[ROM] SUPERLITE CM10 JB4.1.2 RoM | V8.0 >> 77MB << | SLGAPPS > 10MB < | JAN 23/13 |

Search This thread

LPMatt

Apr 24, 2012
Tolland, CT
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Is this ROM better on battery life compared to the other full roms? My phone eats the battery away like an escaped hooker would eat a sammitch...

Sent from my SGH-I727 on CM10

Depends in use, but if you're comparing two roms with the same user, I have found that battery life with this rom is very good compared to other roms I've used. It can also be affected by what apps you have installed and how many. I got improved battery just switching to a different clock widget that looks just like the old one.

Sent from my Skyrocket running Jelly Bean smoothness on vin's Superlite CM10

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

After i installed this rom. Everything works except music sync. When i open music app it says no music file found on sdcard but i do have a few mp3

I recommend RomToolbox. You can have it rescan media and specify where to scan. You can also use any good file manager and make sure your mp3's are in a folder recognized by the system as a media folder.

Reactions: Brooklynsour
J

jigglywiggly

yeah my phone feels like it's on fire when in my pocket
battery also draining extremely quick
halp please

artbybart

Feb 22, 2012
Miami, FL
Battery Icon

Thanks for all your work vin!! This is the second JB rom I'm trying out and I like its quickness! I flashed the heavy version rom with the light gapps. I had couple of freezes or sods (fixed by doing hard boot) plus flickering when I was using quikpic. I followed your setup in the op, as well as one of the poster's who said to disable hw overlay. I did a quick antutu test and my score was 7038, and that's after restoring apps thru TiBu!! That thing is fast!

Is there a way to change the battery icon? I'm looking for blue digital circle, but can't see to change it? Any ideas?

Thanks.

jaquez4

May 2, 2011
San Antonio
Thanks for all your work vin!! This is the second JB rom I'm trying out and I like its quickness! I flashed the heavy version rom with the light gapps. I had couple of freezes or sods (fixed by doing hard boot) plus flickering when I was using quikpic. I followed your setup in the op, as well as one of the poster's who said to disable hw overlay. I did a quick antutu test and my score was 7038, and that's after restoring apps thru TiBu!! That thing is fast!

Is there a way to change the battery icon? I'm looking for blue digital circle, but can't see to change it? Any ideas?

Thanks.

I used the theme from this thread. Gives you the circle battery but also the theme look too. Not sure if it fits your taste. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1737161

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Reactions: artbybart

LPMatt

Apr 24, 2012
Tolland, CT
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

I'd be careful about the SkyICS mods. Seanz warned not to use older versions with his own rom. If versions didn't match, bad mojo would happen. CM stuff was largely not friendly with SkyICS either. I'm not a developer, so I don't claim to know how the code works, but I'd be extra careful to backup (+nandroid) before flashing those mods. You might be better off extracting the images from the zips and placing them in the framework on slcm10.

Reactions: artbybart
J

jigglywiggly

Last edited:

climhz

Jul 11, 2011
Hanoi
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7T
I've just update from v1.02 to v4 for 24h (just format system and cache/dalvik cache), must say it has the same stability and much more smoother (project butter relate?). The only different is screen flicker, i set settings as vincom suggest and v4 still has flicker but rarely haapens, maybe 1 per hr (v1.02 has none). I use slgapps and X kernel 6.3.6 beta1, now i will try to change kernel to 6.3.4 and 6.2.1 to see if flickers will go away

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Okay twrp works better with this ROM than cwm. By far

Sent from my S2 Skyrocket
i agree, but users using new sk8's cwm have been reporting success , but not rom managers cwm, never use rom manager to install cwm, newbs seem to think that all cwm's are the same, but they are not and are afraid to change their recovery for fear of mucking it up, but its real easy to switch between different recoveries, even easier than flashing roms

i agree, but users using new sk8's cwm have been reporting success , but not rom managers cwm, never use rom manager to install cwm, newbs seem to think that all cwm's are the same, but they are not and are afraid to change their recovery for fear of mucking it up, but its real easy to switch between different recoveries, even easier than flashing roms
im using stock kernel, no flicker, i have auto screen brightness off which i think helps

Last edited:

artbybart

Feb 22, 2012
Miami, FL

I'd be careful about the SkyICS mods. Seanz warned not to use older versions with his own rom. If versions didn't match, bad mojo would happen. CM stuff was largely not friendly with SkyICS either. I'm not a developer, so I don't claim to know how the code works, but I'd be extra careful to backup (+nandroid) before flashing those mods. You might be better off extracting the images from the zips and placing them in the framework on slcm10.

