[Q] HTC One S stopped working. Help

Search This thread

dwa789

May 8, 2014
I have a HTC One S cell phone that stopped working after I did a software update from the settings menu. The phone has no service (not able to connect to the network). My service provider is Wind mobile. They tried a "hard reset" or factory data reset this did not solve the problem. Then I had a technician replace the firmware and downgrade to an earlier version of software. This got the phone to work. I was able to make one call. However I was unable to pickup wifi. I tried to turn on wifi in the setting menu and then the phone stopped working again. I have tried talking to HTC customer service but they have not been able (or willing) to help.

HTC One S
model Z520m, Android

HBOOT- 2.15.0000
RADIO - 1.11.50.05.28
Open DSP - v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMC - boot

device: ville
build id: JR003C
SDK version: 16
Release: 4.1.1
Incremental version: 133955.7

Does anyone know how to fix this phone?
I suspect that either the firmware installed incorrectly or is the wrong version for the phone.
Does anyone know where to get the correct version of the firmware?

Thank You,
Greg

Last edited:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I have a HTC One S cell phone that stopped working after I did a software update from the settings menu. The phone has no service (not able to connect to the network). My service provider is Wind mobile. They tried a "hard reset" or factory data reset this did not solve the problem. Then I had a technician replace the firmware and downgrade to an earlier version of software. This got the phone to work. I was able to make one call. However I was unable to pickup wifi. I tried to turn on wifi in the setting menu and then the phone stopped working again. I have tried talking to HTC customer service but they have not been able (or willing) to help.

HTC One S
model Z520m, Android

HBOOT- 2.15.0000
RADIO - 1.11.50.05.28
eMMC - boot

I suspect that either the firmware installed incorrectly or is the wrong version for the phone.

Thank You,
Greg

Connect phone in fastboot mode to your computer, open CMD commandline and type "fastboot getvat all". You will get a log.Delete your IMEI / serial from the log and post it here :) (The LOG not the IMEI...)

Reactions: jajb

dwa789

May 8, 2014
Connect phone in fastboot mode to your computer, open CMD commandline and type "fastboot getvat all". You will get a log.Delete your IMEI / serial from the log and post it here :) (The LOG not the IMEI...)

bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.15.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.11.50.05.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.16.1500.7
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) product: vle
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8960
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4011000
(bootloader) cidnum: GLOBA001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4106mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-64bedd38
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Last edited:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I'll get the link for the matching RUU file for you :)

There is no matching RUU :( OTA update is avaiable. Are you familiar with using fastboot commands? DOWNLOAD the OTA. Extract the included firmware.zip and flash it via fastboot. If it works --> good. If not you'll have to change your CID to install a RUU for unbraded versions of the phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: jajb and dwa789

dwa789

May 8, 2014
Thanks for locating the OTA update. I am not familiar with using fastboot commands. Can you link me to a guide or post that explains the procedure.

Thank You,

Greg

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Thanks for locating the OTA update. I am not familiar with using fastboot commands. Can you link me to a guide or post that explains the procedure.

Thank You,

Greg

Download ADB/fastboot, uninstall HTC Sync. Connect your phone in fastboot mode, open CMD commandline an type:

"fastboot oem rebootRUU"

"fastboot flash zip firmware.zip"

"fastboot flash zip firmware.zip" (AGAIN!)

"fastboot reboot-bootloader"

Then reboot the phone to check if android is running :)

Reactions: jajb

dwa789

May 8, 2014
I followed the steps you provided and the firmware loaded fine and Android is also running. However the phone is still not working properly. The phone was randomly switching between "no service" for several minutes and then to WIND away (roaming) and then to 4G with varying signal strength. I was able to make a brief call while the phone was in 4G mode. Now the phone seems to be stuck with "no service" again. Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Thanks

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I followed the steps you provided and the firmware loaded fine and Android is also running. However the phone is still not working properly. The phone was randomly switching between "no service" for several minutes and then to WIND away (roaming) and then to 4G with varying signal strength. I was able to make a brief call while the phone was in 4G mode. Now the phone seems to be stuck with "no service" again. Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Thanks

Yes :) You will need to install a FULL system e.g. RUU. The firmware contains all basic partitions of your phone BUT not System, data ... If you tried instaling a OTA update and it failed --> You need a CLEAN installation.

dwa789

May 8, 2014
You can't. As least you can't do it by the ormal way, as there is NO stock RUU package available for your phone. You can Unlock the bootloader, set it S-OFF, then you're able to install unbranded or custom software.

I hate to ask any more questions because you have been so helpful in answering all my questions but I would really like to get my phone working again.

How do I go about Unlocking the bootloader, setting it to S-OFF and then installing unbranded software? Also where do I get unbranded software that will work with my phone?

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I hate to ask any more questions because you have been so helpful in answering all my questions but I would really like to get my phone working again.

How do I go about Unlocking the bootloader, setting it to S-OFF and then installing unbranded software? Also where do I get unbranded software that will work with my phone?

How about you get Teamviever and i'll set up the phone for you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll get the link for the matching RUU file for you :)

There is no matching RUU :( OTA update is avaiable. Are you familiar with using fastboot commands? DOWNLOAD the OTA. Extract the included firmware.zip and flash it via fastboot. If it works --> good. If not you'll have to change your CID to install a RUU for unbraded versions of the phone.

HTC One S
    model Z520m, Android

HBOOT- 2.15.0000
    RADIO - 1.11.50.05.28
    eMMC - boot

Thank You,
    Greg

Thank You,

Greg

Download ADB/fastboot, uninstall HTC Sync. Connect your phone in fastboot mode, open CMD commandline an type:

"fastboot oem rebootRUU"

"fastboot flash zip firmware.zip"

"fastboot flash zip firmware.zip" (AGAIN!)

"fastboot reboot-bootloader"

Then reboot the phone to check if android is running :)