Replacement Headphones for Samsung Focus

Search This thread

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
Just bought a Bluetooth wireless headset with mic, from here.
If you're from UK/ROI they're okay for the price. They do ship across EU and it's a few extra euros.
I like the incorporated mic, and that I can use it as handsfree. Works good on my laptop too, and holds long enough (listened to music for about 10h, still holding)
Ah, and I'm not affiliated with them, just bragging :D

Ruocaled

Aug 26, 2011
So basically what I got after went through 3 pages' discussion is that :

There is NO wired headset product on market fully works with WP7.

is that correct? Another great reason to buy windows phone :(

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
So basically what I got after went through 3 pages' discussion is that :

There is NO wired headset product on market fully works with WP7.

is that correct? Another great reason to buy windows phone :(

Without being rude, I want to point two things to you:
- You missed several posts (ie on page 2)
- You don't know how to search. If you would, a decent search would have you landed on at least WPCentral, Amazon or eBay

There are always solutions, however it's easier to complain than be creative. Ah, and all these are just for Focus, you can imagine there are others for other models as well.

kkrull

Mar 3, 2006
...Presumably I could just cut off the ear-buds on the samsung headphones and solder some of the Shure connectors on there - then just plug in the Shure ear-buds. (all high-end Shure earbuds have replaceable cords :)

I like your style. Let us know how this goes. It seems like an obvious market for a 4 inch patch cord that converts one to another.

Rahul_M

Nov 18, 2011
My dell streak's ear phone is working with focus including mic, call/answer/play/pause button. But the earphone doesn't have volume control buttons.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

Nileshdd

Aug 30, 2010
Foster City, CA
Check the meelec adapter to switch the pins. Samsung/Nokia have them different from Apple/Htc. The adapter allows you to use all Apple compatible headsets. I have etymotic hf2 working fine on my Samsung i9000. Android I know, but worth a try on wp7?

Nilesh

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

asdfvtn

Feb 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Was actually looking at the Klipsch S5i.. but then I'm afraid they still don't work with WP7, even though they said they were working on it about a year ago.

Because of convenience and <$100 price range, I've narrowed it down to the V-Moda Remix Remote and the Marshall Minor FX from this thread. Can anybody reconfirm they do indeed work, and if anybody could recommend one over another?
Or.. another pair that you really recommend. I'd like a decent quality sounding one since I miss my old Turbines but I don't want to spend over $100 any more.
Also, I don't like Skull Candy. Had too many dead one side earbuds with them.
Oh, and does anybody know if the Sennheiser CX 680i is compatible?

Thanks!

Last edited:

f4te

Feb 7, 2010
I just got a pair of Klipsch Image One cans and- while they sound amazing- the only 'phone' feature of them that works on my Focus is the Play/Pause button. Considering getting the Meelec converter someone else mentioned (google meelec adapter, it's the top link). On their page the 917 is listed... =/

Anyone buy that adapter and have any luck?

Jul 11, 2008
I just got a pair of Klipsch Image One cans and- while they sound amazing- the only 'phone' feature of them that works on my Focus is the Play/Pause button. Considering getting the Meelec converter someone else mentioned (google meelec adapter, it's the top link). On their page the 917 is listed... =/

Anyone buy that adapter and have any luck?

I'm in the same boat as you. I bought Etymotic HF3 headphones because they were marked down to $60 from $180 and figured even if the buttons didn't work I'd get a deal. Well the play/pause button works but the microphone does not. (I don't really care about the volume buttons, pretty sure there's no way to get those to work.)

Could it be as simple as the ground and mic contacts being reversed? If that were the case the button would still work (because shorting to ground wouldn't depend on them being reversed right?) but the mic wouldn't.

It would be great if it was that simple, but it probably isn't.

Nileshdd

Aug 30, 2010
Foster City, CA
Etymotic Hf2

Just wanted to report that my Etymotic HF2s work excellently on my Samsung Focus 1.3 WITHOUT any adapter

1) Single click - Pause/Resume Music
2) Double click - Next Song
3) Single click - Answer call/Disconnect Call.
4) Music resumes after the call.

On other hand, if somebody wants an adapter
1) The meelec adapter is very bad quality. I got 2 of them and both didn't last more than 2 months.
2) I have found 2 other adapters - FIIO LU1/LU2 http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/834115-REG/Fiio_LU1_LU1_Smart_Adapter_Cable.html that are definitely better quality and around the same price.