG G6 h870, you need to flash the nougat 11G bootloader. to do this, just flash the twrp file as a simple zip no wipe or other things are needed. I did it now and my fingerprint sensor works again.

AlienAnarchy

Dec 29, 2014
Hello!
Maybe its time for my G6 to get a new ROM, because the original is starting to fall apart (bugs/random reboots/slow etc.). Anyone can tell me what are the things that NOT working currently?
Most important stuff for me: bluetooth and wifi together, Camera (is the LG camera app installable?) Im down to use a different app, but not the Open Camera app, thats pure garbage.
Cheers

Sobek5150

Feb 28, 2016
Indianapolis
LG G6
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hello!
Maybe its time for my G6 to get a new ROM, because the original is starting to fall apart (bugs/random reboots/slow etc.). Anyone can tell me what are the things that NOT working currently?
Most important stuff for me: bluetooth and wifi together, Camera (is the LG camera app installable?) Im down to use a different app, but not the Open Camera app, thats pure garbage.
Cheers

This is definitely a good rom. Most everything working. I think only a few common G6 bugs exist no matter what non-stock rom you go too. AOD uses a lot of power, audio has a little hiss at low decibels, BT calling is hit or miss for some people (it's always been fine for me I'm on Us997), no VOLTE. Beyond that I think most other stuff is in great condition.

No LG camera ports for non-stock roms at this time. Wouldn't plan on seeing any. Not really worth porting something just for a different UI experience. I can recommend as an everyday shooter cstarks gcam port with HDR+. If you want manual camera control check out Snap Camera or FV-5 (both paid apps I believe) might be others too.

Never had a problem with BT and WIFI together. Again results on AOSP and LOS based roms have varied. Hope this helps.

Sent from my LG-US997 using XDA Labs

daweeze02

Jul 10, 2009
To be clear on the H872 just like the 870 if you came from oreo and are missing the fingerprint option in the settings after flashing to this rom you have to flash the llg nougat bootloader?? I can't live without fingerprint, I feel like I went back years in cell technology lol

BamboBJJ

Nov 4, 2018
How can I delete this below Google bar located near navigation bar?? Any ideas, can not find such option in settings ?

khenzar

Aug 29, 2011
Did any of you guys have problem to play media to phone speakers from music apps? It's a quite specific issue. For example, playing YouTube or Spotify to speakers works fine, but not from Musicolet, Google Music, or any other local-storage music player I have tried. You start the playback and the phone becomes sluggish until you stop it, but no sound coming out. Strangely, playing to Bluetooth audio (whether car or headphones) or even wired headphones, works just fine from any app.
I am on H870 magisk-rooted and flashed the stock nougat rom before coming to Aquarius.

Last edited:

Sobek5150

Feb 28, 2016
Indianapolis
LG G6
OnePlus 7 Pro
Did any of you guys have problem to play media to phone speakers from music apps? It's a quite specific issue. For example, playing YouTube or Spotify to speakers works fine, but not from Musicolet, Google Music, or any other local-storage music player I have tried. You start the playback and the phone becomes sluggish until you stop it, but no sound coming out. Strangely, playing to Bluetooth audio (whether car or headphones) or even wired headphones, works just fine from any app.
I am on H870 magisk-rooted and flashed the stock nougat rom before coming to Aquarius.

There's been a bug for a while that causes that audio error. I don't believe this version of AquariOS is being actively updated, as the maintainer is working on Pie for the G6.

This issue has been patched in other ROMS though. Both Elimnators AEX builds and Wolfs AICP builds here in XDA have this error patched.

neca94

Dec 5, 2011
Belgrade
There's been a bug for a while that causes that audio error. I don't believe this version of AquariOS is being actively updated, as the maintainer is working on Pie for the G6.

This issue has been patched in other ROMS though. Both Elimnators AEX builds and Wolfs AICP builds here in XDA have this error patched.

Is there a workaround for this to be avoided since I cant even hear thru headphones ..
It does work on BT headphones tho..

Last edited:

Sobek5150

Feb 28, 2016
Indianapolis
LG G6
OnePlus 7 Pro
Is there a workaround for this to be avoided since I cant even hear thru headphones ..
It does work on BT headphones tho..

