Unrevoked team: Incredible Root process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

seanhassars

Feb 2, 2009
couple questions:
1. if i'm on 2.1 update1 with software # 1.22.605.2 and I accepted that exchange update back when the phone was first released, do I need to downgrade first? answered in OP
2. is there anyway to backup both my apps AND their settings or is it strictly backing up apps?

Last edited:

Braden

Jul 11, 2007
sorry, its before OTA... my mistake

This may explain why mine, while taking the patched update, still won't allow me access to su. I can see it in my /system/bin but whenever I run it, I get permission denied. I'm currently running with the OTA.

For Windows users BTW, if you want to get an adb loop, open Powershell instead of the command prompt and run this command from the adb directory:
Code:
while ($true) { .\adb shell }

Also, I found that I had to attempt to run the update.zip and let it fail before I could push busybox or the update zips to the sdcard.

zebdor44

May 13, 2010
so what would the loop command be in a cmd prompt?

I know it involves the FOR command but dont know exactly how to do it

Just create a batch file and put this in the contents:

:TOP
C:\adb shell
GOTO TOP

Then run the batch file from cmd prompt.

And yes this will give root access but its gonna be based on luck until they can control the race condition a little more.

Thanks again devs! Gonna roll-back to pre-ota and give this exploit a go...

Last edited:

zeke1988

Apr 9, 2010
anyone got a ADB guide for dummy? im new to this.

tried google, but only got the one for droid....

madman34

Sep 4, 2006
Clarify please: Do we need to do the downgrade ??

So just to clarify as soon as it is determined for sure, do we need to do the downgrade if we have .2 update 1 on ours ????? Mucho Grazi ;-)

Well right there at the top Shadowmite says that we do NOT need to downgrade, so I wonder if the problem is that maybe you who are having trouble are missing the last step of installing Superuser.apk ???? I am going to do mine in the next day or two ;-)

Last edited:

drsuse

Oct 28, 2006
houston
does anyone have the update.zip and a dummy's guide? i rooted my droid and have done my crappy iphone, but have to know where to start.. i will be more than happy to paypal someone

madman34

Sep 4, 2006
Look up,,,,,,

The needed files are there in ShadowMite's first post, look where he links you to the process and open it and there are links to all you need there ;-) Etu Roote'

madman34

Sep 4, 2006
Yes Junior, it could happen

As with anything we do in here, or for that matter just turning it on in the morning could brick it. Granted that any time you start messing around in the deep recesses of the device you are more likely to kill it. That said, the chances are greatly reduced by good experience with the type of task you are undertaking and understanding of what you are doing and how it works, and reliable equipment, and a fully charged battery, but if you have never done anything like this before and really can not say that you reeeeeeeeeeally need the advantages of root access, or can not bear the risk that it may die, then I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole. Just my opinion, I could be wrong ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The new unrevoked.com reflash tool is out, one click root and recovery. no sd method's required. Mod's please close this thread ending with this post if you can...