[30-05-13][SD/MAGLDR] Barebone CM7 V3 SRAM

Search This thread

Erroneous91

Oct 12, 2008
Need information

I have WP7 on NAND, used some NativeSD rom's on EXT4 ofc and I stumbled up on this ROM.

What I did is: copied the whole folder I downloaded from here to the root of the FAT32 partition(I just left the EXT4 data hanging with the last nativeSD rom I had, I didn't bother touching it) and I copied the data.ext4[2GB] I downloaded to the folder where haret.exe is.

It booted via MAGLDR but I'm getting Force closes: once on boot "Calendar Storate (process com.android.providers.calendar)" and "android.process.acore" on EVERY few seconds.

Did I copy the data.ext4 in the wrong place? Or something else is wrong?

Thanks alot for your time.

EDIT:

It's working now, I just reformated the FAT32 and put only the ROM I downloaded without the data.ext4, whatever that is... :D

EDIT2:

Also, what's the proper way to treat the ROM on first boot? I see it says REBOOT x3, some say wait for the ROM to settle down, what's the proper way? Reboot x3 right after the first initial setup and after the 3rd reboot wait for it to settle?

Last edited:

farafr

Jan 7, 2011
Change LCD Density?

Hi to all,
I wanted to change LCD density from 240 to 204. so I changed the line "ro.sf.lcd_density" in build.prop inside SYSTEM.EXT4 from 240 to 204. then I changed the new SYSTEM.EXT4 with the old one. after booting to the rom nothing changed. the I checked the build.prop with Root Explorer and the line "ro.sf.lcd_density" was Ok (204). the I found there's also a similar line in the file default.prop so I changed it as well. this time after booting to the rom, I found that the line "ro.sf.lcd_density" hasn't been changed. (it's 240).
would someone tell me how can I make change in default.prop and is there anywhere else to change?
I'm using MGLOADER1.13 to boot android.
Thanks in advance.

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Hi to all,
I wanted to change LCD density from 240 to 204. so I changed the line "ro.sf.lcd_density" in build.prop inside SYSTEM.EXT4 from 240 to 204. then I changed the new SYSTEM.EXT4 with the old one. after booting to the rom nothing changed. the I checked the build.prop with Root Explorer and the line "ro.sf.lcd_density" was Ok (204). the I found there's also a similar line in the file default.prop so I changed it as well. this time after booting to the rom, I found that the line "ro.sf.lcd_density" hasn't been changed. (it's 240).
would someone tell me how can I make change in default.prop and is there anywhere else to change?
I'm using MGLOADER1.13 to boot android.
Thanks in advance.

Hi farafr, in superRAM builds you have to edit build.prop in bootsystem then reboot.

Reactions: adell_ and farafr

farafr

Jan 7, 2011
After abbout 3 weeks of use, I can say this is the most stable and smoothest rom around here in every aspects (in my opinion).I want to thanks everyone in LNE team and also Rick_1995 for this masterpiece.
I have two Questions:
1. Is there a way to make VPN run on this rom?
2. Is there any guide or tutrial about making a semiSD rom? I wonder if it's possible to run this rom in RAM as it is, and the data be in ext4 partition. I mean somthing like "BoxmaXS3.5V9 semi-SD" rom.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
After abbout 3 weeks of use, I can say this is the most stable and smoothest rom around here in every aspects (in my opinion).I want to thanks everyone in LNE team and also Rick_1995 for this masterpiece.
I have two Questions:
1. Is there a way to make VPN run on this rom?
2. Is there any guide or tutrial about making a semiSD rom? I wonder if it's possible to run this rom in RAM as it is, and the data be in ext4 partition. I mean somthing like "BoxmaXS3.5V9 semi-SD" rom.

Thanks in advance
Hi farafr, I agree. I have had no problems with this build. I have been using it often lately (on 200Mb FAT16 partition of my WP7.8 sd card).
1. I don't use vpn, and apparently neither does Rick_1995. Which is why he removed vpn support when barebone was created. Not sure how difficult it would be to reinstate it.
2. Boxmax v9 semi SD put parts of /system into RAM to speed up commonly used apps AFAIK. In this SuperRAM version, ALL of /system is already in RAM from boot up. But I can see benefits from having /data on an ext4 partition, as opposed to in data.img. But how this can be achieved is beyond me:eek:
Sorry, not much help. And happy New Year.

