[DEV][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for Galaxy 3 (Exp. Build 1 - 02/09/2012)

Search This thread

prabhuthelegend

Jan 1, 2011
Bangalore
Hi Marcell.....

This is why we love you man, great show..........

thanks for all making this possible...........

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Siva:cowboy:

congrats marcel.. and a big thanks to pmanian..
after he made the bluetooth work in his mpics ics rom..i thought this can be applied to jb too. .since there is not much changes in both..
anyways great going devs..
long live g3 community :)

Last edited:

nishant_713

Jul 6, 2011
India
Help..!

Currently trying to build this on my pc through your git...
I am also willing to build. What I currently have on my computer is Ubuntu 12.04 installed and JDK 6 installed. If someone could guide me to build or provide any link from where I can build JB using Marcellusbe's git code, it shall be highly appreciable. I found this guide but am not sure, if this is what I am supposed to follow http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1762641

EDIT: After messing up with all the guides, trying to get the build environment, for almost 3-4 hours and creating a mess of my brain and wasting some of my bandwidth on downloading all the required JDK SDK And all other stuff and getting loads of errors in terminal emulator and finally not even being able to go through the very first steps of a very wonderful guide on building JB from source, I have finally realized that building or deving is not my cup of tea, I shall better leave to the skilled developers here :p :D :D

Last edited:

cdesai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
Hey marcell :) can you commit your latest changes please? I'm syncing CM10 source as i post this so ill be giving this a go. Also Inline kernel building seems to be a pain setting up how did you do it?

It isn't really, just need to do two defines with the path to the kernel source and name of defconfig, remove all references to prebuilt kernel and build.

But I think he's still using a prebuilt kernel.

Sent from my GT-P1000

Reactions: MicroGeek

RohMish

Aug 5, 2011
Mumbai
I think you have not updated your git with the latest ones, Bluetooth not working.
If DSP is working I think sound too :p

No, DSP is not working, Sound is in testing...
ON my device, I found that there were FCs and the performance was not so good, use this phone as my daily driver, so reverted to CM7.2.

eeshlikhith

Nov 2, 2011
It isn't really, just need to do two defines with the path to the kernel source and name of defconfig, remove all references to prebuilt kernel and build.

But I think he's still using a prebuilt kernel.

Sent from my GT-P1000

for me, it was smooth, but had some unusual serious lagging (ie. when i opened apps, for a few mins the app's performance was sluggish, and had a few times where the whole system stopped responding and stuck on one screen).

did you use prebuilts or inline kernel compiling?

how long did it take you to complete the build?

your hardware specs?

G

GuestK00111

for me, it was smooth, but had some unusual serious lagging (ie. when i opened apps, for a few mins the app's performance was sluggish, and had a few times where the whole system stopped responding and stuck on one screen).
Thanks, sounds like, if it only happens occasionally and it's pretty smooth usually, it can be sorted out. :)

RaymanFX

Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
Hackfest ! Let me join you, marcellusbe !

I will get on with this from next saturday on, when I'm back home from Greece.

Maybe we can hack the libmedia and atleast get some working s/w constructor output for the camera. Is OMX your next priority ?

And regarding kernel development, I have some ideas we might talk about.

hillbeast

Feb 9, 2011
Dunedin
Hackfest ! Let me join you, marcellusbe !

I will get on with this from next saturday on, when I'm back home from Greece.

Maybe we can hack the libmedia and atleast get some working s/w constructor output for the camera. Is OMX your next priority ?

And regarding kernel development, I have some ideas we might talk about.

Its best to not bother doing any hacky fixes for kernel 2.6 anymore seeing kernel 3.4 is making good progress. If you have the know how then your knowledge is welcome in the development of it

Sent from my Serenity Galaxy S2

nishant_713

Jul 6, 2011
India
Calling isn't on the list yet so wait for calling and he'll release it :good:

Click thanks if I helped. :)

Calling is there in working list... just the pin needs to be disabled. And that problem is also there in ics. Really, it's getting harder to wait. I keep checking this thread every five minutes, literally.

PS: shall i assume GPS to be not working, cause it's not there in either of the lists.

Pps: my ocd is now acting upon me XD can't wait more. Seriously, Marcellusbe is such a great man that he is having many people's life stuck in their throats.
Sent from my apollo using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts