4.2.2 rooted ME7 --> Kit Kat, how?

Search This thread

frizzlefey

Mar 2, 2008
use four to six pieces of tissue wadded up and wipe from front to back. looking at the tissue after each wipe is optional. :)

Jcratcliffe_

Jan 26, 2014
Aurora
What do you want to know.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Either factory reset or get rid of root. Don't know why you would not want root though...

Jraider44

Oct 6, 2013
Chapel Hill
Just find the no wipe me7 file in the Dev section of the threads (titled no wipe and full wipe files for me7) and flash via Odin. Detailed instructions are in the thread, but it's pretty simple. From there just take the over the air update.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pstgh

Mar 24, 2011
Personally I'd just stick with mk2 but if you really want Kit Kat here is the Odin files from our man Surge.. Make sure to thank him! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735172

So is there no good way to go from 4.2.2 ME7 rooted up to 4.4 on a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 ?

Also, while I have your attention for a moment, can someone please give me the current update on big red's attitude towards using your phone's hotspot without paying them extra? Have they now come around on that issue or no?

Thanks

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
So is there no good way to go from 4.2.2 ME7 rooted up to 4.4 on a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 ?

Also, while I have your attention for a moment, can someone please give me the current update on big red's attitude towards using your phone's hotspot without paying them extra? Have they now come around on that issue or no?

Thanks

Well if I were you is Odin up to MK2 and root and install SafeStrap if you want. There are methods on here to get to Kit Kat and keep root but in my opinion you just have more options on MK2 ( 4.3 ) but that's really up to you.

As far as hot spot I can't really help you there I don't use it. No unlimited data here. I use my girls Sprint S4 for that if needed.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Here's one method to upgrading to Kit Kat and keeping root. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726868

See if that's worth it to you and if it is then have at it!

pstgh

Mar 24, 2011
Can you elaborate a little? What is Odin? You take that to mk2 and then add root? ...and safestrap? What is Safestrap?
Thx

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Can you elaborate a little? What is Odin? You take that to mk2 and then add root? ...and safestrap? What is Safestrap?
Thx

Take a look here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49334432

A lot of great info for anyone just starting out. Odin is the program we use on a PC that flashes factory firmware among other things. In your case you could use Odin and the MK2 no wipe file to jump right up to MK2 and keep all your pics music and other files in tact.

Check that thread out first so your more comfortable with things.