[Tutorial] Why my IMEI missing & NO network?

Search This thread

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
I have updated my Galaxy NOte N7000 with Some Custom ROMS , after that it changed my IMEI number ..

I cant use this mobile in INDIA i cant make and receive calls and TEXT but Internet data is working fine
. Please let know how can i change my IMEI number
I have Not taken any backup of EFS folder can i use other galaxy note files

Thanks

try the solutions in http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26827676&postcount=4512" use only firmwares meant for N7000

use this guide and these firmwares

or a solution from My Android Solutions

But First powerdown, pull out Battery, SIM CARD, and EXT.SD card, press power button for a minute, than powerup without SIM and Ext.SD Card....Do remember to backup your contacts, data, images etc and also your EFS folder before flashing a ROM and make sure you have more than 50% battery charge before you attempt any sort of flashing.

hitman1685

Nov 25, 2012
If i flash a official rom (Samsung) to my phone with Odin, can this delete or change my IMEI? or this only happens with a custom ROM?

ysak666

Dec 29, 2012
it too easy to cahge

no its too ease to change the imei of mtk now changemtkimei.blogspot.in

Dexter87

Jan 22, 2013
try the solutions in http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26827676&postcount=4512" use only firmwares meant for N7000

use this guide and these firmwares

or a solution from My Android Solutions

But First powerdown, pull out Battery, SIM CARD, and EXT.SD card, press power button for a minute, than powerup without SIM and Ext.SD Card....Do remember to backup your contacts, data, images etc and also your EFS folder before flashing a ROM and make sure you have more than 50% battery charge before you attempt any sort of flashing.

Four network downloada ariza patch.apk install bisybox aplay patch and network eror is fix you mast be rooted;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

zakrilex

Jan 13, 2014
Citalem
I don't have a backup for efs folder. Just doing FACTORY RESET and my RIL IMEI change to DUMMY IMEI 004... :confused:
IT's been 5 days to recover none of them resolve my problem :crying:

raak

Jun 16, 2011
Detailed explanation of IMEI

xsenman, thank you very much for your detailed explanation of IMEI. I recently try to upgrade my China phone and lost my IMEI. I am going to follow your steps to correct the issue. Later I will post my result. Once again thank you for your excellent links and explanation of IMIE. :good:

kooltiger1988

Dec 4, 2015
I recently upgraded from 4.1.2 stock to 5.1.1 lollipop custom. then after a week downgraded to custom rom revolution hd. After this sim is not working. IMEI is there when I check *#06#. But network not registered error.

fleebleflam

Oct 18, 2016
What about MediaTek devices, were would the IMEI info be? Would it be the same efs partition or would it be named different?
I made a TWRP backup including system image, but when i tried to restore, my phone just hangs.
After flashing another custom Rom, when i booted i have no IMEI's!
Even when i flash back to the latest stock Rom for my device, they are still gone. Is there a way to recover them from the backup i made?

boswelja

Apr 19, 2013
Oxford
I just flashed many different ROMs on my i9000, the IMEI is still intact, but it won't connect to any network, it doesn't even work on the stock ROMs anymore, can anyone help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is transmitted to the Network provider the moment you switch ON your phone

It is used by your Network to identify the following

1) The first two numbers is RBI (Reporting Body Identifier) = who registered that type of phone ( verify here )

2) The next four numbers is TAC (Type Allocation Code) = what type of unit and its complete specifications

3)The next two numbers is FAC (Final Assembly Code) = who manufacture it

example :-

01 AEG
    04 Samsung
    07 Motorola
    10 Nokia
    30 Ericsson
    41 Siemens
    50 Bosch
    51 Sony

4) The next six numbers is the Serial Number of the Phone

5) The last number is sort of a check sum, that verifies the previous numbers

Combined a total of 15 numbers is used by your network to get the complete information about your phone that is used against their database of Blacklisted phones and final approval to connect to their network, IF they were inaccurate or had complaints (like being stolen, not paid telecoms dues etc) it will be rejected and BLOCKED immediately from connecting to that Network

You can verify all this by entering you IMEI here and here

And also here to check if it is blacklisted

Your IMEI is also needed for networks to BLOCK your phone when needed as well as ANTI theft apps.

Hence if your IMEI changes or gets lost, it may fail to connect to the network, depending on the restrictions of that network provider.

It is clear that Flashing custom ROMS can cause your IMEI to Change or get deleted as they may be ported from another manufacturer or from another version of the same manufacturer as the IMEI embedded in the chip of your phone.

IF you want to AVOID this problem, safe you EFS folder the moment you think of Flashing any ROM that is NOT the original Firmware for that phone

It is noted that to resolve this problem you have to return to its original firmware to recover your embedded IMEI and do a progressive upgrade . eg. from GingerBread to ICS before going on to Jelly Bean

For ways to resolve IMEI problems visit EFS Problems and Solutions or My Android Solutions

Check this out!You , YES! you are an " Android ". Not your phone but U.

You Must watch this documentary concerning your privacy Terms & Conditions we had agreed to, by using a PC or Smartphone

How to say Thank you? *If you find any post helpful on XDA, please click on the Thanks button
    thanks.jpg

If you are using XDA App or Tapatalk, long press on the post and select :good: Thanks
    Its easier to give "Feedback" in this manner than make an additional post.​

This post is linked to Pit Stop
    I will add that information on their own IMEI number check here http://www.imei.info/
    similarly, you can also recover your IMEI using this method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1264021

nice jobe OP! :)
    I tested this site with my Nokia E71, and it's reporting my phone as Nokia 100 :eek:
    My Galaxy S3 appears as a Huawei U7510 on http://www.imei.info/, but http://imei-number.com/imei-number-lookup/ shows the correct information...
    Sorry I'm new please try and bear with me..
    Are you saying I should write it up nice and post it in there??

Nope...what you did has already been written and advised as a way, to resolve IMEI recovery by me in June 2012 and other methods were recently deleted by MODs as they can sort of edit the IMEI (which is illegal to do) :D..so, no problem, you have done it in one way ( because you had a backup) and there are other ways too...all compiled on that link as well as My Android Solutions, link below