Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tutorial] How to say Thank You?

3,919 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,374
By xsenman, Senior Member on 16th July 2012, 07:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
In sincere appreciation of your valuable help, saying “Thank you” is the least requirement on this planet and should be common sense to do so .

Various members in XDA try to highlight it by requesting for it, from those who seem to lack this common sense and from others who are willing to express it by saying thank you in so many words on another post, adding more bytes on the forum, instead of using the thanks button found on each post made by a member , yes some do enjoy having that added expression of gratitude but in their hearts seem to be screaming, why not just click my thanks button too and you have made my day.

Here are some, I have found in various posts on this forum …..

1) "Click Thanks if I've helped You...!!!"

(to hit THANX button)

3) Don't forget to thanks if I helped ya!

4) Did I help you? A ''thanks'' would be highly appreciated!

5) Don't forget to thank me if i helped you

6) Drop me a thanks if you liked the help.

7) If I helped you hit thanks.

8) If I helped you press THANK YOU

9) If I've helped you click THANKS!

10) If this helps anyone to restore phone, click Thanks button

11) If my post helped, don't mind hitting THANKS

12) if you feel the need to give me some lunch money, please donate!
or just give me a thanks or two so i can look better than others...

13) If I have helped you, Please hit the the THANKS BUTTON!
Or, if you feel generous hit the DONATE BUTTON

14) If you enjoy my work...
Give Water or Donate to ------------.
Or just say thanks

15) If I Have Helped You, Please donate to XDA Developers

16) If I have helped you in any way please show your apprecation by hitting the "Thanks" button at my posts. This is a great way to motivate me to keep coming back.

17) If this help: hit THANKS or i'll hit you

18) If my post was helpful in any way, you are welcome to click THANKS button. Or if you really like my work you can donate to me.

19) I suggest if you have help,use THANKS button instead...

20) Hit Thanks if you like my work!

21) Hitting thanks wont cost you money; it will encourage the person to help others too.
In short, always hit thanks for that person who helped you in any way

22) Hit Thanks if I helped

23) Hit the THANKS BUTTON for anyone that has HELPED YOU.
Help me buy some redbull

24) Hit the THANKS button if I helped you!

25) Hit my "Thanks" if I helped you

26) please hit thanks if i helped

27) P.s if i helped don't forget to hit the thank's button and rate this thread for me

28) Please HIT THANKS and Give a 5 Star Rating!

29) Please make sure you show respect to those that have helped you, after all, they don't have to.
Hitting a THANKS is sufficient.

30) Please don't post just to say "Thanks" - There's a button for that . Be sure to use it!

31) Still looking for the Thank You button? Change your style to XDA 2010 (bottom left hand corner)

32) Thanks are always appreciated

33) Thanks For Clicking Thanks!

or like this

There are so many more that are not included in this list, Does this makes sense to you?

For God's Sake, Just Click the Thanks Button, (when someone helped you or even when a post increased your knowledge) IF you don't see it, change your theme to XDA 2010 version at the bottom of this page and the buttons are located in different places in different themes

This Post is linked to Pit Stop
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xsenman Ad-Free
16th July 2012, 09:39 AM |#2  
Flag Out there somewhere
Thanks Meter: 4,761
Donate to Me
Strangely I never have and never will have a signature that asks for thanks.....all I have is a donate button to support my chosen charity. That is all
16th July 2012, 09:51 AM |#3  
Flag Samstagern
Thanks Meter: 6
Thumbs up
I would thank to every helpfull post, but I wrote to less comments
16th October 2012, 06:32 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0
ho my brother how to say thank you is less i want to say thank you for last i bricked my customer m110s in case of changing language but you are so helpfully and say thank you very much keep working for the best of everything name's carlite canthe thanks
21st October 2012, 02:18 AM |#5  
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 58
21st October 2012, 08:29 AM |#6  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 302
Geez chill. The thanks system wasn't even implemented until very recently. It's not like you get paid every time someone click one your thanks button. Stop getting so fixated on it. You shouldn't expect someone to thank you just because you helped them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
23rd October 2012, 11:05 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,374
Originally Posted by snapper.fishes

Geez chill. The thanks system wasn't even implemented until very recently. It's not like you get paid every time someone click one your thanks button. Stop getting so fixated on it. You shouldn't expect someone to thank you just because you helped them.

Nice to have your opinion snapper.fishes, and this is the opinion of forum moderator mf2112 who has taken the trouble to write the XDA New Users Guide and he says :- quote

Giving thanks is important. It lets people know that their work or answer is appreciated. It is a faster method of feedback than posting a reply like "Thanks for your answer!"

and that my friend is the purpose of this thread Not asking, but trying to convey how many seem to have to request for it in their signatures, when in-fact, it can be done so easily and without a request for it by anyone who appreciates the posts.
17th January 2018, 06:29 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4
I would love to click the Thanks Button, but sadly it hasn't appeared, even after the 10 post minimum I've read about. This is post number 11 for me; maybe this'll trigger it.

Still, in addition to using the Thanks Buttons, are the few extra bytes so critical that we must forego the human touch of being able to verbally express our gratitude as well if we so desire? And if so, why is there a 10 post minimum before that button can be pressed? By my estimation, there are lots of extra bytes that have been created, as well as lost time, due to the confusion surrounding the Thanks Button. For example, I never found an official notice of the 10 post minimum, only second hand knowledge in response to the confusion, which was irritating in itself, due to the time I was required to spend to figure out what should be a very straightforward feature. In fact, I still haven't figured it out, because that 10 post minimum doesn't appear to be reliable either.

Thanks for any further explanation or direction that can be provided, sincerely appreciated!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread