[Drivers] MS Windows x86 and x64 USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S

Search This thread
I got it working, but I see your point.

However, Ubuntu starts up in about 30 seconds. Literally. Desktop, good to go.

Vista. 5 mins or so until I'm at a working desktop. Oh, but wait, there's updates. OK. Install updates...

5 Minutes later...

You must reset for updates to take affect. Grr.

5 minutes later....

installing updates stage 3 of 3...

5 minutes later...

Back to the desktop. Finally. Updates are ready to be installed. Wait, what?

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
I got it working, but I see your point.

However, Ubuntu starts up in about 30 seconds. Literally. Desktop, good to go.

Vista. 5 mins or so until I'm at a working desktop. Oh, but wait, there's updates. OK. Install updates...

5 Minutes later...

You must reset for updates to take affect. Grr.

5 minutes later....

installing updates stage 3 of 3...

5 minutes later...

Back to the desktop. Finally. Updates are ready to be installed. Wait, what?
Super Simple Solution: Turn off automatic updating.

My Ubuntu machine takes longer than my Windows machine BY FAR. If I had my Windows machine cleaned out today it would take around 20 seconds to get to desktop, but Im being lazy.

Windows booting in less than 30 seconds flat video

Not sure why you have to wait 20 minutes to start working on your windows machine when I can start mine, have to go completely through the entire bios initialization AND also wait for my storage drive to initialize AND still be at a working Windows desktop in 30 seconds flat OR LESS..... Please get real sir, lol....

EDIT: I just tested my Ubuntu and it does get to desktop just a tad faster than my Windows... my bad sorry, lol :eek: but its surely not no 20 minutes to get a working desktop, at least not here (Im talking about boot up time and nothing more). Both my Windows and Ubuntu are stock so this makes me wonder if both can be even better?

Last edited:

NotBillable

May 9, 2010
Calgary
Does anyone know where I can find the drivers for 7 CDCs?
When I go into PhoneUtil and switch the USB from PDA to MODEM, in windows, the new hardware wizard pops up and asks me for drivers for the 7 CDCs???
If anyone has a clue to where I can find that, please let me know.
thanks.

Super Simple Solution: Turn off automatic updating.

My Ubuntu machine takes longer than my Windows machine BY FAR. If I had my Windows machine cleaned out today it would take around 20 seconds to get to desktop, but Im being lazy.

Windows booting in less than 30 seconds flat video

Not sure why you have to wait 20 minutes to start working on your windows machine when I can start mine, have to go completely through the entire bios initialization AND also wait for my storage drive to initialize AND still be at a working Windows desktop in 30 seconds flat OR LESS..... Please get real sir, lol....

EDIT: I just tested my Ubuntu and it does get to desktop just a tad faster than my Windows... my bad sorry, lol :eek: but its surely not no 20 minutes to get a working desktop, at least not here (Im talking about boot up time and nothing more). Both my Windows and Ubuntu are stock so this makes me wonder if both can be even better?

I have auto-updates off, but I usually always install them right away when they're there. And not all of the updates make you reset; I'm exaggerating a bit. However, Vista does startup really slowly. It may not be a completely fair comparison, as Ubuntu is the 64-bit version. They're dual booted on the same machine though, and the difference is night and day.

There's only a few extra programs that auto-start. I monitor my startup like a fanatic and use WinPatrol to prevent anything extra from sneaking in there. The PC is over three years old, so it may just be getting cobwebs. Idk. It's brutal though. I'm thinking about just wiping it and buying Windows 7 64-bit and doing a clean install. I think the computer still has some life in it as it's a 2.4gig Quad Core, 4 GB DDR2, Nvidia 8800 GTX 768MB. Or maybe I should just sell it. I don't know what to do, honestly. My once loved PC has become a PITA to use.

However, I'll always keep a Windows PC around. If you have any advice on how I can improve this machine, I'm all ears. Or should I just sell it, and move on?

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
I have auto-updates off, but I usually always install them right away when they're there. And not all of the updates make you reset; I'm exaggerating a bit. However, Vista does startup really slowly. It may not be a completely fair comparison, as Ubuntu is the 64-bit version. They're dual booted on the same machine though, and the difference is night and day.

There's only a few extra programs that auto-start. I monitor my startup like a fanatic and use WinPatrol to prevent anything extra from sneaking in there. The PC is over three years old, so it may just be getting cobwebs. Idk. It's brutal though. I'm thinking about just wiping it and buying Windows 7 64-bit and doing a clean install. I think the computer still has some life in it as it's a 2.4gig Quad Core, 4 GB DDR2, Nvidia 8800 GTX 768MB. Or maybe I should just sell it. I don't know what to do, honestly. My once loved PC has become a PITA to use.

However, I'll always keep a Windows PC around. If you have any advice on how I can improve this machine, I'm all ears. Or should I just sell it, and move on?

