[BOOT] Boot Up With Some Class (New Version + 8 Variations)

Search This thread

brokenchains

Feb 18, 2012
Reactions: mrka and Gr8Jeepin

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011
Could you possibly make a flashable zip

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011
Never have tried but will now thank you

brokenchains

Feb 18, 2012
Sorry for the absence, been busy with work (I'm in retail and it's back to school season) and partying! I've got a new version that I'll be uploading that comes in 8 flavors including the original HTC green and an ICS blue. The OP will be updated when I finish each color, I just need to package them all up. I'll keep the current (.5) version available in case anyone still wants it.

Keep those eyes open...

EDIT: OP updated for wicked cool new version.

Also..

So sxc. Could you perhaps make a version with htc font similarly colored to ICS? :good:

Wish granted.

I will say I usually change boot anims as much as I change my underwear but this one I just can't get rid of. Any chance we could get you to make it loop?

Wish.. granted. Ink itself doesn't really have a way to loop smoothly and if it doesn't look good it's not comin' out the pipes. But the new version loops!

Last edited:

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
Sorry for the absence, been busy with work (I'm in retail and it's back to school season) and partying! I've got a new version that I'll be uploading that comes in 8 flavors including the original HTC green and an ICS blue. The OP will be updated when I finish each color, I just need to package them all up. I'll keep the current (.5) version available in case anyone still wants it.

Keep those eyes open...

Also..

Wish granted.

Wish.. granted. Ink itself doesn't really have a way to loop smoothly and if it doesn't look good it's not comin' out the pipes. But the new version loops!

Nice, the ICS version looks really good. Well done.

Reactions: brokenchains

ZR2Noma

Mar 29, 2011
Do I need to make a copy of the original boot animation zip somewhere and name it bootanimation.zip.bak? Because under system/media it won't let me rename it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was in the creative mood and decided I wanted a boot animation with some style. My phone looks sexy booting up with this bad boy, so I hope it beefs up your Inc 2 as well. The full looping here is simply for presentation purposes. While the phone is actually booting, the spinner will spin infinitely until your ROM gets started up. Check the attachments for previews of all the colored versions.

I also made an Incredible S variant of this boot animation.

Let me know what you think!

bootpreview.gif

Requirements
    You just need root access to replace the stock bootanimation.zip with the download (whichever color you choose) here.

Instructions
    1. Find your stock bootanimation.zip file. The location depends on the ROM but on AOSP this is usually "/system/media". On Sense it will normally be found in "/system/customize/resource". If it isn't in either, check "/data/local".

2. Rename the stock file to bootanimation.zip.bak (so you can revert if necessary) or simply overwrite it with the file downloaded from here.

aefef481-d360-3970.jpg

3. Check the permissions of the new file. They should be set to ”rw-r--r--" as seen in this image.

aefef481-d305-b58a.jpg

4. Should be it. Reboot to see the magic happen.

Sense Bootscreen Changer
    If you have issues changing the bootscreen on a Sense ROM or just want it done easily, try this app by vsaravind007. I haven't tested it myself but it may work for you.

Downloads

v.8

v.5
    .5 (Initial)

Credit for the ink used for the animation goes to Footage Firm.
    Thanks to Triscuit and gtdtm for reminding me about the permissions :)

Keep those eyes open...

Also..

So sxc. Could you perhaps make a version with htc font similarly colored to ICS? :good:

Wish granted.

I will say I usually change boot anims as much as I change my underwear but this one I just can't get rid of. Any chance we could get you to make it loop?

Thanks again all. FYI I added mirror dl's for all the new versions because sometimes I hate dropbox. Peace :)
    Wow I like how much people like your boot my dude, :)

follow me on Twitter.com/pprice520

Yea I'm a fan. I didn't expect such a great reception but it's nice to see! I will definitely be creating more boots in the future.
    4cb31d6e-2a63-6880.jpg

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

That's really weird man. I'm running the same rom, and did it the same way. I would try re- downloading and re-copying... If you haven't already. Permissions? I am rw-r-r.

aee88460-3624-3697.jpg