So, to fix that, I had a stock system.img for the release firmware. This allowed me to build a fully stock root package with no missing files or incorrect permissions. While it took some time to get this tested and verified working without having the device, I was able to get it. Thanks goes to Adrynalyne, Mibix, and AstainHellBring (and anyone else) from IRC for testing several packages (Freenode, #galaxy-note-2). This is only the start of things to come, and I plan on slowly working on a ROM based on this then. I also made a deodexed version of the same package. Download and flash that if you wish, but it was more to verify that nothing broke in the deodexing process and to get a working base for a custom ROM.
Stock Rooted Image
Deodexed Stock Rooted Image
- Download one of the above packages for flashing.
- Extract the file (7zip works to extract).
- Open Odin (download that elsewhere), and put the extracted tar.md5 in the PDA spot
- (Re)Boot your phone into download mode and plug it in to your computer
- With it recognized in Odin, press start
- Once the phone boots up, all should be well. If you notice issues, boot into recovery and wipe data and this should fix the problems.
- If you still have issues after wiping the /data and performing a factory reset, please post here.
NOTE: I am not responsible for any ill effects caused to you, your loved ones, you phone, or anything else as a result of flashing this. Do so at your own risk as I won't be held responsible.