Samsung Galaxy 3 (I5801/I5800) Flashing Guide

Search This thread

i_rnb

Dec 9, 2010
Paris, France
hey.. i got a minor prob in default messege app.. it's ok till i m on converstion list.. but when i click on a thread to open it,it gives force close... though i m able to manage my smses with handcent, still its very irritating to hav a malfunctioned app on phone.. so reply if u got any solution..

thanx in avdvance..

braveBuddy

Sep 12, 2010
Pune
hey.. i got a minor prob in default messege app.. it's ok till i m on converstion list.. but when i click on a thread to open it,it gives force close... though i m able to manage my smses with handcent, still its very irritating to hav a malfunctioned app on phone.. so reply if u got any solution..

thanx in avdvance..

which firmware did you flashed??
cause JPA had problems with stock msg app. you can us handcent instead of it.

moican

Dec 25, 2010
Athens
Before these steps make sure you have latest version of kies installed, it helps in keeping latest drivers installed.

1) Start Odin (if using windows 7 or vista right click Odin and use run as administrator)
2) Check "One Package" checkbox
3) Check “Reboot” checkbox
4) Check protect ops checkbox (Don’t check this if you are flashing I5801 with I5800 firmware for the first time.)
5) Check reset time checkbox, keep the default value as it is i.e. 300 don’t select any other options.
6) Hit reset files button once.
7) Click ops button and select OPS file for I5800
8) Click one package and select the firmware you want to flash. The file must a .tar file.
9) You can take a backup of your data/apps. For that you can use Titanium Backup. For backing up contacts and SMS.
A) go to contacts press menu/left most button select import/export option, then export the contacts to sdcard.
B) For sms use the app called SMS backup.
10) Now remove your sdcard and sim card from phone and do a factory reset/ Hard Reset also clear cache then restart and put it in downloading mode by pressing vol- + home + power button together.
11) Now connect your phone to pc.
12) Odin will show yellow color and com port no. in the first box on top in Odin.
13) Click Start and watch the progress bar and timer, wait until PASS message appear on Message box.
14) Disconnect the phone from PC when Odin displays disconnect serial port & wait until rebooting phone.

Let the phone boot it takes some time 5-10 mins for first boot so don’t panic.

After reboot do factory reset or Hard Reset also clear cache again then restart phone and put sim and sdcard back in.

Sorry cant post images right now in office, will attach images as soon as i get home.

Please let me know if i have missed anything or if anything needs correction.

13. The ''pass'' appears after 6'.

But the ''close serial port & wait until rebooting phone'' appears at 2.30'.

Are your instructions wrong, or is it something else?

It doesn't boot!

Last edited:

braveBuddy

Sep 12, 2010
Pune

It doesn't boot!

if you feel so than please share whats the right way.......please.

but for your information pass msg appears when the process starts correctly and you have selected correct ops file. if that doesnt happens than there is something wrong with your files.

which firmware did you flashed and where are you stuck, did you tried reflashing??? please add these info next time you say its not booting.............

Last edited:

moican

Dec 25, 2010
Athens

It doesn't boot!

if you feel so than please share whats the right way.......please.

but for your information pass msg appears when the process starts correctly and you have selected correct ops file. if that doesnt happens than there is something wrong with your files.

which firmware did you flashed and where are you stuck, did you tried reflashing??? please add these info next time you say its not booting.............

I think, that was not a proper start... :p

I didn't want to cause problem of any kind! I just am so frustrated with the result! :(

But on the other hand, this question:
was aiming to get an asnswer because I am a newcomer and not to flame you! :eek:

So you misundertood it my friend! ;)

OK to ours now. I have the GT-I5800 and I did exactly as you write in the 1st post!

The ops file that I selected was the one that you give at your link! ;)

The firmware i had, was an eclair one, i think JG8. The one I tried to flash was XXJPB.

I tried 4 times but the result was the same: the phone stucks at the samsung logo. :mad:

I also waited longer than 10' but nothing happened. :(

It seems that it doesn't want to updgrade to froyo!!!

Oh and another one: After all these efforts i finally flashed K1 the latest eclair rom and all seemed ok, but it now shows me 0 mb internal memory!

I tried wipe data/factory reset from recovery but it didn't do any good at all. :(

Any help appreciated m8! ;)

FM-Phone

Nov 26, 2010
South Germany
Hello moican,

I have the same problem like you. I can´t update to any 2.2 FW. I´ll tried all Froyo Versions on samfirmware but the Phone stuck´s at the Samsung Logo.
When I try to flash the latest 2.1 the Phone lost all Settings after a reboot.

So I flashed back to the Stock Eclair JG7 and everything works.

I'm just waiting for the update with Kies :(

Last edited:

i_rnb

Dec 9, 2010
Paris, France
which firmware did you flashed??
cause JPA had problems with stock msg app. you can us handcent instead of it.

flashed wid JPB froyo.. but d stck sms app strtd wrkin again aftr a factory rest.. .. thnx for ur cncrn..!! :)

but i had an another prb.. when i cnnct my android to my pc it shows the list of options "samsung kies", "media player" & "mass storage" as i use "ask on connection" in usb settings.. but if i tap over "mass storage" a usb drive creates on my pc but i cnt get the "mount sd card" option.. so cnt access on my sd card..

but i get "mount sd card" option on notification panel in usb debugging mode.. nd it works..!! :confused:

is it ok??

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
braveBuddy can you update the first post with

ATENTION I5801 USERS:
to keep the i5801 bootscreen you should remove boot.bin and sbl.bin from the .tar file before flashing.

