Official Indian HTC One X Owner's Thread - views, reviews and more!!

Search This thread
U

umeshunnithan

Relax your battery will be just fine. In the worst case the battery stats may be corrupted. However, if you are getting good back up then everything is fine.

However if not, you might wanna do the following:

1. go to settings->power->fastboot and disable fastboot
2. Restart your phone
3. Once the phone boots up, hold down the power button for 10 seconds to shutdown the phone.
4. Get into the stock recovery by pressing power+vol down while booting
5. In recovery, clear cache and do a factory reset.
6. Follow the charge-discharge cycle as mentioned in an earlier post.

Good to know.... Actually I feel that when using 3g, the battery is not as good as before so i think I will do what you said and see how it goes...

U

umeshunnithan

Friends i want to buy HOX mobile. i am from chennai. what is the current best price? anyone please tell good deal from chennai. waiting...

I got the One X from Univercell in Chennai for 36k. But I think Poorvika and Sangeetha will give a better offer. "If" you are lucky you might get it for 34k..:D

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I have tried it almost a 100 times now. But everytime I try to open Tegra Zone, it says you need wireless connectivity even though I am connected to WiFi.

Anybody else has this issue? Is there any fix for this? :mad:

devvfata1ity

Mar 1, 2011
Gurgaon
I got the One X from Univercell in Chennai for 36k. But I think Poorvika and Sangeetha will give a better offer. "If" you are lucky you might get it for 34k..:D

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I have tried it almost a 100 times now. But everytime I try to open Tegra Zone, it says you need wireless connectivity even though I am connected to WiFi.

Anybody else has this issue? Is there any fix for this? :mad:

Tegra Zone is not available in india.

U

umeshunnithan

Screen Ripple Issue?

Who here has the screen ripple issue? Please try it out in your phones with a dark background and let me know. It seems, if it is happening even when light pressure is applied, then it is a defect and they must replace it. I am not sure about my phone.... I mean when I apply little pressure then I can see the ripples but not very badly....

watch?v=1DmLNSiNT24 (attach after youtube.com/)

Damn, after seeing the problems, I feel I should have just gone for the S3... Please let me know if this is a serious issue.... :confused:

Does unlocking the bootloader and flashing CWM erase the user data?
I would not want to lose all my apps by doing this!:confused:

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Who here has the screen ripple issue? Please try it out in your phones with a dark background and let me know. It seems, if it is happening even when light pressure is applied, then it is a defect and they must replace it. I am not sure about my phone.... I mean when I apply little pressure then I can see the ripples but not very badly....

watch?v=1DmLNSiNT24 (attach after youtube.com/)

Damn, after seeing the problems, I feel I should have just gone for the S3... Please let me know if this is a serious issue.... :confused:

I do have a little bit of screen ripple if i press the left side of the screen not on the right!

But even in the left i had to apply some pressure to get that ripple!:confused:

J

JuMp1nGJaCkFla$H

Hey guys... did any of you try getting HOX for 32.6K from NGPAY? with their 10% off coupon? :confused::)

forumhookersdotcom

Apr 22, 2012

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

I do have a little bit of screen ripple if i press the left side of the screen not on the right!

No it wont!!!!

Electrostatic King

Oct 30, 2011

Unlocking bootloader will lead to a factory reset.

bushu16

Mar 20, 2008
Bombay

The very first day I got my phone I observed ripple on the LHS corner and RHS top corner right below front camera. I believe it was after hard press but then I thought it is normal for LCD screens so didn't bother much. After reading this post I again pressed and am presssing really hard now and I hardly observe ripple :D

pyroblazer

Oct 13, 2010
Ahmedabad
Hey guys... i come from the wildfire
i bought HOX on the 6th of this month and after lot of surfing nd studying everything
i came to a decision that I wait for an alternative way to S-Off
Bt I'm growing impatient!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
I had rooted(Soft root) my wildfire since day one..;):cool::D

my main question is : What are the chances/odds that HTC's service centre ppl will findout that my phone is s-offed?? or Rooted?? Coz my wildfire had hanging issues and i had given my phone to HTC nearly 6-7 times.. except for once everytime i had a custom rom on it.. but the bootloader was locked..
but they never "caught" me..

Coz I got my phone from The Mobile Store For 35750/- + 300 (1 year extended warranty)+200 (Theft insurance)

so if HTC detects that i have S-Off'ed / rooted my phone.. ill loose all my warranty.. and i dont think i can risk it on such a costly phone(I'm the 1st one in my family to buy such an expensive phone), so ya, its kinda a big deal for me

I want your opinions on the Service Centers.. nd the employees... anyone had experiences like mine??

devvfata1ity

Mar 1, 2011
Gurgaon
Everybody please join this group on facebook.It's a group for all the Indian owners of HOX

https://www.facebook.com/groups/416796165020944/

request to join sent. plz approve

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

i bought HOX on the 6th of this month and after lot of surfing nd studying everything

my main question is : What are the chances/odds that HTC's service centre ppl will findout that my phone is s-offed?? or Rooted?? Coz my wildfire had hanging issues and i had given my phone to HTC nearly 6-7 times.. except for once everytime i had a custom rom on it.. but the bootloader was locked..

