boot loop xperia s

Search This thread

harsh7217

Jun 12, 2014
I flashed a wrong rom, now stuck in boot loop(i can still go into recovery), after thorogh searching i found a solution but i don't understand how to make use of the code/script...plz help, i'm desperate

Using ADB BY Samantha
DB can be used to access the phone while booting, be aware that some bootloops make it unable to use ADB since they do not go further then the manufacturer logo. (In new CWM versions it’s possible to use adb)
The only tricky part about using ADB with bootloops is that you have to do it on the right time, this is different from every device, but normally it’s after the manufacturer logo that the partitions get mounted. The easiest way to enter your phone in this part is using a batch script that monitors the state of your device and connects directly when possible.

I use this script for example, called ondemand.bat (requires adb.exe and the 2 dlls)

1 @ECHO off
2 cd /d %~dp0
3 echo.
4 echo Waiting for device…
5 adb wait-for-device
6 echo.
7 adb -d shell stop
8 adb push mycwmfix.zip /sdcard/mycwmfix.zip
9 adb reboot recovery

|>/\nte

I flashed a wrong rom, now stuck in boot loop(i can still go into recovery), after thorogh searching i found a solution but i don't understand how to make use of the code/script...plz help, i'm desperate

Using ADB BY Samantha
DB can be used to access the phone while booting, be aware that some bootloops make it unable to use ADB since they do not go further then the manufacturer logo. (In new CWM versions it’s possible to use adb)
The only tricky part about using ADB with bootloops is that you have to do it on the right time, this is different from every device, but normally it’s after the manufacturer logo that the partitions get mounted. The easiest way to enter your phone in this part is using a batch script that monitors the state of your device and connects directly when possible.

I use this script for example, called ondemand.bat (requires adb.exe and the 2 dlls)

1 @ECHO off
2 cd /d %~dp0
3 echo.
5 adb wait-for-device
6 echo.
7 adb -d shell stop
9 adb reboot recovery

Instead of messing up with the complex (in my opinion) a.d.b. stuff, I'd recommend you just to flash the stock firmware via flashtool, or even via update service/pc companion. Then your phone will turn back to normal functionality and you'll be able to do whatever you want (again).

Reactions: harsh7217

harsh7217

Jun 12, 2014
Instead of messing up with the complex (in my opinion) a.d.b. stuff, I'd recommend you just to flash the stock firmware via flashtool, or even via update service/pc companion. Then your phone will turn back to normal functionality and you'll be able to do whatever you want (again).

is that possible in a boot loop? keeping in mind that i didn't make a backup

harsh7217

Jun 12, 2014

If your device can get into flashmode, it is guarandeed you can flash the stock firmware. As for your precious datam I'm sorry....they'll all be gone.

Thanx a lot mate you're the best, it worked :D and when it comes to data, i had already made a backup in my pc ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Using ADB BY Samantha

1 @ECHO off
    2 cd /d %~dp0
    3 echo.
    5 adb wait-for-device
    6 echo.
    7 adb -d shell stop
    9 adb reboot recovery

is that possible in a boot loop? keeping in mind that i didn't make a backup

If your device can get into flashmode, it is guarandeed you can flash the stock firmware. As for your precious datam I'm sorry....they'll all be gone.