Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
DWHxIK

Kernel features:
  • Powered by Ubuntu 18.04.3 x86_64 (sparky VPS @ www.servercore.com.br - thanks @ChristianLetti)
  • Build with custom toolchain blu_gcc-9.2.0 (cortex-a76.cortex-a55 targeted, build with latest Crosstool-NG from GCC-9.2.0 snapshot)
  • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
  • Less is more: stockish OP7 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150 for max stability
  • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly), AnyKernel3 backend (compatible with autoflash apps)
  • Removed some debug and logging options
  • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
  • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes for important subsystems
  • Several CPU Governors (blu_schedutil modded governor merged from latest CAF sm8150 patchset)
  • No OC, use 300HZ base timer frequency
  • msm_performance touchboost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
  • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network tweaks and updated drivers
  • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers ZEN v2 is default, advanced filesystems enabled (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
  • Patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS
  • Stock thermal driver by default
  • ZRAM Swap (LZ4) and with file disabled
  • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel and FPR)
  • KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver
  • adrenoboost enabled by default at low level
  • KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
  • KLAPSE support (v5.0)
  • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
  • FS fsync toggle on/off
  • Wakelock blockers available
  • wireguard support
  • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
  • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, EXKM, FKM and others

(No mirrors please)​

Warning: If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems.
Reflash ROM -> flash TWRP --> reboot to recovery --> flash Magisk if you want (default, no plugins/modules) -> flash blu_spark.
If you are already rooted or upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.

About bugs and troubleshoots: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with modules, etc.
If you're using custom ROMs (including OOS based ones) or Open Betas you're on your own. I'm only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
Save the SOT and battery stats/screenshots for general threads, here we deal with development, not personal tastes and results.
Also don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" , no OT about OTAs, apps, ROM bugs, Recovery/TWRP troubleshoots and other userspace stuff. There's threads for it, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem. You can backup your boot.img with TWRP before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

pp-acceptance-medium.png

If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free ;)

OnePlus 7 Pro development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them :)
Very proud of being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to Manu J. for being such a supportive person.

XDA:DevDB Information
blu_spark kernel for OnePlus 7/Pro, Kernel for the OnePlus 7

Contributors
eng.stk
Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op7

Kernel Special Features: Powered by sparky

Version Information
Current Stable Version: r60 unified
Stable Release Date: 2019-10-13
Current Beta Version: r38 unified
Beta Release Date: 2019-08-24

Created 2019-07-01
Last Updated 2019-11-08

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
blu_spark r10 release (unified)

All right crew!

New build is up :highfive:
This kernel is unified, should be good on OP7/Pro (I only can test on Pro).
So keep this in mind if there's anything wonky. Check out the 7 Pro thread, some stuff is already discussed there.

blu_spark_r10 release

• KCAL v2
  • KLAPSE v5.0
  • adrenoboost
  • USB2 fast charge (if it doesn't work, restart the device without any cable, turn on fast charge and connect the cable after)
  • couple init settings tune
  • AnyKernel3 updates

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

No mirrors please
Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free :)

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
blu_spark r14 release (unified)

All right crew!

blu_spark_r14 release

• Merge blu_schedutil
  • input: touchscreen: add haptic feedback control sysfs
  • power: smb5-lib: reset level on removal (fix fast charge toggle without reboot)
  • set hz=300 (for interactiveness)
  • wireguard updates (v0.0.20190702)
  • some UX improve tuning
  • AnyKernel3 updates

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.

No mirrors please

nexuspur

Nov 14, 2013
Has the kernel something todo with the signal strength/mechanism of a device or is this a rom setting?

pushpendrayadav

Mar 14, 2016
All right crew!

blu_spark_r14 release

No mirrors please
Hi,
Thanks for excellent battery friendly Kernal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190705-201655.jpg
    Screenshot_20190705-201655.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 1,830

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
blu_spark r16 release (unified)

All right crew!

blu_spark_r16 release

• Synchronize codes for Oneplus 7 Pro Oxygen OS 9.5.9.GM21AA
  • Add GPU 675Mhz freq step (default is 585Mhz)
  • couple build improvements
  • defconfig: enable some perf configs and remove cruft
  • Remove some debug and logging
  • Add support for OP7 Pro TMO on installer

No mirrors please

carlsmad

Aug 30, 2017
I cant set the minimum cpu frequency. It goes back to stock which is the same as the maximum cpu frequency(1785MHz on little cores)

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
@eng.stk Portrait mode isn't working with your kernel.
Works fine in 7pro OOS 9.5.9 with stock camera app, used it yesterday actually several times.
Multimedia driver stack, including camera, is totally stock in blu_spark.

edit: also OP7 is behind in ROM versions, they updated camera stuff on latest OOS 9.5.9 sourcedrop, so you may have to stay with previous kernel build until they update OP7 ROM with matching binaries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DWHxIK

Kernel features: