[Q] 60 secs to shutdown

Search This thread

kwajongen

Jun 14, 2013
Hi,

I just wanted to report what it is likely to be a bug after the latest update to 4.3
Power-off takes 60 secs vs 7-8 secs before the update.

I read somewhere this is due to the applications to be closed, which obviously was also the case before the update, therefore I don't get it.

I am sure many other people must have the same problem, anybody in this forum found a fix or got any official feedback from Sony regarding this issue?

Cheers
Alex

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
It's indeeed a bug with the 4.3 update, but nothing to be worried about (I mean, won't cause any problems). Just wait a little bit more so it can fully shut down...

kwajongen

Jun 14, 2013
Hi,

Maybe is not relevant for you, my tablet, once has been used is powered-off and this may happen multiple times per day, so for me this is very relevant.

I hope Sony will fix this soon.

Alex

kwajongen

Jun 14, 2013
Then you simply don't have a clue how a mobile device is meant to be used.

It's a question of perspective, in principle you should never judge someone else's behavior, also because, sooner or later you may discover you were wrong :)

Regardless, this is a bug, period. This is what I wanted to know, the rest is not important.

For me this topic is closed, unless somebody has something relevant and pertinent to add to my original question.

Thank you
Alex

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
It's a question of perspective, in principle you should never judge someone else's behavior, also because, sooner or later you may discover you were wrong :)

In other cases this is right, but in this case you're simply wrong, period. Your habit of turning off the tablet after each use is laughably nooby and BS-y, except if you can name a really good, special reason for that (I take all bets that you don't have one.)

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
i'm not taking sides, but dam why on earth would you switch your tablet off multiple times a day ? There's no point :) if you need proof ? Your speaking to it. i know this is a bit of topic, i picked a Core i7 Mac Book Pro. it's a late 2011 model. And that's the year i picked it up 2011 since 2011 i haven't switched of my mac book pro not once, it's always been on standby and mostly plugged into the thunderbolt display.. The battery cycle count is 50 witch shows there's no need to switch off your electronics as the hardware in today's technology is built to be in standby for months and years on end, we live in a fast pace planet, instant use, instant boot.. And switching your electronics on and off wears and tears the hardware much faster.. FACT!

Nittenti

Dec 27, 2013
In other cases this is right, but in this case you're simply wrong, period. Your habit of turning off the tablet after each use is laughably nooby and BS-y, except if you can name a really good, special reason for that (I take all bets that you don't have one.)

A good reason for doing so could be - it's HIS device, not yours!

Call it laughable, BS'y or whatever you want, he can do what ever he want with HIS device - like it or not.

I also turn mine off/restart once a while. Not several times daily, but maybe once/twice a week. It runs better/faster/smother after a restart (my oppinion).

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
He can do, but then he should not complain.

And we're not talking about one restart every few days, we're talking about restarting for each f*****g use, several times a day!

Crash338

Sep 2, 2011
Montreal
Wow, this thread is out of control. I use my tablet all day long ... If I had to shut it down after each use I would probably go through the process about 200 times daily and Yes the tablet does take time to shutdown. Thanks god I only shutdown/reboot when I update my SuperSU to make it part of the system files otherwise I would throw it out the window or shoot myself. But since a tablet is meant to stay on Sleep/StandBy, Im not sure Sony would consider this a bug ... If it is, then I have to agree ... at least to me ... irrelevant but I feel for the guy that needs to wait 60 secs everytime he shuts it down after a single use.

Not judging but do you shut down your phone after each call you make? They are the same types of devices.