[LIST] Patches you can add to Kitkat ROMs

Search This thread

vsvipul555

This thread involves all the the things you can add to your Kitkat ROM. Note that the following patches are only for Kikat ROMs based on the Discovery ROM and not for other Kitkat roms like CM11 -

1. Modem.img
For user facing problems in catching 2G Signals on their phones, this is the fix.
The most easiest way is to download the new ZIP modem.img and flash it directly through recovery !!! If after flashing this patch, you still can't get 2G signals, then delete all files in device/data/nvram using a root file manager and then reboot.
OR
If you have the modem.img file from CM11, then open your ROM in winrar. Navigate to system/etc/firmware/ and find a file named modem_1_3g_n.img. Replace this file with the downloaded modem.img file and rename it as modem_1_3g_n.img. Now flash this rom again !
OR
Just manually replace modem.img in system/etc/firmware/ in your Root File Manager, then set right permissions. Then delete all files in device/data/nvram and then reboot.

2. Blue Dialer
The Kitkat ROM comes with a boring white and grey colored dialer. Replace it with the one in Kitkat Phones by downloading this apk and replacing it with the stock one under system/priv-app with a Root File Manager, then set right permissions and reboot.

3. New Kernel - 18.11.2014
If you haven't flashed the new kernel already, then do it now. It improves performance (as seen in Antutu scores).

4. Camera Patch
People who have A116i model of Canvas HD still don't have a fix (because A116i has a different Camera module). Other A116 users can flash these patches to fix the blue cam problem, change resolution from 8 mp to 13 mp, and to change the erratic timing of flashlight. These are 2 patches in total. First flash the 10 mb patch and then the 13mpbluecamfix patch.

5. SD-Card Read/Write Error Fix
"Google imposed new restrictions in Android 4.4 update. Data can only be read and not written so some of the file explorers may not work. You will not be able to delete any data present on your internal memory through the phones file manager."
To fix this problem, flash this patch.

6. SuperSU
The Discovery ROM comes with Superuser instead of SuperSU. One problem with Superuser is that while asking to grant to root permissions for an app, it occupies the whole screen. Also, SuperSU offers more functionality than Superuser. First remove Superuser by using Titanium Backup and then flash this patch to get SuperSU.

7. Space Partition
This thing requires more hardwork than any other patch i've already mentioned. You can increase your Phone Storage to install more apps. Refer to this thread to know more-
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2296230

DOWNLOAD Links are in the 2nd post.

Please hit the Thanks button if i helped you in any way.. !!

Last edited:

Rb03

Sep 11, 2014
Mumbai
I can't use the front camera after flashing the bluecam patch. After flashing cam patch again it becomes usable

GroovyG

Jan 18, 2011
Dude, that won't help. It's like not flashing the blue patch at all, because all the libs will be overwritten anyway...

neojacks2

Jan 16, 2014

Hey after using the blue dialer apk my dialer looks like this. Is it the way it should look? there is still grey and white other than the keypad :confused:

Last edited:

Dricera

Oct 29, 2012
Redmi Note 8 Pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-06-09-51-34.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-06-09-51-34.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 422
Reactions: shylesh005

lovelynavo

Mar 16, 2015
Can not replce

Hey after using the blue dialer apk my dialer looks like this. Is it the way it should look? there is still grey and white other than the keypad :confused:

I can not replcae dialer, it says replace failed. Can any one please provide me the alternate solution i.e. app flashable via recovery.

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

http://d-h.st/H5jJ
file does not exists, can u please reupload

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread involves all the the things you can add to your Kitkat ROM. Note that the following patches are only for Kikat ROMs based on the Discovery ROM and not for other Kitkat roms like CM11 -

1. Modem.img
    For user facing problems in catching 2G Signals on their phones, this is the fix.
    The most easiest way is to download the new ZIP modem.img and flash it directly through recovery !!! If after flashing this patch, you still can't get 2G signals, then delete all files in device/data/nvram using a root file manager and then reboot.
    OR
    If you have the modem.img file from CM11, then open your ROM in winrar. Navigate to system/etc/firmware/ and find a file named modem_1_3g_n.img. Replace this file with the downloaded modem.img file and rename it as modem_1_3g_n.img. Now flash this rom again !
    OR
    Just manually replace modem.img in system/etc/firmware/ in your Root File Manager, then set right permissions. Then delete all files in device/data/nvram and then reboot.

2. Blue Dialer
    The Kitkat ROM comes with a boring white and grey colored dialer. Replace it with the one in Kitkat Phones by downloading this apk and replacing it with the stock one under system/priv-app with a Root File Manager, then set right permissions and reboot.

3. New Kernel - 18.11.2014
    If you haven't flashed the new kernel already, then do it now. It improves performance (as seen in Antutu scores).

4. Camera Patch
    People who have A116i model of Canvas HD still don't have a fix (because A116i has a different Camera module). Other A116 users can flash these patches to fix the blue cam problem, change resolution from 8 mp to 13 mp, and to change the erratic timing of flashlight. These are 2 patches in total. First flash the 10 mb patch and then the 13mpbluecamfix patch.

"Google imposed new restrictions in Android 4.4 update. Data can only be read and not written so some of the file explorers may not work. You will not be able to delete any data present on your internal memory through the phones file manager."
    To fix this problem, flash this patch.

6. SuperSU
    The Discovery ROM comes with Superuser instead of SuperSU. One problem with Superuser is that while asking to grant to root permissions for an app, it occupies the whole screen. Also, SuperSU offers more functionality than Superuser. First remove Superuser by using Titanium Backup and then flash this patch to get SuperSU.

7. Space Partition
    This thing requires more hardwork than any other patch i've already mentioned. You can increase your Phone Storage to install more apps. Refer to this thread to know more-
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2296230

DOWNLOAD Links are in the 2nd post.

Please hit the Thanks button if i helped you in any way.. !!
    New cam patch

Can you please add the 16mp cam patch from this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/micromax-a116/development/xperia-z3-rom-a116-a919i-performance-t3034488/page8
    to the cam patches list? I've flashed it and it works!
    Thank you :)