Reactions: farafr

farafr

Jan 7, 2011
Hi farafr, I agree. I have had no problems with this build. I have been using it often lately (on 200Mb FAT16 partition of my WP7.8 sd card).
1. I don't use vpn, and apparently neither does Rick_1995. Which is why he removed vpn support when barebone was created. Not sure how difficult it would be to reinstate it.
2. Boxmax v9 semi SD put parts of /system into RAM to speed up commonly used apps AFAIK. In this SuperRAM version, ALL of /system is already in RAM from boot up. But I can see benefits from having /data on an ext4 partition, as opposed to in data.img. But how this can be achieved is beyond me:eek:
Sorry, not much help. And happy New Year.

Thanks my friend, it's ok :). I'm looking forward to find a way to boot data from ext4 partition.

Flukturr

Sep 14, 2008
Thank you for this ROM.

I am trying to set this on my SD 16Gb SDHC card with number 4 on it, formated freshly to 64 kb clusters wia Windows 7.

I have HTC HD2 with stock ROM WM6.5, radio is 2.15.50.14.

I followed instructions from: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=881958

I copied files and folders from BareboneCM7_v2b_SRAM.zip\BareboneCM7_v2b_SRAM\BBCM7 to SD Card\Android (everything from BBCM7).

I use no Automatic Bootloader, I want to run it manually.

It goes OK untill running Harret, I see HTC android logo, when phone after few seconds boots back to Windows.

Any Idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
F

Last edited:

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Rename SDcard/Android folder to SDcard/BBCM7 and try again (or edit startup.txt to reflect new folder name, but I think "Android" folder might be used by other builds so best to use unique name above)
Hope it helps

Reactions: Flukturr

traxandrew

Jul 25, 2010
Very nice and fast ROM. But I have a problem youtube doesn't want to log in to my account. Is there a way to fix it?
Also really not enough space. How to increase amount of internal space?

Last edited:

Flukturr

Sep 14, 2008
Rename SDcard/Android folder to SDcard/BBCM7 and try again (or edit startup.txt to reflect new folder name, but I think "Android" folder might be used by other builds so best to use unique name above)
Hope it helps

It works.

I am fascinated. ROM Works like a charm.
Now I have totally new phone, faster and nicer-
Really great!
Congratulations!!!

Thanks a lot!

F

Last edited:
Reactions: Robbie P

Flukturr

Sep 14, 2008
Yet another question please: what is the battery drain in this SRAM ROM and how does it compare to others?

I find it huge. It drains my battery from 100 to 0 in 8 hours, with no apps installed, just Gmail app.

The problem is probably brightness of the screen.
When I check 'About phone/Battery usage' I see display uses 83 %.
I use 0 or 10% brightness...

I have 2 other android devices. Their 'About phone/Battery usage' shows 48% and 53% battery usage for display.

Still trying to find the solution....

Any hint appreciated.

F

Last edited:

Flukturr

Sep 14, 2008
Yet another question please: what is the battery drain in this SRAM ROM and how does it compare to others?

Because you're not setting proper command line, if you're booting from magldr, you just can't do this. If you're booting from clk, while creating boot image, set the cmdline exactly as in startup.txt and modify the partition size then flash that to a secondary boot partition, now just boot on secondary boot partition for the SD rom. I think suspend wasn't working properly with clk on sd roms, have to see why.

If it's from haret (unlikely) just edit size in startup.txt

@wis, thanks for the port, might use it sometime in the future when i try the new WP builds :)

Do I understand right, if I change line in startup.txt from
"rel_path=Android data_size=512
to
"rel_path=Android data_size=1024

will I have bigger 'internal' memory?

Because it doesn't work for me.

Is there any simple way?

I have 16 Gb CD card, and can not install no more apps...

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
F

Last edited:

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Yes, if you edit that line it will create a new, bigger data.ext4 file for more apps. But first you must delete your existing data.ext4 (or just rename it to olddata.ext4, in case you want to return to it). you might try copying data.ext4 to pc and use toporesize to increase its size.

Reactions: Flukturr

traxandrew

Jul 25, 2010
Very nice ROM and very fast. Using booting from SD. But still need Youtube app fix. It doesn't log in into your account. And update to newer Android version would be nice.

traxandrew

Jul 25, 2010
I still have a problem youtube app doesn't log in. And sometimes I loose Data connection only reboot helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This build is ported from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1867986 using Portadroid xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1094372 Credits and thanks to Rick_1995, boonbing for Portadroid, cyanogenmod, cmhtcleo team (arif-ali, milaq, charansingh and all other cm developers) for device tree, tytung for kernel, Darkstone1337 for SuperRAM concept, and any others we forgot.