Thanks, so I tried the skyics digital circle, and that screwed up my status bar on top. It was completely gone once the phone had rebooted, and I checked the settings and it was enabled. I reflashed the rom, which wasn't really a big deal for me.

I'm noticing a notification sound not coming when using Whatsapp. I checked the settings and it is indeed enabled. I'll see what else I may be missing.

Edit: Okay, I now get it when vin said one notification sound. Basically, solved my problem by having the same notification sound for my email and whatsapp; not different ones!

Last edited:

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
I didn't notice the stock kernels in the OP... only the InstigatorX one. I'm currently using v6.3.4 of that with 192 MHz minimum and OnDemand governor. I tried the Badass governor for a while, but I'm not sure it didn't cause or somehow was related to my SODs. Seems like plugging in the USB charger has also been common to many of my SODs.

I'm currently running v3.11of this ROM with really good results. I tried the latest, but v4 had too much flicker, even with the layers build.prop tweak. I also got several random restarts, not even SODs.

Vin, would it be possible for you to post the "stock" kernels for the different versions here, in CWM/TWRP flashable format? I'd like to try them to compare battery life and stability without re-flashing the entire ROM.

Thanks... Dan

vincom

May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
BTW, if you were like me when switching to CM10 based ROM and saying "WTF, where is USB storage?" here's your answer and fix :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1800935
i had the method of usb mass storage instructions in op, but mtp works better and faster plus
when i had usb mass storage enabled , when i plugged in my usb wire i got an sod
i might repost in op but here is the correct way todo it.
>system settings/storage/ hit left button click on "usb computer connection" , then change to usb mass storage or whatever you like

I didn't notice the stock kernels in the OP... only the InstigatorX one. I'm currently using v6.3.4 of that with 192 MHz minimum and OnDemand governor. I tried the Badass governor for a while, but I'm not sure it didn't cause or somehow was related to my SODs. Seems like plugging in the USB charger has also been common to many of my SODs.

I'm currently running v3.11of this ROM with really good results. I tried the latest, but v4 had too much flicker, even with the layers build.prop tweak. I also got several random restarts, not even SODs.

Vin, would it be possible for you to post the "stock" kernels for the different versions here, in CWM/TWRP flashable format? I'd like to try them to compare battery life and stability without re-flashing the entire ROM.

Thanks... Dan
i dont have those symptoms on v4, i never tried/tested instigators kernel, somethings not right, which recovery version are you using
i looked into x kernel zip, its not that simple to overwrite the kernel as his does more that change the kernel, simply overwriting would still keep his other changes/fixes in the rom, when i get some time i'll put it in the op, but it would not truly return to stock with x's other fixes still in there

edit: i had a brain fart, you can reinstall my kernel but first you would need to wipe system and caches,
edit. no that wont work, dont do that

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] SUPERLITE CM10 JB4.1.2 RoM | V8.0 >> 77MB << | SLGAPPS > 10MB < | JAN 23/13 |

superlitelogo1.jpg

NOTE: ANY UPDATES WILL BE FOR CM10.1 JB4.2.2, NEW THREAD HERE

SUPERLITE CM10 JB4.1.2

>>> 77MB <<<
    V8.0 JB 4.1.2

STANDARD CM10 BUILDS ARE 150MB +
    BUILT FROM SOURCE
    I BUILD FOR WHAT I LIKE A ROM TO BE
    SO IF YOU LIKE IT LEAN, MEAN AND QUICK - THEN THIS IS FOR YOU.
    QUICK? YOUR FINGERS CANT KEEP UP -ZERO LAG- READ BELOW FOR INSTRUCTIONS

ITS FAST TO INSTALL
    HAS A FAST INITIAL BOOTUP TIME
    SMALL AND FAST BACKUPS AND RESTORES
    HAS FULL PHONE FUNCTIONS

ONLY 22 SEC'S. TO INSTALL
    ONE MINUTE FOR THE FIRST BOOT
    SUBSEQUENT REBOOTS ARE MERE SECONDS

YOU CAN RUN AS IS(WITHOUT GAPPS) AND SEE HOW SMOOTH AND FAST IT IS
    READ EVERYTHING, YES I MEAN YOU, READ EVERYTHING

NEW: GAPPS SUPERLITE AT ONLY 10MB
    NEW: BUILD YOUR OWN ROM: ABILITY TO ADD TO THE BASE FEATURE'S I TOOK OUT DUE TO POPULARITY OF MY ROM, TO MY SURPRISE BTW, TY. I BUILT FOR LIGHTNESS BUT I ACCOMADATED USERS WITH FLASHABLE ZIPS OF STUFF I DEBLOATED.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICES, BUT SH*T HAPPENS!

