[ROM/MOD 4.0.4][Stable Android 4.0.4 with good video recording][v3.5 08.03.2013]

Search This thread

Polo96

Oct 20, 2012
Amazing work guy!...

I do not understand why developers are fighting and do not respect other people & projects who share with the community ... Do you (developers) win big fortune with donations?..

Really good work from quiss and you, keep up!

All this develops are good for desire!

topgeardave

Aug 5, 2011
I'm agreeing with Nikez here, I feel that this is a KangBang from Evervolv. If you do not adhere to the GPL and upload your device sources you can get banned.

Kind Regards
Dave

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

LaidbackNikez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 17, 2011
nikez.nu
Amazing work guy!...

I do not understand why developers are fighting and do not respect other people & projects who share with the community ... Do you (developers) win big fortune with donations?..

Really good work from quiss and you, keep up!

All this develops are good for desire!

Fighting? What? I was just asking lol. Sorry if I've made it sound like I was looking for an (internet) fight.

A fortune? Lol. I earn more cash in 1h of rl work than 4 weeks of donations.

I'm just sick of false promises and zip-dev's not giving proper credit or do any actual dev'ing.

marius.a

Feb 4, 2012
@Bucharest/Ploiesti
Fighting? What? I was just asking lol. Sorry if I've made it sound like I was looking for an (internet) fight.

I'm just sick of false promises and zip-dev's not giving proper credit or do any actual dev'ing.

as allready said in first post, this is a MOD from qiss, which i credit them in first place.
if you think qiss 'stole' your work without giving credits to u, plz ask them.
i allready post the link with everything qiss released.

i do not understand why when someoane post something just to share with others, without asking nothing... all the time must be at least one person to interogate and questioning.

@nikez, i really apreciate you as dev and and i thank you for what you did for desire...but with all my respects...plz question qiss if they used ur work or not because i do not have and i can't give to you any source codes. it's just a mod and i didn't pretend it to be somerhing else.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Polo96

Oct 20, 2012

No comment .... I prefer to appreciate you from afar because I appreciate your work and I think it is the best ... but things like this i do not understand ... if more people share his contribution to the community even if almost copied or stupid (I do not mean this ROM), I think if this we do not do it for the money, we should encourage people to develop and publish their work .... everyone likes to recognize ours work, but to me at least if they do not worry me, because I've wanted to share it.

Reactions: dani_vh92

LaidbackNikez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 17, 2011
nikez.nu
No comment .... I prefer to appreciate you from afar because I appreciate your work and I think it is the best ... but things like this i do not understand ... if more people share his contribution to the community even if almost copied or stupid (I do not mean this ROM), I think if this we do not do it for the money, we should encourage people to develop and publish their work .... everyone likes to recognize ours work, but to me at least if they do not worry me, because I've wanted to share it.

Ugh, well... First off;
I share EVERYTHING I do. It's right there in our gerrit (review.evervolv.com) and our github (github.com/Evervolv). It's for everyone to use, all that we (Evervolv) ask for is the proper credit. I encourage Open Source, that's why I chose to work with Android. So please, don't even try to blame me for not wanting people to share their work.

Second and last;
When you do NOT provide sources, (imho) you aren't contributing.

All that I asked for was sources. That is all.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Ugh, well... First off;
I share EVERYTHING I do. It's right there in our gerrit (review.evervolv.com) and our github (github.com/Evervolv). It's for everyone to use, all that we (Evervolv) ask for is the proper credit. I encourage Open Source, that's why I chose to work with Android. So please, don't even try to blame me for not wanting people to share their work.

Second and last;

funny how things always get blown outa proportion, all u asked for in ur first post was frameworks/av source haha

Sent from my HTC Desire

Reactions: tom0769

yeahman45

Dec 26, 2010
thx!! i am currently using sotck qiss rom..will try your version thx! it's the only ICS/JB rom with working camera/camcorder

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Ugh, well... First off;

Second and last;

the op is just providing a mod to qiss rom.... he already said it...i think qiss rom did not release the sources i think... so how would op provide the sources??

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

thnx for the Rom

i just want if u fine a time ,make a softkey support Rom

thnx again

i can post my flashable zip to enable softkey if op is fine with that

Filko84

Oct 18, 2010
Sofia
You need to write one line in build.prop to activate the softkeys.
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

But the keys are big. I will post zip to flash with smaller one if I get permission and no other make them first.

I like the ROM but Home settings FC. Also no theme support or I can't find that option.

Last edited:

proadi96

Mar 12, 2011
Enniscorthy (Ireland,Wexford)
Tried this ROM , and its not bad , I was on CM10.1 VJ , overall VJ ROM is smoother but this MOD is a lot smoother for games than VJ ROM ;) trackball to wake up doesn't work for me:(

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

hheegg

Dec 1, 2007
Just flashed it with no problem and like it
You their will be other languages for this Rom in the future?

satamateur

Nov 3, 2009
Tuzla
rom is great,i use nova launcher 2,and works great,your launcher crash couple times,where is titanium apk in rom(no in system/appa),i need unninatal it for instal pro.
thanks,people bi jeleous for your rom,and no hart filings for that,i hope better and better rom for you...
sory for bad language..

Reactions: marius.a

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stable for daily use ANDROID 4.0.4 based on QISS ROM version with some modifications.

QiSS ME is a customized handset OS developed by QiSS team. QiSS ME is base on Android Open Source Project and cyanogenmod(www.cyanogenmod.org) project.

This ROM was mode it for my personal use and i decided it to share with you, so if someone don't like please just ignore this thread and keep rude posts for yourself.

Bugs:

let me know

DOWNLOAD:

- version 3.5: HERE

... because many of you asked me about INT2EXTv2+

in this versions:

- if you have 4ext recovery, possibility to choose between Mounts2SD and INT2EXTv2+
    - If you DON'T have 4ext automatically Mount2SD will be installed
    - separate flash for T9 Dialer, download it HERE
    - possibility to revert to stock Dialer, download it HERE

IMPORTANT NOTE:

-- T9 Dialer it's a separate zip. Flash it ONLY after at least one reboot (do not flash it straight after install rom without rebooting)

* for more details about Mounts2SD find in dk_zero-cool's official thread

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- version 3.4: download here or here

with Mounts2SD by dk_zero-cool (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1342387)

App is include it in rom, what you have to do:
    - open mounts2sd app
    - go to menu->settings and choose 'Configure Busybox'
    - go in options/configure and 'Disable Safe-mode' then choose what you want to go on sd-ext.
    reboot
    please do not tick 'Reverse Mount' (there are some problems in the script and will be fixed in next versions on Mounts2sd as dk_zero-cool said in his thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- version 3.3: http://d-h.st/eBY

4EXT Recovery need it, if you don't have it, follow the link from my signature

NOTE :

* If you choose Darktremor App2sd phone will reboot 3 times after install, don't worry it's normal. Applications will be automatically moved to SD
    To move Dalvik to SD (A2SD+):
    open terminal
    type: su
    type: a2sd cachesd
    (phone will reboot)

If you want app's to be zipalign at each boot:
    open terminal
    type: su
    type: a2sd zipalign

* If you choose INT2EXTV2+, nothing to be done, everything will be on sd-ext (app's, dalvik, data)

- version 3.2 : http://d-h.st/CRO

NOTE : Sometimes it's possible choosing D2EXT+ or moving Dalvik to external from S2E to crash on first boot. Just remove battery and boot again.

- version 3.1 A2SD+ : http://d-h.st/YoH

- version 3 INT2SD+ (test version, please give feedback): http://d-h.st/hMa

- T9 Dialer flash separate after at least one reboot (do not flash it straight after install rom without rebooting): http://d-h.st/kr3

- Revert to stock dialer: http://d-h.st/kk9

- version 2.5 INT2SD+ (recomended) : http://d-h.st/Q66
    - version 2.5 A2SD+ : http://d-h.st/4Pp

NOTE*: After choose Launcher Pro, go in launcher preferences -> Appearance Settings -> Dock background -> choose again "Froyo wide"
    (i optimise it and modified froyo wide theme)
    keep in mind that Launcher Pro works best if no applications are moved to sd, that is why i recomand it for INT2SD+ version.

For better performance:
    - choose static wallpaper to your launcher
    - go to settings -> Developer options -> Window animation scale set it to off (or maxim 0.5) and Transition animation scale set it to off (or maximum 0.5)

OLD:

- version 2.4 INT2SD+ : http://d-h.st/PqI
    - version 2.4 A2SD+ : http://d-h.st/H1j

- version 2.3 : http://d-h.st/ulf
    - version 2.2.2 (first published) : http://www.d-h.st/b5c

ADDONS in 2nd post

CHANGELOG:

Code:
    [B]version 3.5[/B]
    - cleaned
    - optimized
    - add possibility to choose between Mounts2SD and INT2EXTv2+
    - add separate flash for T9 Dialer 

[B]version 3.4[/B]
    - small UI changes
    - replaced all scripts with Mounts2Sd (thanks to dk_zero-cool)
    - modified updater script to work with all recovery's

[B]version 3.3[/B]
    - re-odexed for stability and zipalign
    - UI changes
    - removed some scripts from init.d
    - redesigned updater-script
    - optimized
    - slimmed
    - removed extra app's (can be downloaded from market)
    - added super su
    - maybe other things that i can't remember

[B]version 3.2[/B]
    - create a new intelligent updater-script 
    - option to choose between: S2E, Darktremor Apps2SD, D2EXT+, INT2EXT+
    - option to choose between LauncherPro and Trebuchet
    - small framework changes
    - small systemUI changes
    - modified to work with S2E
    - darktremor implemented only if you choose
    - add terminal
    - removed unnecessary apk's
    - removed home and wallpaper from setting
    - zipalign and deodexed
    - removed init.d unnecessary files
    - maybe more... i can't remember

[B]version 3.1[/B]
    - switched to A2SD+ for everybody use (if u want other script, 
    just delete 40a2sd from init.d and replace it with the one you want)
    - zipalign and deodexed
    - removed Trebuchet
    - fix LauncherPro crash
    - few more optimizations

[B]version 3[/B]
    - zipalign and deodexed
    - few changes in framework resources
    - removed Qlauncher
    - add Trebuchet
    - improved and themed LauncherPro
    - removed extra superuser app
    - add T9 Dialer (separate flash)
    - maybe other things that i can't remember now

[B]version 2.5[/B]
    - two versions a2sd+ (untested) and int2sd+ (recomended)
    - add AC!D Audio Engine ( many thanks to AC!D team for they work and for letting me use it in this rom)
    - add CM File Manager
    - add JB keyboard (with many languages: English (US+UK), Afrikaans, Arabic, 
    Belarusian, Bulgarian (BDS), Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, 
    Finnish, French (azerty, qwertz, canada), Georgian, German (+qwerty), Greek, 
    Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Kirghiz, Latvian, 
    Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmal, Persian, Polish, 
    Portuguese (Brazil+Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, 
    Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu)
    - add MIUI Camera
    - add Email & Exchange
    - add Flash Player
    - add Pimp My Rom (have entropy generator inside, recomend to use it)
    - add SuperSU
    - resources modified and optimised Launcher Pro (choose dock Froyo Wide to activate it)
    - add QLauncher (my version optimised and resouces modificated)
    - modified framework
    - modified system UI
    - modified contacts
    - modified phone
    - modified browser
    - modified settings
    - add fancy widgets
    - new bootanimation
    - new default wallpaper
    - zipallign on each boot
    - init.d optimisations

[B]version 2.4[/B]
    - split in 2 versions a2sd+ and int2sd+
    - add normal lockscreen
    - default android icons
    - add sony bravia engine
    - add Daemon Controller
    - add andrev_oc
    - add flashlight
    - add music folder player
    - modified framework for smaller softkeys (thanks to dragang)
    - other tweeks

[B]version 2.3[/B]
    - modified kernel ramdisk (thanks to rete)
    - add INT2EXT+
    - removed Link2SD

[B]version 2.2.2[/B]
    - initial release

REQUIREMENTS:

- Stock HBOOT
    - HTC Desire

HOW TO INSTALL:

1. all users format all partitions (except sdcard) and don't forget to make a back-up before.
    2. flash the zip
    3. reboot phone
    done!

(for version 2.2.2)
    Because ext partion couldn't be mounted at boot, this is are the installation instructions only for version 2.2.2:

0. format all partitions (except sdcard)
    1. flash the zip
    2. reboot phone
    3. after system stabilise, open Link2sd app provided in ROM and allow root permision
    4. choose your ext partition type (ext2/ext3/ext4) and press OK (now app will create a script for mounting ext partition)
    5. filter app to show only app's from internal memmory
    6. press menu -> settings and choose 'Auto Link' and sett 'Auto link notificatons' to OFF
    7. Reboot phone
    8. install an app from market and open back link2sd to see if partition was mounted and app was linked to sd-ext
    9. ENJOY!

Useful Pimp my Rom settings:
    From tools menu:
    - rescue package to can revert any wrong setting in case of fail
    - universal Init.d Support: press activate/verify
    - Entropy generator: go down and detect average values for random read wakeup & random write wakeup, then go up and set ON on boot
    From Tweaks menu
    - go to DALVIK VM, scroll down and set: Dexopt Data Only: ON, JIT: ON, Dalvik JNI Error Checking: OFF, Dalvik Bytecode Verification: OFF
    - go to ANDROID FEATURES, set Hardware acceleration to ON, 16-bit Transparency to ON, Kernel JNI Error Checking to OFF, Android Logger to OFF
    - go to MISCELLANEOUS, check 'optimise sqlite3 db', 'ext4 file-system', 'internal sd-car i/o', 'external sd-card i/o', zipalign all apk at boot'
    From Apps and mods menu: (optional)
    - Ad-Block hosts
    - Bravia engine 2
    - Sony xLoud & Clear Audio+

THANKS TO:

- QISS TEAM (http://www.qiss.mobi/index_eng.html)
    - XDA (http://xdaforums.com)
    - rete (for new kernel with modified ramdisk to mount ext partition and overclocked CPU to 1.13GHz)
    - croniccorey (for INT2EXT+/A2SD+ and all his wonderful scripts http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1716124)
    - Mr.Mefisto (for all his work on desire index and his contribution to xda)
    - dragang (for modified framework and flashble zips for softkeys and for menu2unlock)
    - AC!D team: Knight47, r-ikfoot, Rizal Lovins, Till-Kruspe, ThilinaC, Krabappel2548, Lalitchhabaria (for AC!D Audio Engine)
    - dk_zero-cool (for his Mounts2SD app & scrips http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1342387)
    - all xda members (for sharing and helping eachother for everybody benefits)

SCREENSHOTS:
    ADDONS for version 2.4 +

- softkeys to enable: Softkeys.zip
    - softkeys to disable: NoSoftkeys.zip
    - Menu button to wake up: Menu Wake.zip

----------------

all zip's are flashble

thanks to dragang for all addons
    new version up

new version is up

version 2.5 changelog
    - two versions a2sd+ (untested) and int2sd+ (recomended)
    - add AC!D Audio Engine ( many thanks to AC!D team for they work and for letting me use it in this rom)
    - add CM File Manager
    - add JB keyboard (with many languages: English (US+UK), Afrikaans, Arabic,
    Belarusian, Bulgarian (BDS), Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian,
    Finnish, French (azerty, qwertz, canada), Georgian, German (+qwerty), Greek,
    Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Kirghiz, Latvian,
    Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmal, Persian, Polish,
    Portuguese (Brazil+Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian,
    Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu)
    - add MIUI Camera
    - add Email & Exchange
    - add Flash Player
    - add Pimp My Rom (have entropy generator inside, recomend to use it)
    - add SuperSU
    - resources modified and optimised Launcher Pro (choose dock Froyo Wide to activate it)
    - add QLauncher (my version optimised and resouces modificated)
    - modified framework
    - modified system UI
    - modified contacts
    - modified phone
    - modified browser
    - modified settings
    - add fancy widgets
    - new bootanimation
    - new default wallpaper
    - zipallign on each boot
    - init.d optimisations

NOTE*: After choose Launcher Pro, go in launcher preferences -> Appearance Settings -> Dock background -> choose again "Froyo wide"
    (i optimise it and modified froyo wide theme)
    keep in mind that Launcher Pro works best if no applications are moved to sd, that is why i recomand it for INT2SD+ version.

For better performance:
    - choose static wallpaper to your launcher
    - go to settings -> Developer options -> Window animation scale set it to off (or maxim 0.5) and Transition animation scale set it to off (or maximum 0.5)

guys i spent many many hours and days so any rude posts i will do my best to ignore it, anyway help and requested are always welcome but i do not guaranty that i will succed to make all.

enjoy it
    Re: [ROM/MOD 4.0.4][Stable Android 4.0.4 with good video recording][v2.4 14.01.2013]

for people which don't find it "disgusting".... some screenshots from next version

new version in the op

new version is up

changelog:

- split in 2 versions a2sd+ and int2sd+
    - add normal lockscreen (will make flasheble zip to add if requested)
    - default android icons (will make flasheble zip to add if requested)
    - add sony bravia engine
    - add Daemon Controller
    - add andrev_oc
    - add flashlight
    - add music folder player
    - modified framework for smaller softkeys (thanks to dragang)
    - other tweeks

downloads in first post, addons in 2nd post