FM-Phone

Nov 26, 2010
South Germany
I also read this in another forum

Is this the same for the I5800. Someone changed the “Datafs.rfs” from FW XWJH2 into the .tar File too.

I haven't tried that yet

FM-Phone

Nov 26, 2010
South Germany
Hi my Friends,

yes I did what FadeEx said ( # 30)

I used 7-Zip to open the .tar File from JPB (do not repack the File) Then I deleted the 2 Files “boot.bin” and “Sbl.bin” from the .tar File and flashed the Package.

Please Attention!!!
I flashed yesterday and everything seemed good so far. I rebooted the Phone 3 Times, but today it stuck´s at the Samsung logo again.
I wiped the cache and did a factory reset, but it has changed nothing.

Then I flashed back to JH2 with no Problems. I'll try it again and see whether it works.

Good luck.

It´s just a little bit crazy!!!
The only way that I can flashed JPB again is, to flash JG7 FW first with 4 Files (BOOTLOADER,CSC,PDA,PHONE) After then the modifed JPB .tar One Pack.

I suspect the Problem is in the Bootloader.

Last edited:

giokou

May 19, 2009
Athens
Lenovo P11
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Hi my Friends,

yes I did what FadeEx said ( # 30)

I used 7-Zip to open the .tar File from JPB (do not repack the File) Then I deleted the 2 Files “boot.bin” and “Sbl.bin” from the .tar File and flashed the Package.

Please Attention!!!
I flashed yesterday and everything seemed good so far. I rebooted the Phone 3 Times, but today it stuck´s at the Samsung logo again.
I wiped the cache and did a factory reset, but it has changed nothing.

Then I flashed back to JH2 with no Problems. I'll try it again and see whether it works.

Good luck.

Thank you very much! Will try and report back! ;)

It´s just a little bit crazy!!!
The only way that I can flashed JPB again is, to flash JG7 FW first with 4 Files (BOOTLOADER,CSC,PDA,PHONE) After then the modifed JPB .tar One Pack.

I suspect the Problem is in the Bootloader.

Definitely in the bootloader... :(

ksam77in

Oct 17, 2010
I am using windows xp for flashing , i have followed all ur instructions but somehow it did'nt worked for me i tried several time but it gives me error message on ODIN that unknown file with sum junk text and ODIN shuts automatically, below files & firmware i m using for firmware upgrade also my galaxy 3 is rooted too.

I5800_Odin_Multi_Downloader_v4.252.exe
apollo_0531.ops
I5800XXJP8.rar
i hv updated the Kies version also

Please help me solving this issue...thanx in Advance.

Reg

SAM

FM-Phone

Nov 26, 2010
South Germany
Thank you very much! Will try and report back! ;)

Definitely in the bootloader... :(

OK, now it works for me. :D

I think I had a corrupt or a destroyed bootloader. JPB works for me if I previously flash the bootloader of JG7 and then the JPB Package without the boot.bin and sbl.bin (second bootloader)

No Problems so far, even after a lot of reboots.

Mike

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before these steps make sure you have latest version of kies installed, it helps in keeping latest drivers installed.

Files required for Flashing can be downloaded here.

1) Start Odin (if using windows 7 or vista right click Odin and use run as administrator)
    4) Check protect ops checkbox (Don’t check this if you are flashing I5801 with I5800 firmware for the first time.)
    5) Check reset time checkbox, keep the default value as it is i.e. 300 don’t select any other options.
    8) Click one package and select the firmware you want to flash. The file must a .tar file.
    9) You can take a backup of your data/apps. For that you can use Titanium Backup. For backing up contacts and SMS.
    A) go to contacts press menu/left most button select import/export option, then export the contacts to sdcard.
    10) Now remove your sdcard and sim card from phone and do a factory reset/ Hard Reset also clear cache then restart and put it in downloading mode by pressing vol- + home + power button together.
    12) Odin will show yellow color and com port no. in the first box on top in Odin.
    13) Click Start and watch the progress bar and timer, wait until PASS message appear on Message box.
    14) Disconnect the phone from PC when Odin displays disconnect serial port & wait until rebooting phone.

After reboot do factory reset or Hard Reset also clear cache again then restart phone and put sim and sdcard back in.

Sorry cant post images right now in office, will attach images as soon as i get home.

ATENTION I5801 USERS:
    to keep the i5801 bootscreen you should remove boot.bin and sbl.bin from the .tar file before flashing.
    Good guide

ATENTION I5801 USERS:

You guided us clearly step by step. Thanks.
    one question
    reg this part : Click ops button and select OPS file for I5800
    which do i sellect the one i get when i download ur attachment (i mean the one i have marked in bold in ur above quote)
    or is their one ops in the download of the rom for example i down load the recent JPB do i take the ops from here or ur below attachment
    the .tar i should take from the downloaded rom right

Note : odin flashing is new for me i do know how to flash for htcTattoo its easy just flash from the sd done this many many times

kindly advise thanks in advance :D
    thanks
    hari

Till now we don't need different .ops file for any of our firmwares they all can be flashed using same .ops file in the link i gave.
    Yes you need to select the the same ops file apollo_0531.ops every time.
    You wont get .ops files within Firmware zip files.

Attached is a image of Odin while all is set and we need to hit start.

apolloq.jpg
    You flash the tar inside the rar not the rar
    Sent from my GT-I5801 using XDA App
    Alternatively you can download any app2sd app from market for froyo.

hi
    thanks again buddy ill try it and if im right 2.2 does not need Ext partition

thanks
    hari