Bluetooth Mono Headset + Redirect sound to it (cab)

Search This thread

cybertron

Sep 29, 2006
Sweden
www.linuxportalen.com
Hi!

I've been reading a lot of these forums about activating A2DP with a mono-bluetooth headsets, and found (in different places) some different ways, (change a couple of registry settings and with some pocket pc/headset one had to change a file called BTAGExt.dll)

I have made a CAB file for these hacks and also included the file "BTAGExt_new.dll" I call it _new because I change the registry to locate this new file instead of the old, that way one doesn't have to overwrite the dll file and can, if problems occur, change in the registry instead. The file is needed for some (me included) that are having trouble with music playing in the headset for about 10seconds.

Anyway, i have made a self-installing cab file for this, so that other people may use it easily, without need of hacking the registry, one does not need to use btaudioon and similar program to make this work,

EDIT: AS many people pointed out, here are the instructions to USE this :D, sorry for that:
Originally Posted by GarrisRP
3.- This was never completely spelled out either; How to activate it:a.Push your headset Voice Activated Dialing Buttonb.Now all sounds should play through your headset.c.To deactivate, push the headset dialing button.

It is nice to see my little hack being used :D

BE AWARE:
*VoiceCommand DOESN'T WORK!! (since my cab disables it in favour of all-sound in headset)
*I take NO RESPONSIBILITY if this crashes your phone or anything else, USE IT AT OWN RISK!
* It only changes this things:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2DP\Settings]
"UseJointStereo"=dword:00000000
"BitPool"=dword:0000003a 
"MaxSupportedBitPool"=dword:00000050 
"MinSupportedBitPool"=dword:0000000e 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Builtin\BtA2dpSnd]
"Priority256"=dword:0000003c 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand]
"LaunchApEnable"=dWord:1
"VoiceCmdDuration"=dWord:15180

And copies this file: BTAGExt_new.dll to \Windows  (or whatever windows dir you have)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway]
"BTAGExtModule"=string:"BTAGExt_new.dll"
Then do a soft-reset and voila, the sound should work.!

Attachments

• bluetooth_sound.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 10,928
Last edited:

markw996

Oct 3, 2006
I used this too with my Sony HBH-60 bluetooth mono headset and it worked perfectly for me too :) .

Much better for listening to podcasts while in bed!
(no more strangling myself with earphone wires! :D)

papex

Nov 5, 2006
Hi,

How do you revert to the initial situation (what are the original registry settings ?)

Thanks

papex

despa

Nov 8, 2006
This doesn't work for me with T-Mobile Vario 2 (Ger) and logitech traveller headset :(

cybertron

Sep 29, 2006
Sweden
www.linuxportalen.com
Hi,

How do you revert to the initial situation (what are the original registry settings ?)

Thanks

papex

I am not sure, but I belive that if you uninstall it it should go "back" to normal.

otherwise, the "normal" would be

Code:
"UseJointStereo"=dword:00000001
"BitPool"=dword:0000003a (this setting just changes the soundquality)
"MaxSupportedBitPool"=dword:00000050 (this too delete if not wanted)
"MinSupportedBitPool"=dword:0000000e  (and this, delete if not wanted)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Builtin\BtA2dpSnd]
"Priority256"=dword:0000003c   (delete if not wanted, better quality)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand]
"LaunchApEnable"=dWord:1 (KEEP!)
"VoiceCmdDuration"=dWord:15180 (change to 30seconds or whatever, dword:30)

And copies this file: BTAGExt_new.dll to \Windows  (or whatever windows dir you have) (delete this file!)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway]
"BTAGExtModule"=string:"BTAGExt_new.dll" (change to BTAGExt.dll)

papex

Nov 5, 2006
I am not sure, but I belive that if you uninstall it it should go "back" to normal.

otherwise, the "normal" would be

Code:
"UseJointStereo"=dword:00000001

"BTAGExtModule"=string:"BTAGExt_new.dll" (change to BTAGExt.dll)

Thank you very much.
I use the audio to bluetooth feature with skype as it would otherwise send the sound to the loudspeaker, which, in a public place is not really convenient.
Now, with the code to "on" the sound and the code to"off" it, maybe there would be a simple way to create an app which would toggle from one state to the other? would you know how to do that ? alternatively, is there some kind of scripting tool for the ppc that I could use ?

thanks in advance,

papex

cybertron

Sep 29, 2006
Sweden
www.linuxportalen.com
Interestingly, this makes A2DP to transfer everytig in mono on my other MS BT stack-based devices, as has also been pointed out in my related article - are you sure this is the original value?

I believe that it is, at least on my device, but I may be wrong, it was long since I did my cab file. so not 100% sure no,

I was as curios as you, could it be that it uses mono to save bandwith? and thereby increase the range of the bluetooth?

but hey, I am no expert, I roughly took reghacks from around this forum and put together a cab file, I tried to make the cab to produce the best sound availible to a monoheadset, and nothing more, nothing less.

as it were a couple of weeks ago I since I did this i don't really remember every detail of it, but I believe most of this is stated in the hermes_wiki

Last edited:

CJNYC

Apr 7, 2006
New York
I have not installed this yet and have a question. If I'm listening to my Slingbox through my Nokia 900 headset and get a phonecall, will it automatically switch to the phone call or do I have to stop Slingbox? Thanks

howarddid

Nov 19, 2006
Mic on bluetooth headset

I wanna know if I installed this file to use something like Skype, can I not only hear the sound from my Bluetooth headset but also speak through the headset too?

dhenry88

Nov 23, 2006
How do I get back to normal?

Hoping someone could help me out. I tried installing the file above. The installation process went well, but immediately following the soft reset, I noticed that my phone screens and response to menu picks was considerably slower. My phone locks up all of the time, and I am unable to toggle the bluetooth on and off. I tried to uninstall the application, but I get a message at the end saying that it was unable to completely remove the program. Wondering if anyone could help me to get to the registry and change the settings back to normal. HELP!!!!

lantern20

Nov 20, 2006
NEPA
Thank you for the cab/hacks. None of the other alternatives worked on my 8525. Now if someone could incorporate this into someway to switch between modes, that would be great. Right now, I install and uninstall the cab several times a day! I get nervous that the registry will get corrupt from all of the install/uninstalls.

Thank you very much!

cybertron

Sep 29, 2006
Sweden
www.linuxportalen.com
Hi!

thanks for all the appreciation about my cab! I am happy to see that others are using it and are happy about it :D

I also noticed that some people has problems with it,

dhenry88: Try and install it again, otherwise, try and revert the setting yourself, I posted the "original" settings a some time ago in this thread, so go get a reg-editor and hack it :D
because that is all the cab-file does, changes registry (and copies a file to /windows/system32
however, this file is not important for the os itself (because I change the registry to find the changed file, not changing the file and overwriting the original.
but sorry to hear that it had such bad performance on your phone, it shouldn't do anything like that, but hey, every phone is different.

bleuzz

Mar 20, 2006
Thank you for the cab/hacks. None of the other alternatives worked on my 8525. Now if someone could incorporate this into someway to switch between modes, that would be great. Right now, I install and uninstall the cab several times a day! I get nervous that the registry will get corrupt from all of the install/uninstalls.

Thank you very much!
Indeed this is a great little program and I'm very thankful for it. Like lantern, I think it would be great if someone could figure out a way to switch modes easily as I'm unable to initiate a voice call through my Bluetooth headset with this program installed. I too have to install/uninstall the cab many times each day. I’m certainly not complaining, just expressing a wish.