FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[INFO] US Retail Availability (for Updates on Preorders and Purchasing)

102 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By tineras, Senior Member on 21st April 2011, 08:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd April 2011, 02:58 AM |#111  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 6,535

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tineras

What carrier is that? Fedex?

+1.. I honestly think I'm just going to wait for the samsung. thinner, and lighter..

22nd April 2011, 02:59 AM |#112  
Flag Fall River, MA
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Kind of glad I missed the Newegg thing. It probably wouldn't get here till next Friday since I live in new england lol. I'll be happy to grab it from Amazon 1 day air with prime.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
22nd April 2011, 03:01 AM |#113  
Flag Fall River, MA
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

+1.. I honestly think I'm just going to wait for the samsung. thinner, and lighter..

Posting this from a Samsung... I might avoid that option. Delayed upgrades and touchwiz....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
22nd April 2011, 03:01 AM |#114  
Flag Northern NJ
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike6200

I wish there was a way to set an alarm for this. Oh well good night. Hope I don't miss another one.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous now with being glued to screen and refreshing various tabs to see if someone puts it up. I want to go into cryogenic sleep until Tuesday, like Cartman did for the Wii!

If this is due out next Tuesday, that means most e-tailors would have to make them available by tomorrow or saturday latest I assume? I can't believe Amazon hasn't put up preorders by now?!

On the otherhand, RIM must be kicking themselves for not being able to create this kind of a buzz and excitement about the playbook - and to top it off with virtually no marketing or advertising on Asus's part!
22nd April 2011, 03:04 AM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtek

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous now with being glued to screen and refreshing various tabs to see if someone puts it up. I want to go into cryogenic sleep until Tuesday, like Cartman did for the Wii!

If this is due out next Tuesday, that means most e-tailors would have to make them available by tomorrow or saturday latest I assume? I can't believe Amazon hasn't put up preorders by now?!

On the otherhand, RIM must be kicking themselves for not being able to create this kind of a buzz and excitement about the playbook - and to top it off with virtually no marketing or advertising on Asus's part!

Agreed, and qft!
22nd April 2011, 03:10 AM |#116  
Flag Santa Clara
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtek

They had the best advertising IMO. They kicked it off with a controversial add where Best Buy dissed a product that they already carry (ipad2). Talk about shooting self in foot...Then the ad gets pulled, thus drawing a lot more attention to it. Then Apple steps in a few days later (rumored) to block ipad sales at best buy.
22nd April 2011, 03:11 AM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Do online retailers normally make them available early to account for shipping?

Sent from my htc EVO using XDA App
22nd April 2011, 03:22 AM |#118  
Flag Warren, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Anyone work at Best Buy or knows someone at Best Buy that can look up the SKU to get some more info
22nd April 2011, 03:26 AM |#119  
Flag Northern NJ
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastycakess

I'm not sure on items like this? but I was thinking that for video games they usually do and have it delivered on the release date - at least Amazon does.
22nd April 2011, 03:31 AM |#120  
Flag Costa Mesa, CA
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastycakess

I've seen Amazon do preorders before on non video game items, it doesn't happen that often though.
22nd April 2011, 04:00 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Kind of a stupid question, I saw an article on androidcentral listing the various retail stores that would carry the transformer, most of the were websites including bestbuy.com . Will they be available in store too?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
asus, eee pad, epicthread, fml, hoarding, omfgimgonnadiew/omyasus, purchasing, tf101, tf101-a1, tf101-b1, transformer, transformer/=life/death

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)