[Q] Endymion V3.4 vs Reaper V2.2.2

Search This thread

dan-fish

May 27, 2011
An extremely difficult question to answer. AOSP fans will tell you Reaper and Sense fans will tell you Endymion. Both are extremely fast and smooth though. I've used both and i only prefer Reaper because i like AOSP. The only way to judge is to try both and see which one appeals more to you.

GGLDN

Apr 14, 2012
London
for me its gotta be reaper until cm9 stable or lowveld releases a ics stable build, its a race for the best ics :D

miz_pimp

Mar 23, 2012
LG V40
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I haven't tried Endymion (yet), but I must say that Reaper 2.2.2 is very stable. :thumbup:

I'm planning on trying Endymion as soon as my internet gets sorted out :rolleyes:

Sent from my Desire S

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
i tried two of them, and used long time. So Reaper V2.2.2 is more stable than Endymion V3.4 .
I'd say that both are exceptionally stable, I use Endymion more and don't ever suffer from any instability issues, although Reaper may have better battery life as its not sense.

But both are superb quality, just depends on whether you want to use Sense or not.

GGLDN

Apr 14, 2012
London
just installed endymion, tried the camera and it is so much better, gonna set it fully up and run it for a day as much as i hate sense i may end up using it all the time until a reaper ics update is out, wishful thinking ha

klemono

Nov 24, 2011
washington dc
endymion

im using endymion for 3 months and i find it very stable i think is the best rom 3.5 sense but now looking forward for sense 4 :D

FariG

Feb 11, 2012
Amsterdam
I cant/wont choose so I have both, weekends Reaper and during the week Endymion :D But..

Reaper is super faster and has better battery life but that is because you can adjust the light settings, in settings for the light sensor to don't check as much + it does have to keep all that heavy weight of sense 3.5
Not saying that the battery life on Endymion sucks! But when comparing it to Reaper u will notice a difference

Endymion is just the best rom in being customizable u can get with sense (that i know of) here.
It just a matter of having or not having... (wait for it..) SENSE

Cole07

Oct 20, 2011
I haven't try reaper yet But I'm using Endymion for 3 days and its amazing. I love Sense and Endy makes it better.

GGLDN

Apr 14, 2012
London
without a doubt these two are the most stable roms available, you cant go wrong either way.. unless your realllllly unlucky haha

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
I cant/wont choose so I have both, weekends Reaper and during the week Endymion :D But..

Reaper is super faster and has better battery life but that is because you can adjust the light settings, in settings for the light sensor to don't check as much + it does have to keep all that heavy weight of sense 3.5
Not saying that the battery life on Endymion sucks! But when comparing it to Reaper u will notice a difference

Endymion is just the best rom in being customizable u can get with sense (that i know of) here.
It just a matter of having or not having... (wait for it..) SENSE

Completely agree. Been a long time user of Endymion, but recently gave Repaer a go. It's much better than the default offerings from CM7. lowveld has done an awesome job and tweaked it up for performance. I particularly love the browser - it's so smooth and fast. Much smoother than default CM7. I tried to add GPU rendering in CM7, but still doesn't come as close as Reaper's way.

That's a great idea! I use Endymion as my main driver, as it has all my important data and Sense customization, but Reaper is more of a 'play' toy! It's much faster in regards to speed.

I can't comment on battery life, I'm finding both to be very similar IMO.