THIS IS A THREE PAGE POST
    NEW USERS TO THIS ROM READ POST #3, MOSTLY OUTDATED STUFF THOUGH
    PICS ARE IN 2ND POST, ITS A WIP
    BUGS, CHANGELOGS AND OLD NEWS ARE IN THIRD POST, ITS A WIP
    NEWBS: CM10 JB IS DIFFERENT THAN ICS, READ ABOUT CM10 FIRST PLEASE
    WARNING: I MADE MY ROM FOR ME, I TEST MY PHONE LITE, MINIMAL APPS, ITS THE WAY I LIKE MY PHONE, I REALLY DONT USE CALENDAR, RECORDER, ETC., HENCE THE NAME SUPERLITE. BUT YOU CAN STILL INSTALL THEM IF YOU NEED THEM.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

CHECK THE MD5 SUMS OF ALL DOWNLOADS
    FLASHING AND TROUBLESHOOTING EXPERIENCE IN FLASHING IS A MUST
    BACKUP YOUR CURRENT ROM IN RECOVERY
    IF COMING FROM OTHER ROMS, FULL WIPE
    V8.0 IS NOT UPGRADABLE FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS, FULL WIPE NEEDED.

IM USING TWRP 2.3.3.0
    KEEP USB CABLE UNPLUGGED.
    FULL WIPE X2 - TWRP MENU > WIPE/FORMAT > CACHE, DALVIK, SYSTEM, FACTORY RESET. IVE SEEN STUFF STICK AFTER ONLY 1 WIPE, RARE BUT HAPPENS, IF HAVING ISSUES DO THE WIPES.
    INSTALL SUPERLITE V8.0 ROM
    FLASHING WILL TAKE ABOUT 20 SEC ON TWRP

REBOOT AND TAKE A TEST DRIVE OR FLASH YOUR FAVORITE GAPPS
    LET PHONE SETTLE FIRST FOR 10 MIN, THEN OPEN EVERYTHING AT LEAST ONCE. LET IT SETTLE AGAIN.
    PLUG IN USB CABLE - MEDIA SCANNER WILL RUN - LET IT SETTLE.
    TEST FOR SPEED, THERE SHOULD BE NO TO MINIMAL LAG IN ANYTHING YOU OPEN.
    BACKUP THE ROM
    NOW YOU CAN DO WHAT THE F**K YOU WANT TO THE ROM.
    DONT ASK ABOUT CUSTOM KERNELS AS I DONT USE THEM

DOWNLOADS
    V8.0 built on Jan 19/2013 compatible with the newer custom kernels, eg. TFQ by thomas or Nibbles by CvD or KKO by dagr8.
    HoloLauncher HD 2.0.1(free version), its lighter than my previous choice of apex, replaces stock cm trebuchet launcher.
    Fixed previous issue w/borked home button when flashing slgapps right after flashing rom.
    CM bug - option to show am/pm in status bar the "clear notifications" icon will randomly appear/disappear, flipping from portrait to landscape will help.
    Quick search box - box is there but not functioning until you install "google search" from play
    NOTE: I missed a one line change in the build.prop file, shouldnt be an issue, you can change the line
    "dev.pm.dyn_samplingrate=1" to "dev.pm.gpu_samplingrate=1", was for instragram fix, as i dont use it let me know how it works as is without the change.
    http://d-h.st/l2z You can flash this to make the changes
    http://d-h.st/2bY This to fully undo the instagram tweak

Dont think there will be any updates until we get a working cm10.1 rom.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    T-MOBILE T989 HERCULES USERS I HAVE STARTED A THREAD FOR YOU HERE

SUPERLITE CM10 4.1.2 V8.0 > 77MB < - READ "BUILD YOUR OWN" BELOW FOR WHAT I TOOK OUT

SUPERLITE CM10 4.1.2 V8.0 WITH BUILTIN SUPERLITE GAPPS > 87MB < - SUPERLITE ROM W/BAKED IN SUPERLITE GAPPS - most apps from play should work or install full gapps

