[ROM][2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7.2 (Alpha9 - MTD - 04/06/2013)

Search This thread

twinky444

Jan 9, 2012
where the Wi-Fi is.
Did u flash it?
If so can u please tell if battery is working properly without drains in power off mode

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it's fixed. MTD version no longer has power-off state battery drain. I let the phone on about 30% :p charge when I flashed MTD yesterday, and it stayed about the same after being powered off overnight. So for me, it's fixed.

Great job! MTD ftw :p

zygis10

Jan 28, 2013
Kaunas
Hello zygis10:good:
Thank you very much for your answer, you know this ROM has simplified Chinese language?:confused:

It has chinese language I think (actually I don't know much about hieroglyphs and there are some of them in language choice) but no chinese input.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: lgm888

balamu96m

May 2, 2011
Chennai
So tried the ROM for a day.....

*The battery is back normal for me.
*The ROM is fast n cool!
*No lags. NO fc's so far!
*Can switch on bluetooth while wifi is on - as mentioned in the change log.

Overall. One word. AMAZING!

By the way, why didn't marcel apply for recognized developer (or) elite recognized developer ?? He deserves them more than many others with those titles!
Should we recommend some admins about his awesome works to give RD/ERD title ?? What do u say guys??

Arjav23

Mar 21, 2012
Mumbai
Are you sure that phone should support it? Maybe try mx video player?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T powered by JellyBean 4.2

i will try
but shudnt it support by default

*The ROM is fast n cool!

By the way, why didn't marcel apply for recognized developer (or) elite recognized developer ?? He deserves them more than many others with those titles!
Should we recommend some admins about his awesome works to give RD/ERD title ?? What do u say guys??

i did mention the same when alpha 9 BML was released
i even contacted a mod for this title suggestion

He deserves more than a title

Stanislaus

Apr 19, 2012
Bridgetown
Are the minor bugs like gallery app fixed? What about video playback in HQ? Does it still lag at the beginning of the video?

Sent form my T959 Galaxy S powered by SuperNexus

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....

*The ROM is fast n cool!

i will try

guys...just to answer on behalf for @marcellusbe
He had an Recognized developer title a long long time ago and for a long time....BUT...as you can see...everyone who owns Android phone and can compile and decompile apk or make a rom.zip(zip roms yes) wannabe RD....but...he gave his title back to xda as he himself told us some time ago that it's not about title ....that's just a something peeps stick on to....he's real dev in real life....and title doesn't mean anything if you don't have knowledge base.....it's just ranking and how deep you are involved in xda thing.....the same goes for @tom3q which made a lot of things for g3(openfimg)....and he's a real life dev without title here as he doesn't need it to be recognized by some1 .....they already are recognized.....:D
Some of you guys are new comers here hence you don't know what was going on 1 year back....yep...it was chaotic sometimes ...:p...and if i'm honest....I miss those days with @marcellusbe, @kyrillos13, @hillbeast, @Dharam_Maniar, and few others that helped even be4 I came here.....and made g3 so powerful as it is now....be4....it was a brick with Eclair Android 2.1 OS....<---lol wut:p?
:)

Sent fom my S-II running >>SlimBean build 6 OFFICIAL<< :D powered with >>DorimanX kernel 9.27<<

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
Kyrillos' app2sd scripts dosnt work. When trying to install apk with app2sd installed, device just reboot and no way to install new apk
:confused:

guys...try to pm @kyrillos13 to help you out....he'd probably need to change mount points or sth simmilar .in script...he'll help you if he isn't too busy with university lately:)

Sent fom my S-II running >>SlimBean build 6 OFFICIAL<< :D powered with >>DorimanX kernel 9.27<<

Reactions: wilowfr

lgm888

Jun 5, 2013
China Beijing
It has chinese language I think (actually I don't know much about hieroglyphs and there are some of them in language choice) but no chinese input.

Thank you for your answer, thank you!
I do not know flash this ROM, if after I replaced the TF card, I5800 mobile phone can not work?
My English is very poor, I hope you can read to understand the text above, thank you very much!:fingers-crossed:

Stanislaus

Apr 19, 2012
Bridgetown
I just installed the rom and it is amazing!!! I can't believe its the same phone!! This build is so stable and fast!! Great job Marcelusbe!!

Sent from my Galaxy 580 powered by CM7

austin266

Nov 14, 2011
Guntur
@marcellusbe
Hi sir..
Will this mtd version does cause overheating like in bml version of alpha 9

Due to overheating or so...my phone lost touch sensitivity (menu.,back keys and touch screen arent responding)....may i face the same problen when flash it with mtd version

Edit : am so eager to flash my phone with mtd version and keep it well updated with ur dev stuff

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the MTD version of CM7.2 Alpha9 !

As usual, you flash it at your own risk.

This ROM was compiled today with some changes in the CM sources : it includes some cherry-picks to solve the Issue 115 ? Unfortunately, I didn't have time to test if it's fixed.

