Lost USB Connectivity

Search This thread

tcooper185

Nov 3, 2008
My Sprint Touch Diamond no longer connects with a PC via USB. It charges via USB without problem, but it doesn't connect for Activsync or file transfer.

2 questions:
1. I don't currently have the Sprint device insurance, but if I added it at $7/month, then filed the warranty issue, think it would get replaced?
2. I can still access my 4GB internal storage via Bluetooth. I have flashed my ROMs many times via USB, and was able to use the bootloader to reflash it back to the stock ROM that I had saved on my internal storage, in hopes that would fix my USB connectivity issues (it didn't). Do I dare flash my ROM again with a new one that I just copied over via Bluetooth?

Thanks in advance!
Tim

talontsi07

Feb 17, 2008
Calgary
My Sprint Touch Diamond no longer connects with a PC via USB. It charges via USB without problem, but it doesn't connect for Activsync or file transfer.

2 questions:
1. I don't currently have the Sprint device insurance, but if I added it at $7/month, then filed the warranty issue, think it would get replaced?
2. I can still access my 4GB internal storage via Bluetooth. I have flashed my ROMs many times via USB, and was able to use the bootloader to reflash it back to the stock ROM that I had saved on my internal storage, in hopes that would fix my USB connectivity issues (it didn't). Do I dare flash my ROM again with a new one that I just copied over via Bluetooth?

Thanks in advance!
Tim

I am not with Sprint so cant answer that...

As long as you are confident that the file transfered over fine then it should be ok. Maybe try transferring the file over via WiFi, I would feel more comfortable doing that. I don't see any reason why either of these ways wouldn't work, how ever I don't like taking any risk wile flashing the last thing I need is a $200 paper weight.

Sounds to me that your problems are originating from the PC end not the Device. The reason being is that the devices charges via usb. Yes the device could still charge if the usb on the device is no good but its a lot easier to make sure there is nothing wrong on the PC side then diagnosing the usb connector on the device,

tcooper185

Nov 3, 2008
Follow-up for others who may have the same issue:

I can't get the Sprint insurance. Have to add it within 30 days (I think) of buying the device, and I bought it over a year ago on eBay.

I'm sure it's not a PC issues, as I'm not up to 8 different PCs (XP, Vista, and 7) and none of them recognize it, but they all charge it. Weird...

Just bought another one on eBay, so I may play with flashing it via a Bluetooth-transferred ROM. Then again, I'm sure someone could use the unscratched glass or other components of it on eBay...maybe.

talontsi07

Feb 17, 2008
Calgary
Follow-up for others who may have the same issue:

I can't get the Sprint insurance. Have to add it within 30 days (I think) of buying the device, and I bought it over a year ago on eBay.

I'm sure it's not a PC issues, as I'm not up to 8 different PCs (XP, Vista, and 7) and none of them recognize it, but they all charge it. Weird...

Just bought another one on eBay, so I may play with flashing it via a Bluetooth-transferred ROM. Then again, I'm sure someone could use the unscratched glass or other components of it on eBay...maybe.

Did you try a different usb cord? How much are you looking to sell it for?

mkakemon

May 19, 2009
sync with diamond

I am also having a problem with active sync on a sprint diamond, flashed to cricket. I keep getting an error mes. "waiting for network" I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest activesync several times, and I have changed usb cables and ports. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

blackster

Mar 11, 2010
Elsinore
Srry guys :(

Once i had the same prob :( which was pretty anoyin´ but in some cases u need 2 download
windows mobile/device center (if ur using windows vista/7
active sync (if youre using windows xp)
if those 2 wont work then u need 2 transfer via intrenal storage which is the easiest way (srry spelling failz) :) if none of these methods wont work then PM me :)