Thanks Meter: 135

By cdljl2005, Senior Member on 21st August 2012, 05:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2014, 03:41 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,560

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3c

None of those works (anymore?), so best is to resize, or add pictures as attachments. However for the signature, no options except resizing.

Yeah -.- they do not Work anymore....
and here i looked forward to upload .svg images, and then resize them small enough. for a nice display -.-
don't really feel like creating small thumbnails and upload big pictures and link them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haldi4803 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Haldi4803 Ad-Free
16th November 2014, 03:07 PM |#12  
de
Thanks Meter: 894

More
Is it possible to link images pixel exact (1:1)? Whenever i post a picture with IMG tags its resized/enlarged by the forum. A fullhd screenshot is way larger on the screen of a fullhd display.
NOOK!E
16th November 2014, 03:35 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualJoe

Is it possible to link images pixel exact (1:1)? Whenever i post a picture with IMG tags its resized/enlarged by the forum. A fullhd screenshot is way larger on the screen of a fullhd display.

This is a recurring bug here on XDA right now, and there is currently no way around it (except for just posting a URL that takes you to the image). The XDA devs are working on it.

16th November 2014, 09:23 PM |#14  
de
Thanks Meter: 894

More
Embedding bitmaps into svg seems to work (thx Haldi4803). Not sure if this canvas size of 300x150 can be fixed though.
Code:
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
<image width="150" height="55" xlink:href="http://www.google.com/images/errors/logo_sm_2.png" />
</svg>
Edit: No, forget it. Doesn't work either. On my phone with CM11 browser its still scaled to "web size".
Its not a bug though. For most pics, avatars and such this is needed and mandatory for high ppi devices but for some cases an exception would be nice. Something like an [img2]https://img.xda-cdn.com/O2MOTTI9aGFgdvBDkHfS3_5bs68=/%3A%2F%2Ftagorsomething.%3Cbr%2F%3E_%3Cbr%2F%3E_%5BIMG%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fcdn.mediacru.sh%2FlanNPHF2tyTK.svg[/IMG]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DualJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DualJoe Ad-Free
13th June 2017, 02:52 PM |#15  
Flag Sanford, ME
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but I'm looking to do this, and all of my attempts aren't working. Is there a way to do this?
29th January 2018, 08:02 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 683

More
I just recently fell victim to this as well. Wish there was an easy way to Resize Images (possibly by percent)
15th February 2018, 04:20 PM |#17  
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdljl2005

Hi all, I just want to resize the display size of my uploaded images in xda, what is the BB code? I googled and tried several, but none work.
Please help and thanks!

I do not want to promote a particular website, but i found one for myself to host my images.

You can navigate to cloudinary where you will get option to upload images using image link. upload it there so there's no need to download on your device and then you also can use simple codes to resize to whatever resolution you want to. For that I can help you later on, if you would like to try it out. Its pretty easy. you can even do that without my help i know.

But, if you need my help, you'll get my support.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupifier

I just recently fell victim to this as well. Wish there was an easy way to Resize Images (possibly by percent)

The same goes for you make. You can also try this website. It's quick and easy.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupifier

The same goes for you mate. You can also try this website. It's quick and easy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Rookie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr.Rookie Ad-Free
24th February 2018, 06:06 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
https://postimg.org is an option as it allows links to thumbnails
5th February 2020, 11:40 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Rookie

I do not want to promote a particular website, but i found one for myself to host my images.

You can navigate to cloudinary where you will get option to upload images using image link. upload it there so there's no need to download on your device and then you also can use simple codes to resize to whatever resolution you want to. For that I can help you later on, if you would like to try it out. Its pretty easy. you can even do that without my help i know.

But, if you need my help, you'll get my support.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

The same goes for you make. You can also try this website. It's quick and easy.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

The same goes for you mate. You can also try this website. It's quick and easy.

Hey m8 I'm trynna resize some images and I don't see an option to save the resized images so I can get a link or download or something.
I think it's easier to use pxlr online editor and download the result after resizing with ctrl+t.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
how to resize images when posting, resize image

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)