FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][DROID RAZR HD][KitKat ONLY] ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.9 [2014-06-08]

1,802 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,860

By dhacker29, Inactive Recognized Developer on 11th May 2014, 02:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th May 2014, 05:57 AM |#41  
Flag Prescott Valley, AZ
Thanks Meter: 144

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davekaz

hey im done for night. I have unlocked bootloader and tried to fastboot cwm img but always get variable not supported. then something about max download size then copies and completes but does not stick .

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

When you reboot from fastboot hold vol+ button so you will boot directly into recovery...then it will stick

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
16th May 2014, 12:55 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDAZZG1

When you reboot from fastboot hold vol+ button so you will boot directly into recovery...then it will stick

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
TA25802MGQ device

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\platform-tools>adb reboot bootloader

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery
xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img
(bootloader) Variable not supported!
target reported max download size of 31457280 bytes
sending 'recovery' (10146 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.768s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 2.567s]
finished. total time: 3.337s

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.006s

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\platform-tools>
then I held vol up andwent into standard recovery
I dont like those errors about variables oh well waiting for your advice
16th May 2014, 07:15 PM |#43  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 813

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyxlp

Okay figured out a few more things due to help of others (thanks for those quick replies!) but per instructions above, please see the errors I am getting cut and pasted below:

---

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Flash>adb version
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.31

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Flash>adb reboot bootloader
error: device not found

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Flash>fastboot flash recovery xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img
OKAY [ 0.780s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) Battery Low!!
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 1.030s

---

What am I doing wrong? Please help...

Uh, check what I highlighted in red. Your device is not found. Therefore, there are a few things that could be causing this
  1. You don't have the correct drivers installed.
  2. You don't have debugging turned on in Developer Options.
  3. Bad USB cable.
  4. USB 3.0 port? Try USB 2.0.
  5. Combo of items 1 through 4. Check each item.
The Following User Says Thank You to iBolski For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBolski Ad-Free
16th May 2014, 09:11 PM |#44  

More
My device is found. I tried all different USB port 2 different laptops win 7. Win 8. I check to see device first. Its good and actually doesn't fail. It states everything is copied...just that variable and max size error..there is more to it ..thanks for your help

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Oh imsorty that wasn't directed at me. Apologies

17th May 2014, 12:36 AM |#45  
Quote:

After battery >50%, was able to flash CWM file but...

What is the exact command line text to flash a supersu file, please?

EDIT: Ok nevermind, used Recovery to flash the SuperSU file *BUT* now I'm stuck booting into AP Fastboot with-- "Fastboot Reason: Flash Failure"

Help plz...

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

Now I'm really stuck -- I've flashed the CWM recovery and the SuperSU file BUT though SU Checker says I am rooted, I cannot enable ROOT function of any file manager (Supermanager, Root File Manager, etc.) in order to be able to delete the install-recovery.sh file..

Why would it say I'm rooted if I can't enable all root functions?

you may need to update the binaries in su if you havent already. other than that im not sure why its not working fully.
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bweN diorD Ad-Free
17th May 2014, 03:19 AM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
TA25802MGQ device

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\platform-tools>adb reboot bootloader

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery
xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img
OKAY [ 0.768s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 2.567s]
finished. total time: 3.337s

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.006s

C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\platform-tools>
then I held vol up andwent into standard recovery
I dont like those errors about variables oh well waiting for your advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDAZZG1

FYI davekaz I was in the exact situation you were in, but I used BDAZZG1's advice and it worked. After the supposedly bad CWM flash, I pressed/held Vol+ & PWR for a few seconds and then let go of PWR (i.e. still holding Vol+). As soon as I let go of Vol+ I scrolled down with Vol- and selected to boot to RECOVERY (by pressing Vol+ at that selection). CWM showed up, and then I flashed SuperSu. So maybe try out what I did?
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmalachi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jimmalachi Ad-Free
17th May 2014, 03:49 AM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

When I try to download the .img file by clickinng on it, it displays as HTML in a new tab rather than saving as a file. If I try to right-click and "save target as" it saves as an HTML file.

Anyone have any help on how to download this .img file properly please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhacker29

ClockWorkMod Recovery v6.0.4.8 for DROID RAZR HD

This is ONLY for users that have upgraded to stock KitKat
You must have an unlocked bootloader to use custom recovery

Download: xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img

To install you must have fastboot set up on your pc and then:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img
You can then flash the root package of your choice.

Enjoy!

Note: There will be no TWRP until kernel source is out as it is too big to flash with stock kernel.

Perhaps I am an idiot but I am not seeing an option to download this as a .img? Also when I do change the file name it seems larger than the standard 10mb recovery? Any advice or assistance would be great.

Stock 4.4.2 with unlocked bootloader.

Thank you
17th May 2014, 02:25 PM |#48  
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby7557

Perhaps I am an idiot but I am not seeing an option to download this as a .img? Also when I do change the file name it seems larger than the standard 10mb recovery? Any advice or assistance would be great.

Stock 4.4.2 with unlocked bootloader.

Thank you

here is a mirror that should help anyone with dl issues http://www.mediafire.com/download/cj...K-CWM-6048.img
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bweN diorD Ad-Free
17th May 2014, 03:22 PM |#49  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmalachi

FYI davekaz I was in the exact situation you were in, but I used BDAZZG1's advice and it worked. After the supposedly bad CWM flash, I pressed/held Vol+ & PWR for a few seconds and then let go of PWR (i.e. still holding Vol+). As soon as I let go of Vol+ I scrolled down with Vol- and selected to boot to RECOVERY (by pressing Vol+ at that selection). CWM showed up, and then I flashed SuperSu. So maybe try out what I did?

I'll try that again. Thanks for the help. It would be great to be rooted and tethered again

17th May 2014, 06:35 PM |#50  

More
Quote:

I'll try that again. Thanks for the help. It would be great to be rooted and tethered again

Hey it actually booted to cwm yea thanks then i flashed supersu .99 and rebooted and Its like I didnt do anything
It tells me to update su but cant. Cant get into cwm again must i flash recovery to get back in.. Is there anyone rooted thru su only
Thanks for all your help ..So frustrating ive been doing this for awhile. Droid X days
Help thanks
17th May 2014, 10:25 PM |#51  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmalachi

it worked and after several different su binaries I have root.. very happy thanks for all the help but recovery either freezes or black screen and have to reboot....im sure that will be fixed but needed root to tether..thanks again

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)