There is a patch out there that has been implemented on a few builds. The problem with the patch is that it causes certain other apps and in browser video audio to be distorted and slowed down. Also it's probably in the form of code that would need to be merged before compiling, etc, etc... Not easy basically and not worth it in my opinion.

Reactions: neca94

neca94

Dec 5, 2011
Belgrade
Okay so, I belie I encountered a bug, mainly it is Network connection, for some reason device uses slow af LTE connection and Wifi can go past like 500Kb/s

Or it just might be some setting I dont know about ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Sobek5150

C3r3s

Nov 20, 2018
You need Android N flash before flashing this or AOSPextended for fingerprint to work. Oreo breaks this

How I do that?
Furthermore I noticed a new bug. When multitasking windows are shown, clicking on hold button (padlock icon) does not prevent the app on being closed when apps are killed through trash button.

Last edited:

neca94

Dec 5, 2011
Belgrade
How I do that?
Furthermore I noticed a new bug. When multitasking windows are shown, clicking on hold button (padlock icon) does not prevent the app on being closed when apps are killed through trash button.

Go download FulmicsOS which is based on Stock 7.0, and a little file called something like, FlumicsOS 7.0 Bootloader

After flashing that, I booted to AquariOS just fine with fingerprint working.

Mind you after booting to AquariOS, you WILL have to wipe data for fingerprint to work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ymEqc4F.png

JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHAT!
    Latest Pie builds are now live!!!
    JOIN HERE!

No Telegram? Don't worry, all stable builds will also come this way!

Disclaimer:
    We are NOT responsible for anything that may happen to your device as a result of flashing ROMs, kernels, or installing any other mod. You are responsible for your own actions and bad decisions - so stop blaming others! ;)

This is a user friendly thread. Please be respectful and courteous to other users. While feature requests will be considered, AquariOS tries to maintain a ROM that is smooth and stable, so adding every feature under the sun is not the plan here.

READ!​
    1. Unless I tell you otherwise, you MUST always, absolutely, positively, most certainly wipe data AND system before flashing AquariOS...without a doubt!

2. Don't report bugs if you haven't followed directions - most likely it's user error at that point as far as I'm concerned.

3. Always run a backup before doing anything.

4. Provide a log when reporting a bug (see more info below).

5. Be respectful.

AquariOS Team:

LEAD DEVS:
    *@calebcabob
    *@rc420head
    *@bigrushdog

OTHER CONTRIBUTORS:
    *@Fezzy102
    *@Roger.T
    *@MikereDD
    *@popogijo
    *@DigiGoon

OFFICIAL TESTERS:
    *@biron_w
    *@S8ntsHaz3
    *@pathum1
    *@dadoc04
    *@kheltek
    *@undeadking
    *@pro_b
    *@rav101
    *@koax88
    *@Triscuit
    *@AdamzApple_

Features:
    Featured attractions
    • SmartBar, Pulse, and Fling
    • Theming: Dark/black background
    • Theming: Accent picker (27 colors)
    • Theming: AquariOS TileStyles (changes QS tile shapes)
    • Theming: Font engine
    • Custom status bar battery options
    • Custom status bar clock and date
    • Custom headers
    • Lock screen weather: Pixel style
    • BatteryBar: status bar & navbar
    • Custom LED color controls
    • "Clear all" recents button (if QuickStep disabled)
    • Volume rocker options
    • Lock screen visualizer
    • Lock screen custom clocks
    • Advanced power menu (Stock look & feel)
    • App Ops
    Expand to see full list of features:

Navbar & Status bar
    • Smart Bar, Pulse, and Fling
    • Ripple/Spring/Flip/Pixel animations
    • Optional seek arrows for media playback
    • Pulse: Stock & SmartBar. Blacklisting. Advanced controls
    • Double-tap navbar to sleep
    • Custom status bar battery options (circle, dotted circle, large circles, hide)
    • Custom status bar clock and date (center clock available)
    • Battery Bar (status bar & navbar)
    • Network traffic indicator
    • Status bar icon blacklisting