Coz I got my phone from The Mobile Store For 35750/- + 300 (1 year extended warranty)+200 (Theft insurance)

so if HTC detects that i have S-Off'ed / rooted my phone.. ill loose all my warranty.. and i dont think i can risk it on such a costly phone(I'm the 1st one in my family to buy such an expensive phone), so ya, its kinda a big deal for me

I want your opinions on the Service Centers.. nd the employees... anyone had experiences like mine??

The service center folks are bunch of numbskulls. They have no idea about rooting. Basically even if you root but have a genuine hardware defect, the service center will replace the part under warranty. Basically they check two things to determine the handset is under warranty or not - 1) Whats the product no (coz every country has certain range of product no series, and if the sc finds that the product no is out of place they wont honor the warranty)
2) Signs of physical damage

so yeah you can root and have your warranty also coz this is India.

I got my first hox replaced under DOA and it was rooted. Although I relocked the bootloader before submitting to the sc just to be safe.

Reactions: shri080

jits1988

Apr 21, 2012
Thiruvananthapuram
Recently, I purchased a Bluetooth headset (Jabra)..
During calls, I am hearing grainy sounds when I keep the phone in the pocket and speak using the headset.. my WiFi does not seem to have any problem.. not getting disconnected or anything..
2 months since I bought the phone.. will it be replaced by the service centre bcoz of this issue..?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

saranyan

Jul 18, 2011
Chennai

Indian service centers dont care whether you have rooted or not. As long as you put the stock rom back before giving it to them i really dont think it matters.

I also had to return my first HOX due to screen flexing issues. They dint even check the software or bootloader etcc.. They just inspected the hardware and they gave me the DOA.

aLcHy09

Jun 11, 2012
Wichita
Indian service centers dont care whether you have rooted or not. As long as you put the stock rom back before giving it to them i really dont think it matters.

I also had to return my first HOX due to screen flexing issues. They dint even check the software or bootloader etcc.. They just inspected the hardware and they gave me the DOA.

Hi,

Can you tell me how to check for the screen flexing issue??? And if you are talking about the RIPPLE issue then how much pressure should you apply, like when I apply little pressure there is some ripple effect so I am not sure whether this is a defect.

However, in some other post Hamdir (another person who has had the One X for over a month) told that initially he had that issue, but now there is no issue.. Its just that the glue takes time to settle... Hope this helps others...

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Recently, I purchased a Bluetooth headset (Jabra)..
During calls, I am hearing grainy sounds when I keep the phone in the pocket and speak using the headset.. my WiFi does not seem to have any problem.. not getting disconnected or anything..
2 months since I bought the phone.. will it be replaced by the service centre bcoz of this issue..?

I don't think this is an issue with the phone... It sounds more like an issue with your Headset... Have you tried the same thing with the earphones they gave you with the phone... If the issue is still there then you can give it to them and have it checked out....

Hope this helps! :cool:

NEW IN TOWN!! :D

saranyan

Jul 18, 2011
Chennai
Hi,

Can you tell me how to check for the screen flexing issue??? And if you are talking about the RIPPLE issue then how much pressure should you apply, like when I apply little pressure there is some ripple effect so I am not sure whether this is a defect.

However, in some other post Hamdir (another person who has had the One X for over a month) told that initially he had that issue, but now there is no issue.. Its just that the glue takes time to settle... Hope this helps others...

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

I don't think this is an issue with the phone... It sounds more like an issue with your Headset... Have you tried the same thing with the earphones they gave you with the phone... If the issue is still there then you can give it to them and have it checked out....

Hope this helps! :cool:

NEW IN TOWN!! :D

I had the screen flex issue not the ripple. The top right hand corner of the screen was loose, Gave a creaking noise whenever i pressed it.

jits1988

Apr 21, 2012
Thiruvananthapuram
It's not coz of the headset.. I tried it with my friend's xperia mini pro.. worked fine.. no cracking of voice or grainy sound..

Many have posted here of Bluetooth and WiFi hardware issues.. am jst wondering if its coz of tht..

saranyan

Jul 18, 2011
Chennai
It's not coz of the headset.. I tried it with my friend's xperia mini pro.. worked fine.. no cracking of voice or grainy sound..

Many have posted here of Bluetooth and WiFi hardware issues.. am jst wondering if its coz of tht..

Did you try with another One X?

Take it to the service center and explain the issue to them... They'll have a spare One X lying around and you can get it tested there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I m from Argentina and I say too...
    Happy Diwali day mates.

SkyDragon Sense Rom V1
    Happy Diwali to my Indian friends :)
    On a serious note, i had a chat with one of my frnds who is a htc rep, and he told.me the update is now being tested for local language support and might be out by next week.. hopefully :)
    Guys upgraded my wife's S3 to JB about 2 days ago. Take my word its not upto all the hype. I was struggling to find what was really new and what has changed. Could figure out three useful features
    a) Google now
    b) Voice search
    c)two finger gesture.
    I feel all three features are something you can live wihout.
    After using the phone for about 24 hours the performance has just gone off the cliff. Its lagging heavily and is pretty much unusable. I have done a factory reset now. Hoping it will not degrade as earlier

Take it from me that our HOX running 4.0.4 is light years ahead of the S3 running JB. I have personally experienced it. so just relax and enjoy your phone. The update will come just as all the previous updates have come.
    "Due to the cost-cutting measures and to make sure everyone gets the update, we will release the JB OTA on 22-12-12 to the people who are still alive after the apocalypse." Official quote from HTC