[rom][8/1] paranoidandroid 3.91 | 4.3

Should Paranoid Android change to an AOSP base.

• Yes, AOSP base with a few features from cm

Votes: 277 63.2%
  • NO, stick with a cm base(current base)

Votes: 161 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aaronpoweruser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2007
earth

kernel source

FEATURES for 3.0+,

• Hybrid engine,
    Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
    Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
    Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
    Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
    You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
    Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
    Theming Engine
    Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
    Multiuser support
    Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
    4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
    As we merge back our old CMPA feature catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks
    New holo-styled theme chooser
    T9 dialer
    New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
to molesarecoming
to D4rKn3sSyS
to jaybob413
to aaronpoweruser

Last edited:

aaronpoweruser

Jul 19, 2007
earth

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

shots_12pk0x.png

BE WARNED, 4.2.0 is not the most bugless android, the issues are known.

INSTRUCTIONS,
1. UPDATE RECOVERY
2. FACTORY RESET
3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS, FIX-IF ANY
4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
5. REBOOT
PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

Changelogs are on the paranoid andorid google+ page

Know bugs:
graphical glitch when using pie

CREDITS,
AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past, heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png

aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png

aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png

aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

Last edited:

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
what i need to make a running build is:

1. the value of ro.sf.density in system/build.prop
2. full screensize in pixels for width and length
3. the three treshold dpis to kick off phoneUI, phabletUI and tabletUI - PA is completely independent of this, its just for reference. you can calculate it by the formula i have given in the porting topic or just drop lower/higher dpis to find them yourself. if you calculate it, the three magic shortest-width-devicepixels are: 360 (phone), 600 (phablet) and 720 (phablet).
4. i need the full data that this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27583329&postcount=12 app spits out in all three modes. especially the screenheight and the screenlayout, that long number.

if its too complicated i'll ask around and find these values on my own but it would speed up the process considerably if any of you could do it.

thx alot!

1. 213
2. How can I get this info?
  • shortSizeDP < 600 = PhoneUI
  • 601<shortSizeDP < 719 = PhabletUI
  • shortSizeDP > 720
Source
4. with 213 DPI I get:
  • Height: 880 Width: 600 Layout: 268435475 Tablemode DPI Treshold: 213 < 321
With 601 DPI I get:
  • Height: 259 Width: 212 Layout: 17 Tablemode DPI Treshold: 213 < 285

I will keep updating as I get the info.
There must be something wrong because the screen size was almost useless. If anythign I think it shoudl be decreased from 213 to obtain table mode or something like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: sinamosavi

xastey

Mar 4, 2007
this goes out to all of you who would like help,
i can not imagine anything more proper than androids one and only true hybrid rom running on this device, especially since google somehow saw the need to declare it one big phone. as always, build.prop hacks suck and degrade the device so i'd really like to have it here.
problem is, i live in germany and it'll take some while until i can get my paws on it. but i thought --- i have made ports for nexus toro & toroplus and its an official aosp device, so why not just going ahead and making a build. but there's still something i need your help for and would be very obliged if you could lend me a hand, PA needs a couple of magic values to work and these must be extracted or calculated. if you would like to help out we could get a running build pretty quickly and this topic would evolve into the official PA/nexus7 build.

first, this is what the rom will bring to the table: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1717079 i guess you can easily see the benefits here, this is different than dropping your entire device into a fixed dpi and its different than hacking android.policy into displaying the dropup-notification box. it brings total freedom, scale any app/widget or systemcomponent you like, display any app/widget/syscomponent in whatever UI mode you prefer (phone, phable, tablet). this works individually on per-app basis.

second, for reference, heres a topic i made up for our porting friends: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1619582

what i need to make a running build is:

1. the value of ro.sf.density in system/build.prop
2. full screensize in pixels for width and length
3. the three treshold dpis to kick off phoneUI, phabletUI and tabletUI - PA is completely independent of this, its just for reference. you can calculate it by the formula i have given in the porting topic or just drop lower/higher dpis to find them yourself. if you calculate it, the three magic shortest-width-devicepixels are: 360 (phone), 600 (phablet) and 720 (phablet).
4. i need the full data that this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27583329&postcount=12 app spits out in all three modes. especially the screenheight and the screenlayout, that long number.

if its too complicated i'll ask around and find these values on my own but it would speed up the process considerably if any of you could do it.

thx alot!