GAPPS I USED FOR TESTING OR USE COMPATIBLE ONES YOU'VE TESTED
    SUPERLITE GAPPS VERSION 20121011 > 10MB < - ONLY WITH PLAY AND SYNCING FOR CONTACTS & CHROME BOOKMARKS- most apps should work or install full gapps

FULL GAPPS VERSION 20121011 > 88MB < - LINKED TO GOO.IM GAPPS PAGE

INVERTED 4.1 SLIM GAPPS - tested by users

EXTRAS

THE KING OF THEMEING FOR CM10 ROMS Need to install THEMEING from BYO below- our devices are H=HDPI

1% battery and Crysis Signal
    crysisbatteryicon.jpg

1% Bot battery and Crysis Signal
    botbat.jpg

1% Circle battery and stock data signal
    stockdata_1percentcircle.jpg

Crysis Signal and stock battery
    crtsis_stockbat.jpg

Revert back to stock icons
    stockicons.jpg

MORE ICONS WHEN I HAVE TIME

BUILD YOUR OWN ROM aka BYO
    THE LINKS BELOW ARE/WERE HOSTED BY DEVHOST BUT SOME MIGHT OF BEEN REPLACED/REMOVED.
    IF UPLOADER WAS NOT ME, VINCOM, THEN ITS NOT FROM ME AND "DO NOT" DOWNLOAD.
    POST IN THIS THREAD WHICH ONES AND I WILL TRY TO RE-UP THE FILES

GET YOUR PREFERRED APPS FROM PLAY
    OR ADD TO THE BASE ANY FEATURE I TOOK OUT AND EXTRA APPS
    SEE PICS OF APP DRAWER IN 2ND POST TO SEE WHAT YOU GET.
    IF ITS UPLOADED THERE WILL BE A LINK, I WILL ADD IF YOU ASK.
    FLASHABLE ZIPS, JUST INSTALL FROM WITHIN RECOVERY AND REBOOT, NO WIPE NEEDED.

STOCK BROWSER
    CM STOCK LAUNCHER TREBUCHET
    FULL STOCK KEYBOARD -needed for multi language and/or swift keyboard
    DESK/ALARM CLOCK
    CMFILE MANAGER
    CALENDER w/syncing
    THEMEING - install then head over here Official MEGA CM10 THEMES
    LIVE WALLPAPERS
    SOUNDS - ringtones, alarms, notifications
    WALLPAPERS
    VIDEO EDITOR - might need full rom to function properly
    APOLLO
    SOUND RECORDER
    VOICE DIALER
    EMAIL AND EXCHANGE - needed by banking apps, banking apps might also need full gapps
    DSPMANAGER
    FONTS needed for emoji keyboard and languages other than english

THANKS GOTO

THE ROOKIE TEAM .... All the guys there, a great group of guys
    Sk8trwitskil
    TEAMCHOPSSTICKS
    Cyanogenmod

"I AM NOT A DEV, I JUST KNOW HOW TODO STUFF"
    SUPER LITE W/SLGAPPS V8.0 PICS

superlite_v8_homescreen.png
    -
    superlite_v8_appdrawer_slgapps.png
    -
    v8batstats.png

PREVIOUS VERSIONs PICS BELOW
    BATTERY LIFE BASE ROM, NO GAPPS W/A FEW APPS ADDED, MINAMAL USE AT TIME OF PIC, WIFI ON, 2nd pick WITH ABOUT 8HRS IN LTE ZONE
    batlife.jpg
    batlife_lte.jpg

GPS TESTED INSIDE ON FRESH INSTALL 3MINS ON, RESULTS VART WIDELY WITH GPS AND THE SKYROCKET NO MATTER WHICH ROM YOU'RE ON, CUSTOM OR STOCK, GB, ICS OR JB
    EDIT:V3 ROM, REALLY FAST LOCK WHEN TESTED OUTSIDE IN CAR, 13 SAT LOCKS 30SEC'S

gps.jpg
    Ooooooh, can't wait to try this one t'night. Sounds like my kind of ROM!

Thank you vincom! :D
    if you like it lite, that is SUPERLITE, ya i think you gonna like.
    i think i should put a warning for newbs though, if theyre looking for the video editor, and they cant find it, the're gonna start asking what steps they did wrong to flash it
    I may check this out, but I'm definitely gonna drop a TY bomb for you. I appreciate what you do for the community!

Is this your first ROM?
    for the general public, yes, i've been making them for myself and a few for the rookie team, i thought i just wanted to breakout and get some feedback, i like roms light and wanted to see if i was the only one