See : http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/26204/ and http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/26205/

How to flash
    - You need to run CM7.2 Alpha9 and the original CM7 kernel!
    - Reboot in recovery mode
    - Make a backup of your current ROM. Warning, you will need to flash back CM7.2 Alpha9 BML via ODIN to be able to restore your backup. For now, it's not possible to restore BML backups on MTD kernel and vice-versa.
    - Flash the CWM update package
    = Your phone will reboot and start in recovery mode by itself. Then, the installation procedure will continue =

Notes :
    - Your original efs partition will be copied in a new mtd/yaffs2 partition. The original partition is not mounted for safety.
    - Your modem will be copied in the new efs partition
    - The text color of the mtd recovery is green (it's blue in the BML recovery)
    - Gapps are not included
    - You need 500MB free on your sdcard

The CWM package includes a new kernel running at 800Mhz (with standard 667Mhz voltages), battery friendly and the charging speed is normal.
    Bluetooth can be run with wifi (bugs in Alpha9 BML)

Known bugs
    - Do not use undervolting, it need to be fixed

Important
    If you want to go back to a standard ROM - with BML/FSR/STL's samsung drivers, always flash via ODIN.

Download
    https://cm7-i5800.googlecode.com/files/CM7.2.0-GT-I5800_Alpha9_MTD_CWM.zip

Kernels (flash with ODIN)
    - 1Ghz overclock mtd kernel : https://cm7-i5800.googlecode.com/files/CM7_Kernel_MTD_OC1Ghz.tar

Kernel sources
    https://github.com/sdadier/gb_kernel_2.6.32.9-mtd
    It is wonderful I haven't found any bugs yet and it is even faser than normal version overclocked to 1ghz. It can be a beta version I think :good:. But sometimes I miss 1ghz power (specially on games :))and as I understand I can't flash another kernel. Many thanks :good:.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Go there.

Here is the 1Ghz overclocked "MTD" kernel : https://cm7-i5800.googlecode.com/files/CM7_Kernel_MTD_OC1Ghz.tar

*The ROM is fast n cool!

i will try

guys...just to answer on behalf for @marcellusbe
    He had an Recognized developer title a long long time ago and for a long time....BUT...as you can see...everyone who owns Android phone and can compile and decompile apk or make a rom.zip(zip roms yes) wannabe RD....but...he gave his title back to xda as he himself told us some time ago that it's not about title ....that's just a something peeps stick on to....he's real dev in real life....and title doesn't mean anything if you don't have knowledge base.....it's just ranking and how deep you are involved in xda thing.....the same goes for @tom3q which made a lot of things for g3(openfimg)....and he's a real life dev without title here as he doesn't need it to be recognized by some1 .....they already are recognized.....:D
    Some of you guys are new comers here hence you don't know what was going on 1 year back....yep...it was chaotic sometimes ...:p...and if i'm honest....I miss those days with @marcellusbe, @kyrillos13, @hillbeast, @Dharam_Maniar, and few others that helped even be4 I came here.....and made g3 so powerful as it is now....be4....it was a brick with Eclair Android 2.1 OS....<---lol wut:p?
    :)

[Q] YAFFS2
    As i have realized, that yaffs2 is the fastest file system ever used on our phone, I would like to format /sd-ext aka /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 with yaffs2. Has anyone an idea if this is possible and how? Is there anywhere a mkfs.yaffs2 program compiled for our device? ....how did the kernel do this after going back to recovery and continuing the installation of MTD version? I had a look at the installation scripts but no conclusion beside that the mtdblocks are mounted -t yaffs2 after all... :(

I think it's not possible to use yaffs2 with non-mtd block devices.

look at the file updater.sh :
    Code:
        # write the package path to sdcard cyanogenmod.cfg
        if /sbin/busybox test -n "$UPDATE_PACKAGE" ; then
    PACKAGE_LOCATION=${UPDATE_PACKAGE#/mnt}
            /sbin/busybox echo "--update_package=$PACKAGE_LOCATION" > /mnt/sdcard/cyanogenmod.cfg
        fi

# write new kernel to boot partition
        /sbin/bmlunlock
        /sbin/busybox dd if=/tmp/boot.img of=/dev/block/bml5 bs=4096

/sbin/busybox sync

/sbin/reboot recovery

The file /mnt/sdcard/cyanogenmod.cfg contains an update command for the recovery.
    when recovery is started, it look at the file /mnt/sdcard/cyanogenmod.cfg and launch the command.
    I think @marcellusbe could explain where stl6 partition went....or maybe it was changed...tty to replace stl6 with stl7(data)...and see what comes out:)
    Sent fom my S-II running >>SlimBean build 6.2 WEEKLY<< :D powered with >>DorimanX kernel 9.30<<

/dev/block/mtdblock1 mounted to /system (was /dev/block/stl6)
    /dev/block/mtdblock2 mounted to /data (was /dev/block/stl7)
    /dev/block/mtdblock3 mounted to /cache (was /dev/block/stl8)
    /dev/block/mtdblock4 mounted to /efs

/dev/block/mmcblk0pX (external sd-card) stayed the same