Thats up to you, I personally cant stand slowness so I been building my own systems since about 94 or so and just dont ever remember a slow Windows machine, but like I said I cant stand slow so I have always had premium parts. Its the only way to get the best parts at the cheapest prices and insure a good build. It also helps a lot to realize that SSD's are now here and are perfect for an OS install disk.

boysanjose

Aug 23, 2010
Hello Everybody.
Please help me this one. I already Installed the Driver to Windows 7, Connect the USB cable in to computer. The message showing all driver installing completelly can be user. But the Samsung Vibrant s doesn't showing up. I readed all through the forums here aleady but I can not do that. If someone's has same the problem please help how to fixed it, I ready need transfer some my Music/Video/Picture. Thank you so much. Have wonderful day.
Danny.

mrlamar09

Jan 17, 2010
illinois

m3s_4ev3r

Oct 11, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
KIES sss

Honestly I am going Slightly mad ....

I have W7 Ult. 64bit version, updated, original.

I have attached the KIES version I have, also the latest, and I tested many drivers, the last one I tested were the one at the beginning of this thread.

My phone is on KIES MODE.

So, my drivers are working, adb is detected, dev is detected, kies mode is detected, they all appear in device manager as installed and nothing wrong with them. But 99% of the time, KIES is telling my .. Connecting to the device .. and it hangs there for about 20minutes(after I shut it down in a berseker rampage rage./...).

When I put the phone in media player or storage mode, kies identifies it, but can't do **** about.

My purpose is to update to 2.2 Froyo when it comes to Romania, the good official way (though I have root, lagfix and 3br fix)

A few minute ago I did a thing, I firstly connected my phone on KIES mode to the pc and started KIES afterwards.... KIES recognizes it .. but when I go in Firmware Update it tells me that there's no devices that need upgrade.

Another KIES sh1t ... I go to samsung apps, and although KIES is the final version, it tells me I have to update to the latest version to be able to use apps, It closes, updater starts, nothing is found, KIES restarts, Samsung Apps goes in the nevereinding cycle of faux update all over again.... I also tried like 3 versions of KIES ...

something is rotten here

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 891
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 309

robertwind89

Aug 24, 2009
Bloomington
I have tried numerous times to install the Samsung drivers to my labtop, but it keeps cancelling the instalation. I am using win 7 64 bit. Has anyone else came across this error bc it is really irritating not being able to do something so simple

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

jaminroe

Jul 29, 2010
reonyt.me
what the heck!

:mad: Okay seriously. Someone try the Samsung link that was posted early back.

Its dead. If you try to find/browse for the SGH-t959, its not even listed!! I have to call Samsung... I got my Vibrant a few days ago and have been dealing with this problem since. I've tried it on all three of our computers. And all three OS. One computer has XP, another has Vista and our newest has 7. Doesn't work on any of them. If I find anything out, I will post a reply. Then hopefully we can pin this topic or something.

LabattZ

Jul 15, 2010
Everett,WA
:mad: Okay seriously. Someone try the Samsung link that was posted early back.

Its dead. If you try to find/browse for the SGH-t959, its not even listed!! I have to call Samsung... I got my Vibrant a few days ago and have been dealing with this problem since. I've tried it on all three of our computers. And all three OS. One computer has XP, another has Vista and our newest has 7. Doesn't work on any of them. If I find anything out, I will post a reply. Then hopefully we can pin this topic or something.

For what it's worth (not tryin to jack the thread) I had a driver issue on my Win7x64 and these drivers wouldn't work for me - but I did find some drivers on the Samsung site that I can't get to anymore.

Here's my thread on the subject with the drivers uploaded... xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=789813

Hope this helps someone...

jaminroe

Jul 29, 2010
reonyt.me
update on solution lol

Okay, so heres the update. I called Samsung today. I explained to her the problem, I told her I did a lot of research and it seems like this is a serious problem most people are having. I also mentioned that the Samsung website no longer has the Vibrant listed for driver/software downloads. She did know and understand this. And basically what she told me is that Samsung is current working on this issue and there is no solution for now. They will email me and have my case on file when there is an update. Hopefully sometime soon!

The only thing I can suggest is to get a micro to SD card adapter. Where you slide the microSD card into the inside of the SD card. Then you can put that into your PC if it has a media slot. If not, get the microSD USB reader/adapter. Probably easier.

This is a nice one: Sandisk MobileMate Micro SD & M2 Reader

(Sorry can't post link. New user... would appreciate if I can be verified to remove that ;))

Last edited:

jaminroe

Jul 29, 2010
reonyt.me
For what it's worth (not tryin to jack the thread) I had a driver issue on my Win7x64 and these drivers wouldn't work for me - but I did find some drivers on the Samsung site that I can't get to anymore.

Here's my thread on the subject with the drivers uploaded... xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=789813

Hope this helps someone...

I appreciate it. Only thing is Droid Explorer is for rooted phones only. I don't want to root my Vibrant. Not for a while at least. I rooted my G1, but I dont want to do it for this phone. Sorry. It will only work on rooted phones correct?

LabattZ

Jul 15, 2010
Everett,WA
I appreciate it. Only thing is Droid Explorer is for rooted phones only. I don't want to root my Vibrant. Not for a while at least. I rooted my G1, but I dont want to do it for this phone. Sorry. It will only work on rooted phones correct?

OK, but did the drivers help? Drivers don't depend on whether you have root or not. Droid Explorer was just one way for me to verify I had access to the phone - adb was my first method.

GL

Top Liked Posts