Instructions:

Well you know just extract everything and put the build folder (the one with all the files in, for example ics, jelly) in the root of your sd card. If WM6.5 tap on clrcad (nothing appears to happen) then haret, if magldr navigate to build folder using ad-sd dir and select build folder name then boot AD SD.
    Please remember to REBOOT X 3.
    Magldr users can get different sized blank data.ext4 from here xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24930501&postcount=1353 edit; may get boot loops, please test. Magldr default=512Mb if you leave empty. edit2 here is blank 256mb one http://www.mediafire.com/?ey40c1wti77ni2w

Downloads

Barebone CM7 V3 -Latest SuperRAM build from Rick_1995 see this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42007074&postcount=64
    note that this is not a port from nand rom, but an exclusive SuperRAM build from Rick_1995
    There is a problem for magldr users changing lcd density, a solution is posted here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47161712&postcount=78 (thanks to Calisto1986 for the heads up). HaRET users are unaffected and can edit startup.txt as usual

Barebone CM7 V2b SRAM

DEV-HOST LINK

Barebone CM7 V2 SRAM

DEV-HOST LINK

Barebone CM7 SRAM

DEV-HOST LINK

This is from parent thread by Rick_1995
    Note: I compiled this rom for myself but figured sharing won't hurt, and hence I don't plan to provide much support though I'll see what i can if you find a bug.

What is the difference between this and the nightly ?
    All libraries and native code is compiled in ARM mode (except for libwebkit which is still in thumb mode due to it's excessive size) and compiler side optimization is turned on (again, exception being libwebkit using -Os and sqllite using -fno-fast-math).
    Important function calls and syscalls are aligned for faster response time.
    I re-implemented some of the cpu atomic functions based on what I've learned so far, swp is used for atomic swap instead of ldrex/strex, register swapping of old value is done at success so if a context switch does occur, the loop will be aligned at the same boundary as the function. On best case, there shouldn't be any difference but can improve execution time for worst case of context switches.
    Java libraries and bionic libc are compiled with NDEBUG, and the debug variable for java is also set to false.
    Most crap (stuff that "I" do not use, has been removed ie. VPN, live wallpaper support etc..)
    Fixed a few memory leaks in bionic, dalvik and ppp (also tether).
    I've removed most locales except en_US and en_GB, though android still seems to be compiling strings from other languages in the build, so they might work but i can't guarantee anything with locales other than en_(US|GB). Arabic patch
    Reverted the patch which auto closed notification bar when all notifications are canceled/removed. It was irritating me..
    more stuff i don't remember.

For now the kernel is tytungs-r1 ics kernel patched for gingerbread, though I will be patching/updating and working on the cmhtcleo kernel once i have the build known to be bug free after some time.
    I have uploaded a new version of Rick_1995's latest version which he posted here.
    The changes i made were
    1. I used portadroid 4.0 to port it. This creates ext4 image of system and allows magldr users to use different sized data.ext4 from here
    2. This has already been ported so all non-used files are already deleted, first boot will take less time (unless a new data.ext4 is being created), and will go straight to setup without rebooting.
    3. I put tytung's rmnet to ppp update in the build since portadroid only usses ppp
    4. Changed name of vending.apk to Vending.apk, so market now works
    5. Changed name of build folder to bbcm72 (also in startup.txt) to have a unique folder name, and to avoid confusing android with a folder name it uses for storage. Startup.txt also has default of 128mb data.ext4 and gps zone sg (HaRET users change to suit)

Download http://d-h.st/1La

Thanks Rick_1995
    Hey guys,

I have a small update that I've been using myself over the past few weeks. Most stuff I use works just fine but I'd like to inform you that I have not tested any cellular functionality at all as I no longer use HD2 as my daily phone (moar time for hacking!) Also, bare with me, as I'm a portadroid newb, I'm not really sure if superRAM is working or not.

Feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Download (Dev-Host)

PS: Some things you might want to do to make it smoother,

Open settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Interface
    1) Overscroll effect: None

Open settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Performance
    1) Turn-off dithering
    2) Enable 16 bit transparency
    3) Scrolling cache: Default disable
    4) Allow purging of assets
    Finally got a chance to try it.
    First boot took a few minutes as usual for porting.
    Second boot took less time.
    Data not working, had to put system folder from rmnet to ppp update into sdcard/android/root folder and reboot, and it is working now.
    wifi works out of the box.
    market keeps FCing, tried installing gb gapps (system into root folder and reboot) but still get FCs. tried fixing perms. Will see what i can do tomorrow.
    Running nice elsewise.
    :good:
    Will update OP tomorrow too, night all.
    Is there any plan to port v2b?

I'm using Barebone CM7 V2 SRAM and having problem about data connection. When I disable the data and enable it, there is no data connection. I have to restart for the data connection to come back. Does anybody have this problem and how to fix this? This build uses RMNET or PPP?
    v2b SRAM on post #1
    Sorry for delay in posting this.
    Data works, tested on magldr and haret.

EDIT:i have changed post 1 title thread date for you Robbie;)