[Q] Galaxy s2 wont turn on or charge, gets hot when plugged in

Search This thread

caseymanyo

Apr 7, 2014
Hi. I was just browsing on my rooted galaxy s2. Suddenly the whole screen froze. It would not do anything, so i decided to take the battery out. When i put it back in, it turned on and was stuck on the "samsung galaxy s2 i9100" screen. So i decided to take the battery out and try again. This time it wouldnt turn on or charge. When i plug it in, it just gets hot, but there is no sign of life. I tried holding the power button and entering recovery and download mode. But its not recognised. I dont think its the battery because when i plugged it into a pc without the battery, it still wasnt recognised.

Before this happened, i was running the solo launcher and i was using a kindle paper charger for it.(first time i used this).

Please help me find a way to fix it without jtag. Usb jig won't work, its totally not functioning to anything except getting hot when plugged in.

Signs of life:
Gets hot when plugged in.

TheImpossibleEnemy

Feb 5, 2014
Local Bubble
sent it to your local repair shop - it will be less expensive than samsung's service
you can also buy the mobo at ebay etc,and pay only for the procedure
idk about the price,mail the repair shop about that.

Apr 7, 2014
USB ports

When my phone was newer I had a lot of usb port trouble, overheating, failing to charge properly, even apparent bricking. I heard there was an issue with this port. I narrowed it down by sticking a small object into the USB port and levering the pin slot back up to the middle (preventing the short).
That fixed it for a while. Also fluff can create a short, so blowing it out can fix it.
It finally failed again, so I bought a $5 piece from ebay, watched a youtube video and fixed it properly.

So, try firstly blowing out the usb port, then using a toothpick to push it around a little. If that fixes your phone then all good :)