[Q] AT&T Note Edge Root, Kingroot + SafeStrap?

Search This thread

Slimicus

Oct 17, 2007
for a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge (AT&T SM-N915A) Has anyone used ODIN to flash 4.4.4 from Lollipop (which I read doesn't trip knox) and then used Kingroot to get temporary root and then install Safestrap? I didn't really find any custom roms, but when booting from Safestrap, wouldn't root still be available even if you installed the stock Lollipop rom as the SS rom? Or would it be too difficult to remove the recovery if that's present in the stock LP rom so it doesn't mess with SS if you boot from it?

rquinn19

Feb 10, 2007
Phila
for a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge (AT&T SM-N915A) Has anyone used ODIN to flash 4.4.4 from Lollipop (which I read doesn't trip knox) and then used Kingroot to get temporary root and then install Safestrap? I didn't really find any custom roms, but when booting from Safestrap, wouldn't root still be available even if you installed the stock Lollipop rom as the SS rom? Or would it be too difficult to remove the recovery if that's present in the stock LP rom so it doesn't mess with SS if you boot from it?

I did use ODIN to go back to KitKat and then used Kingoroot, but the safestrap part your talking about I have no clue. Was unaware of any safestrap for the Notre 4 or Edge.

Back on Lollipop unrooted though. Found the temp root annoying and with FF browser and AdBlock plugin I'm getting by

shylude

Sep 12, 2007
help

I did use ODIN to go back to KitKat and then used Kingoroot, but the safestrap part your talking about I have no clue. Was unaware of any safestrap for the Notre 4 or Edge.

Back on Lollipop unrooted though. Found the temp root annoying and with FF browser and AdBlock plugin I'm getting by

Can you plz send me a link for the kitkat firmware?

xxswagga1xx

Dec 23, 2013
What's up guys? I need some help rooting my N-915A, can you guys show me the path. I'm running lolllipop 5.0.1

djwasel

Dec 19, 2010
Is there ever going to be a root for this phone? Its almost a year and nothing is out yet? I have never had to wait this long for any android phone before. so frustrating :(

Oditius

Jun 30, 2007
Chicago
What's up guys? I need some help rooting my N-915A, can you guys show me the path. I'm running lolllipop 5.0.1

Sorry, no permanent root yet... But the 5.1.1 upgrade is available, just remember to clear the cache before attempting to upgrade.

Is there ever going to be a root for this phone? Its almost a year and nothing is out yet? I have never had to wait this long for any android phone before. so frustrating :(

Probably not, but that is my opinion and not based on fact.

Sorry, no permanent root yet...

Lethal Ludacy

Mar 20, 2016
So it is possible now to get temporary root access using kingroot on 5.1.1 but I am hoping someone get this information to chainfire so that chainfire can use it to come up with a permanent root using odin.

Reactions: nasir wazir

datbi_201

Dec 25, 2007
hey guys,
I am from Vietnam and i just 've bought the SM-N910A (said that from ATT) in Vietnam. I used RootChecker and Phone INFO to get to check my phone.
The result is my phone was ROOTED!!!. I restarted some times but the ROOT is still accessed.
I tried to use Root Explorer to copy/paste from/into system folder, it's ok like other rooted devices.

I'm following xda-note edge and see everyone's saying that NO way to permanent root ATT note egde.

I also dont know what method the seller used to root my edge, but i think it's permanently rooted.
I've NOT try to unlock bootloader neither install recovery. There seem to be no official method for ATT edge. I am afraid bricking my device.
I upload some screen to show you my note. Thanks and need your advice, guys

cabewse

Sep 5, 2011
hey guys,
I am from Vietnam and i just 've bought the SM-N910A (said that from ATT) in Vietnam. I used RootChecker and Phone INFO to get to check my phone.
The result is my phone was ROOTED!!!. I restarted some times but the ROOT is still accessed.
I tried to use Root Explorer to copy/paste from/into system folder, it's ok like other rooted devices.

I'm following xda-note edge and see everyone's saying that NO way to permanent root ATT note egde.

I also don't know what method the seller used to root my edge, but i think it's permanently rooted.
I've NOT try to unlock bootloader neither install recovery. There seem to be no official method for ATT edge. I am afraid bricking my device.
I upload some screen to show you my note. Thanks and need your advice, guys

When you moved data into /system did you remove it before rebooting, or did you leave it in /system and were still able to boot?

If you could enable USB Debugging and open a shell with ADB and type "ps", then post the output, that may be a place to start.

Last edited:

cabewse

Sep 5, 2011
Recently, kingroot has been able to get root on my note, but after 5-10 minutes I get ANRs and the phone crashes, then I have to re flash with Odin to go back to stock. I have logcat logs up to where it crashes as well.

I'm on 5.1.1

Edit
5 minutes after I posted this AT&T tried pushing a security update. Probably to fix this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

kashaki

May 9, 2016
Recently, kingroot has been able to get root on my note, but after 5-10 minutes I get ANRs and the phone crashes, then I have to re flash with Odin to go back to stock. I have logcat logs up to where it crashes as well.

I'm on 5.1.1

Edit
5 minutes after I posted this AT&T tried pushing a security update. Probably to fix this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using []

Hi, i have a n915a too but the baseband ends in BOC8 and the last firmware is 5.0.1, if i use the stock firmware 5.1.1 from other baseband? it will brick the phone?.
is there a way to install different firmware from another model?, like change n915a to n915f or something like that

sorry, my english is not good.

jo15765

Jun 21, 2012
Hi, i have a n915a too but the baseband ends in BOC8 and the last firmware is 5.0.1, if i use the stock firmware 5.1.1 from other baseband? it will brick the phone?.
is there a way to install different firmware from another model?, like change n915a to n915f or something like that

sorry, my english is not good.

Bringing this back to life, we are now September of 2016. Any way of permanent root on Note Edge?

gremy1987

Sep 25, 2013
I root my phone using kingroot at&t SM-N915A 5.1.1
I did temp root with KingRoot too. I went and disable the bothering Carrier IQ which was taking all my zerolemon battery. And also I disable most most of the bloatware of at&t.

Let's hope Chainfire or someone co.e with the permanent one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

juanfe1a

Sep 24, 2013
Barranquilla
Customs boot icon

I rooted my at&t note edge using king root. Then I installed SuperSU and used the option to install binaries in "normal" mode. Then the phone rebooted and in the booting screen i got an icon with an unlocked lock that said "Custom" then the phone booted normally no problem.
I dont know if this information is useful but i thought it was important to share.

gremy1987

Sep 25, 2013
I rooted my at&t note edge using king root. Then I installed SuperSU and used the option to install binaries in "normal" mode. Then the phone rebooted and in the booting screen i got an icon with an unlocked lock that said "Custom" then the phone booted normally no problem.
I dont know if this information is useful but i thought it was important to share.
What android do you have?

SAMSUNG SM-N910A With Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts