[Q] How to get apk from market if it means incompatible device?

Search This thread

Snoopo

Oct 19, 2010
Do you know a way to get an apk of an app if the market means the device is incompatible?
android 2.3 avds you also can't install market on to do that :/

Why isn't it possible to download the apk file?
If there is no way may someone dump the app from that one, please and attach it here?

Thanks.

p107r0

Jan 29, 2010
Do you know a way to get an apk of an app if the market means the device is incompatible?

it may be that this app is really incompatible with your device,
or
there are 3 things which sometimes block me from installing apps from market:
- custom screen density (I have 180 set in build.prop), setting it back to 240 helps in some cases
- new market (3.x) seems to have some different rules for establishing compatibility, I've found that going back to the old version (2.x) solves most problems (one notable example being CoolReader, which absolutely refused to install under 3.x, and went smoothly from 2.x market), there's a nice app for switching between versions - Old Market
- Settings / Language - in some rare cases setting the language to English helps, although it's probably not the case with the app you want

Reactions: Snoopo

4I-I

Jul 7, 2011
Stuttgart
Theres an .apk called market fixer with that you can download all the apps again! Or at least there is for the nexus s... its probably for all devices though.

Last edited:

4I-I

Jul 7, 2011
Stuttgart
You have to be rooted and have busy box installed then you can install itvand it showes you all apps on the market again... i didnt find where i got it from but just seach the forum or the web! ;)

Snoopo

Oct 19, 2010
THank you guys. I neither find "market fixer" nor "itvand" :(
I guess it's my screen resolution (its ldpi. x10 mini pro) that it won't show apps that are made for bigger screens. but I found out that many apps are just not tested against ldpi but work fine, too.
and thus i ned a way to get the apks of apps I like to test against my mimmi.
I you have further ideas or links, let me know I will do further research :)

4I-I

Jul 7, 2011
Stuttgart
Everywhere i looked they postet this as a downloadlink for the fix.apk: jrummy16.com/jrummy/testing/

But i dont see the .apk there.

What apps do you want to download? I think you should still be able to see the apps on the market even if they dont work on your device! I had the same issue and tqhe fix.apk fixed it...;)

Reactions: jayofdoom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

it may be that this app is really incompatible with your device,
    or
    there are 3 things which sometimes block me from installing apps from market:
    - custom screen density (I have 180 set in build.prop), setting it back to 240 helps in some cases
    - new market (3.x) seems to have some different rules for establishing compatibility, I've found that going back to the old version (2.x) solves most problems (one notable example being CoolReader, which absolutely refused to install under 3.x, and went smoothly from 2.x market), there's a nice app for switching between versions - Old Market
    - Settings / Language - in some rare cases setting the language to English helps, although it's probably not the case with the app you want
    Theres an .apk called market fixer with that you can download all the apps again! Or at least there is for the nexus s... its probably for all devices though.
    You have to be rooted and have busy box installed then you can install itvand it showes you all apps on the market again... i didnt find where i got it from but just seach the forum or the web! ;)
    Everywhere i looked they postet this as a downloadlink for the fix.apk: jrummy16.com/jrummy/testing/

But i dont see the .apk there.

What apps do you want to download? I think you should still be able to see the apps on the market even if they dont work on your device! I had the same issue and tqhe fix.apk fixed it...;)