[RECOVERY][4/27/2012] CWM thor 1.7c for A510

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Euclid's Brother

May 3, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.interphaze.com
Here's an updated version from my earlier patch of thor's 1.7 recovery for the A510. This one has the proper mapping for the data partition (mmcblk0p10). I set the version number as 1.7b.

To recap:
Thor's 1.7 cwm recovery repacked with A510 stock kernel. itsmagic is disabled. overclocking does not work, since it's a stock kernel.

This is exactly the same as the one I repacked for the A200, but with the A510 stock recovery kernel and edited the kernel string to show when it boots. And also changed the fstab for /data to use mmcblk0p10.

You MUST unlock your bootloader before flashing this.

You can rename it to recovery.img and put it on your microsd card and use Acer Recovery Installer to flash it. Or you can use the following command in a terminal emulator or adb shell.
Code:
dd if=thor_recovery17b_A510.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1

Give it a try and see if it works.

***Link Removed***

Cheers!

WARNING: If you downloaded the link I posted earlier that has MD5 of 1ded94b4b4f0522ca14b7070146d9a49, DO NOT USE IT! Download 1.7b above instead.

Edit: Updated to 1.7c to fix some mounting issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf20003

May 24, 2009
You MUST unlock your bootloader before flashing this.

please tell me how unlock A510.
thank you

Euclid's Brother

May 3, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.interphaze.com
Updated OP with new image to fix some reported mounting issues. Please give this a try. Also remember, that I do not have this device, so I rely on you guys to let me know what doesn't work. So far, the only feedback i've gotten is from NoThrills (Thanks buddy).

NoThrills

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 14, 2008
Updated OP with new image to fix some reported mounting issues. Please give this a try. Also remember, that I do not have this device, so I rely on you guys to let me know what doesn't work. So far, the only feedback i've gotten is from NoThrills (Thanks buddy).

LOL... And there I was fixing it myself this afternoon :) I think we both noticed that 1 line that was missing in the fstab ;)

Euclid's Brother

May 3, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.interphaze.com
After changing tab to use the named devices like the stock recovery, it seemed like it was having even more trouble, so I reverted back to the original fstab and just changed data to mmcblk0p10.

Is it working okay now?

BENETNATH

Jan 7, 2011
recovery successfully installed.

and now? what is the next step ;-)
how to help people from there to go further in rom cooking and all that stuff ?

anyway, thanks a lot euclid's brother,

Aaron Camp

Dec 2, 2009
I thought this version of thors recovery was not GPL compliant. If it is not be careful, the angry hordes will decend on this thread and you will get banned. Even mentioning of the name of thor is enough to cause you grief.....oh wait, its recovery, not his rom, so those who have a bone to pick turn a blind eye...carry on.

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
If this is based on the work of a banned developer then I'm afraid we do not wish for it to be posted here.

I'd suggest taking an alternative recovery to amend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts