Restoring Etotalk stock ROM (ICS) using boot.img & recovery.img

Search This thread

Cool-J

Nov 29, 2009
I used a mod ROM but I made a backup before doing that. The problem is that I use now CWM recovery (6.0.1.2) and I cannot restore the stock data. I get "Error while flashing boot image". I do not know what I am doing wrong

I go to restore from internal sdcard --> and I choose the restored backup

I have wiped all the data/cache & dalvik cash available. But still nothing. Does anyone know?

raymosaurus

Oct 25, 2012
Did you use a different version of CWM recovery when you took the backup? If so it might have a different version of nandroid backup in it and be using a different backup format. If the CWM recovery is different, can't you put the original CWM recovery back on so the backup will restore with it?

Cool-J

Nov 29, 2009
Unfortunately I do not remember which recovery version it had but I am almost certain that it was the same version

Sent from my ZTE V970 using xda app-developers app

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Unfortunately I do not remember which recovery version it had but I am almost certain that it was the same version

An easy way to tell is to think about if you ever installed a new recovery. ROMs don't do that for you. ROM Manager has the ability to update your recovery image if you tell it to do so.

Your error is telling you that the recovery you have installed doesn't know how to handle the backed up boot.img. You could removed the boot.img from the backup and try restoring it again. Google it, if you don't know how to do that.

Reactions: Cool-J

raymosaurus

Oct 25, 2012
Does the MD5 check pass?

I just installed 4EXT Recovery, and it was able to restore my recent CWM recovery backups where CWM could not (>10,000 files bug). It appears that it doesn't support your device yet, but you never know.

Failing that, perhaps look at other alternatives. Maybe see if TWRP can restore CWM recovery backups, and if it supports your device.

Good luck.

Reactions: Cool-J

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

An easy way to tell is to think about if you ever installed a new recovery. ROMs don't do that for you. ROM Manager has the ability to update your recovery image if you tell it to do so.

Your error is telling you that the recovery you have installed doesn't know how to handle the backed up boot.img. You could removed the boot.img from the backup and try restoring it again. Google it, if you don't know how to do that.
    Does the MD5 check pass?

I just installed 4EXT Recovery, and it was able to restore my recent CWM recovery backups where CWM could not (>10,000 files bug). It appears that it doesn't support your device yet, but you never know.

Failing that, perhaps look at other alternatives. Maybe see if TWRP can restore CWM recovery backups, and if it supports your device.

Good luck.