[Q] Opinion on GenericGinger v2

Search This thread

HewettBR

Has anyone used this ROM

simply-android.com/discussion/1763/rom-genericginger-2.0-for-sidekick-4g-t-mobile-updated-120911/p1

I've been going through ROMs every few days or so trying to find one i like and i flashed this one today. I'm not sure how i feel about its speed, i guess i was just curious if anyone else has tried it and what they thought

Reactions: arcadeshopperdotcom

AFAinHD

Mar 25, 2011
Fenton, Missouri
afainhd.3owl.com
Probably the smoothest rom out there right now.

You know he isn't talking about GingerClone v2, right?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Well I just flashed this ROM, thank god I've been itching to test another ROM since the developer drought, I have to admit, this is amazing, so far, I can change my lock screen, this is very smooth and amazingly 2.3.5 like. More amazing features that I have found but I must say, very worth flashing.

d3xtro.

Dec 26, 2011
Yeah, this rom is pretty smooth. I haven't noticed anything buggy on it yet.
Only thing I noticed is that it doesn't have a Task Manager.

papped

Jan 28, 2007
You know he isn't talking about GingerClone v2, right?

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Well I just flashed this ROM, thank god I've been itching to test another ROM since the developer drought, I have to admit, this is amazing, so far, I can change my lock screen, this is very smooth and amazingly 2.3.5 like. More amazing features that I have found but I must say, very worth flashing.

Yes I do, i've been running it since early yesterday.

HewettBR

have you noticed the icons not loading when you resume from a lock, like a memory issue or something of that sort? Sometimes when i switch between aps the homescreen will be empty and the phone lags. it is just strange ive never seen it before

papped

Jan 28, 2007
have you noticed the icons not loading when you resume from a lock, like a memory issue or something of that sort? Sometimes when i switch between aps the homescreen will be empty and the phone lags. it is just strange ive never seen it before

Stock KJ2 does that, so I don't think it's really a rom issue per se. Seems like it doesn't keep the launcher layout in memory during high usage or something.

AFAinHD

Mar 25, 2011
Fenton, Missouri
afainhd.3owl.com
Stock KJ2 does that, so I don't think it's really a rom issue per se. Seems like it doesn't keep the launcher layout in memory during high usage or something.

Yea one of our phones main problems is a severe lack of RAM, so the launcher usually has a hard time staying open when something else is bugging out the memory.

Sent from the phone everyone has forgotten about!

papped

Jan 28, 2007
You can try using something like launcher pro and setting it to keep in memory, not necessairly guaranteeing that won't have other problems though...

xmeatizmurderx

Jan 23, 2009
minneapolis

Use the v6 supercharged script, this will lock your home screen in memory and take care of that issue entirely

xmeatizmurderx

Jan 23, 2009
minneapolis
Try going to this website: www.google.com, it's something called a "search engine" then type "v6 supercharger XDA" in the box and see what happens!!! It's a really useful website for finding things!!!

I use aggressive 1 settings, haven't felt a need to use the others

sidekickingjorge

Oct 9, 2011
UTAH
I've been using this rom now for a few days and its by far the best rom (as of right now) out there and I haven't been using any kind of task manager either and it is still smoother and speedier then any rom out
P.s. no disrespect to all of the great devs out there workin on are phone!

ayoteddy

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2009
Please know that ROM is essentially my gingerclone ROM with all the same asop apps and framework as well (with changes of course). I'm sure its updated to KJ2 with lockscreen mod by now but the poster of the ROM didn't even bother to change the OP format from my GC post. I'm not saying don't use his ROM.. if you like it do so, I'm jus speaking up because he didn't properly credit me or Sduvick. He's on XDA and used to post on the forums so idk why didn't he say something about it.

Reactions: dautmost

JonathanBarca10

Feb 1, 2012
San Bernardino
So is teddy really doing a new ROM? This would be fantastic news. Maybe have roboto as font and use ics icons?

And is it not possible with any of these roms to do the whole notification drop-down clearing of messages? Is that something that id definitely need ics for?

sent from a mini computer-gloriously overdosed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone used this ROM

simply-android.com/discussion/1763/rom-genericginger-2.0-for-sidekick-4g-t-mobile-updated-120911/p1

I've been going through ROMs every few days or so trying to find one i like and i flashed this one today. I'm not sure how i feel about its speed, i guess i was just curious if anyone else has tried it and what they thought
    Please know that ROM is essentially my gingerclone ROM with all the same asop apps and framework as well (with changes of course). I'm sure its updated to KJ2 with lockscreen mod by now but the poster of the ROM didn't even bother to change the OP format from my GC post. I'm not saying don't use his ROM.. if you like it do so, I'm jus speaking up because he didn't properly credit me or Sduvick. He's on XDA and used to post on the forums so idk why didn't he say something about it.

I have this rom, I love it. It was the only one I could download but well worth the search. I score 1700+ on quadrant standard. I've never rebooted due to freeze. Its super smooth.

Sent from GenericGinger 2.0 Sidekick 4G using XDA