As soon as my wife gets back with mines I'll get those values if anyone hasn't. On a side note.. I need to get the wife one so she can stop using mines lol

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
SGT7, and My Rom, have this information already in the settings, you can use that. If switches between tablet and phablet mode with a switch in the settings, if you want the treshhold it is mentioned in the android development section in a thread using a jar file in the framework.

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
SGT7, and My Rom, have this information already in the settings, you can use that. If switches between tablet and phablet mode with a switch in the settings, if you want the treshhold it is mentioned in the android development section in a thread using a jar file in the framework.
thx for the offer! i guess the infos coming in here will do though.
to explain myself,
pa is independent of dpi, the system will always run in the one that google chose. the treshold dpis are only good for the gui panel, we have sliders there which you use to scale apps. if you switch an app to tabUI or phoneUI, it is separate from the dpi you chose, you can get tabUI/phone/phabUI with dpi 1 or dpi 1000000. that also applys to the phone itself, tabUI means nothing else than dropping systemUI into that UI mode and still you can scale it. in essence, with PA theres no tablet mode anymore, its hybrid. each and every app runs in whatever scale and UI mode you individually give.

Last edited:

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
View attachment 1225923
That's at DPI 213 at work right now so can't really play with it atm

Screen size 1280x800

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

one down, two to go, thx man!

1. 213
2. How can I get this info?
  • shortSizeDP < 600 = PhoneUI
  • 601<shortSizeDP < 719 = PhabletUI
  • shortSizeDP > 720
Source
4. with 213 DPI I get:
  • Height: 880 Width: 600 Layout: 268435475 Tablemode DPI Treshold: 213 < 321
With 601 DPI I get:
  • Height: 259 Width: 212 Layout: 17 Tablemode DPI Treshold: 213 < 285

I will keep updating as I get the info.
There must be something wrong because the screen size was almost useless. If anythign I think it shoudl be decreased from 213 to obtain table mode or something like that.

suppose this thing has 1280x800, then 800 is the shortest side, then according to this formula: treshold_dpi = shortest-side-dp * 160 / 600
your dpi must be 213.
turns out it is, so we got phablet down,

so your treshold dpi for tabUI should be: 177-178 (800 * 160 / 720)
and for phone: 355-356 (800 * 160 / 360)

what i need you to do is boot into these dpis and comfirm your settings is either tab or phone, then start the app i linked (in portrait-view) an post the full values.
all im really looking for is the screensizes and the layout number, because as i wrote, changing dpi to get into any mode is out of style. :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

kernel source

FEATURES for 3.0+,

• Hybrid engine,
      Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
      Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
      Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
      Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
      You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
      Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
      Theming Engine
      Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
      Multiuser support
      Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
      4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
      As we merge back our old CMPA feature catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks
      New holo-styled theme chooser
      T9 dialer
      New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

PARANOIDANDROID 2.16 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode | Click and see

Just in case...

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

shots_12pk0x.png

BE WARNED, 4.2.0 is not the most bugless android, the issues are known.

INSTRUCTIONS,
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS, FIX-IF ANY
    4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    5. REBOOT
    PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

Changelogs are on the paranoid andorid google+ page

Know bugs:
    graphical glitch when using pie

CREDITS,
    AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past, heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png

aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png

aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png

aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

State of Paranoia 11/14/12

We have forked all the required repos, for a aosp based pa and are hard at work on getting pa 3.0 ready. I have a grouper repo set up and building! We are still a ways away from giving you the goodness you love, but we do have the following.

Multi-user support on phones!!!
    begings of a pa exclusive feature!!!!
    Power menu options.
    Hybrid rewrite-planed for this weekend.

Stay Paranoid,
    aaronpoweruser