Notification Drawer
    • Custom headers
    • Advanced location tile (3-mode location toggle)
    • Brightness: slider show/hide, slider positioning, brightness buttons show/hide, and more
    • Quick pull-down
    • Tile animation options
    • Ability to change number of quick settings columns/rows
    • Option to hide QS tile titles
    • Heads-up (immunizer, blacklister, snooze, duration)
    • QS opacity

Lock screen
    • Lock screen bottom shortcut options
    • Lock screen charging info
    • Media art on lock screen (enable/disable)
    • Lock screen weather (stock Pixel version)
    • Lock screen visualizer

Buttons
    • Power Menu customizations (shortcuts, actions)
    • Volume key music control
    • Advanced volume panel
    • Long-press power button for torch

System and Misc
    • Substratum compatibility
    • Custom doze options
    • Optional "Clear all" recents button (including placement)
    • Increasing ringtone option
    • Ability to unlink notification volume from ringer volume
    • Option to force show Enter key
    • Network speed indicator
    • Status bar brightness control
    • Screen-off animations
    • Double-tap to sleep on lock screen, navbar, & status bar
    • Advanced screenshot functionality (partial/fullscreen)
    • Advanced screen recording tile
    • App package name to app info screen
    • Dynamic vendor image notification
    • Hidden dashboard hints & summaries
    • Developer settings enabled by default
    • Custom night light brightness options
    • Disabled forced encryption
    • Disabled tether provision checks
    • Expanded desktop options
    • Bug fixes and stability improvements

Changelog:
    Code:
    3/10/2019 initial release

Downloads:

ROM: Latest AquariOS builds

GApps: OpenGapps

Q & A
    Read this before telling everyone something is broken!

1. Android Pay isn't working!! What do I do?
    Go into Magisk settings and toggle on the "Hide Magisk" option. Then try again. Also, I've found once in a great while, even with this enabled, it will say it failed - if this happens, just try again...it'll work.

2. It's bootlooping after flashing ROM with Magisk - now what?
    Don't flash Magisk until you have already booted into the new AquariOS build at least once. If that wasn't your issue, sometimes Substratum overlays can cause bootloops. If you have anything applied, flash the SubstratumRescue zip from your substratum directory

3. Why is the built-in System Theme section greyed-out (background, accent, & fonts)?
    When the Substratum app is installed, this section will become inaccessible in order to prevent conflicts. You CANNOT use them both at once!

Reporting a bug?
    See how to do so here:

BEFORE REPORTING A BUG:
    1. Flash the SubstratumRescue zip and see if your issue is still there.
    2. If you have flashed a custom kernel or ANY OTHER MODs, delete 'data/system/packages_cache' then wipe dalvik/cache, and flash AquariOS again WITHOUT any additional modifications/custom kernel.
    3. Check to see if your issue persists.

*Do NOT even bother reporting an issue if you have dirty-flashed AquariOS over some other ROM! We WILL be able to tell!

Logs are crucial to resolving almost any kind of issue. You need to provide a log in order for the issue to be addressed. Please also include info on how to reproduce the reported bug if possible (maybe even take a screen recording for us ;)).

If you need a log extracting app, try out CatLog!
    Either save your log locally and share it, or paste your log into an online code sharing tool like hastebin.com - then share the URL after hitting the SAVE icon.

Credits & Thanks:
    Ezio84
    OmniRom
    Dirty Unicorns
    SlimRoms
    The LineageOS Community
    Team Substratum
    The AquariOS testers!!!
    And all other open source Devs/Teams who share their work!

Source Code:
    Kernel

XDA:DevDB Information
    AquariOS 9, ROM for the LG G6

Contributors
    rc420head, calebcabob
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Oero bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-06-25
    Last Updated 2019-03-10
    New Builds are up
    see OP for changelog & link
    Hey Hey its update time :)
    AquariOS 9 Pie is out
    OP has been updated with new links
    Enjoy
    New builds are up
    Change Log
    Merged android-8.1.0_r40 aka July security patches
    Open camera works and the image is pretty good, but the functionality of the stock camera is not here.
    As for battery life this feels the same as stock Oreo.

I have a custom kernel in the works. Yesterday morning I was at 94 percent and played like 3hrs of pubg and battery dropped to only 76