Wireless tether rezound

Search This thread

cpham817

Nov 8, 2010
I have unlocked, rooted, flashed the CleanROM ICSE 3.6 from scrosler, and have also been able to overclock my Rezound with SebastianFM's kernel. Everything is working great. The only problem is that I can't get the Mobile Hotspot to work; both the built-in VZW app and the WiFi Tether app that was integrated into the ROM fail to emit a wifi signal for my laptop.

On the VZW Mobile Hotspot app, when I tick the checkbox to turn it on, it'll say "processing..." for about 20 seconds and then un-tick the check mark.

On the Wireless Tether app, I am able to turn it on but once started, a message pops up saying "Tethering started with errors! Please check show log."

I had this same problem a couple months ago when I temp rooted my phone, but a hard reset and un-root did the trick and MHS was working again. However, this is a perm root and flash, so I can't use the same resolution. A hard reset isn't working.

I have the $30 Mobile Hotspot feature added to my plan, so actually paying for it isn't the problem. I'd actually prefer the VZW app to work. Can anybody help me out?

cpham817

Nov 8, 2010
I'm gonna apologize in advance for the following newbie question, but how would I go about doing that? I have Scott's CleanROM 3.6, and I can't seem to find the stock kernel to flash through recovery anywhere, if it is even a separate file. Is it the PH98IMG.zip file? :confused:

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Never mind, I got it! I reflashed without running Sebastian's kernel and Wifi Tether works!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!! :D

EmerikL

Jul 19, 2011
Phoenix
For future reference, yes the PH98IMG.zip is what is used to flash the kernel. Another method to do this is to extract the boot.img from the zip file and place it in the folder that has adb and fastboot in it (on your computer). Then you can flash it via a command line "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

Reactions: cpham817

derek4484

Jul 15, 2010
Columbia, SC
ON STOCK, UNLOCKED, ROOTED REZOUND... HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO GET any type of wireless tether to.work... I have tried barnacle, never starts up, and wireless and wifi tether and.both get same issue, unable to load wifi driver, interface, set channel.. read.online that one of these.should of worked but apparently not. Has it worked with any custom ROMs as thinking of going that route but need to confirm...

I'm on the same thing, stock ROM but unlocked and rooted. I use wifi tether and it works. You have to get the latest beta version. I think its version 3.0 beta 11. It only works in ad-hoc mode, doesnt do infrastructure, but laptops will pick it up fine. Just wont work with ipads or android tablets, or any device that will not connect to ad-hoc network.

There are several posts here that tell you what are the correct settings to use.

bravac

Jan 4, 2011
Using nilsp business ics 2.2, included WiFi teth works great, even in infrastructure mode. Just made 2 changes...select gal nex cdma and check on router fix. Mode was left on auto. Password works as well.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

cavsfan256

Jul 18, 2010
Rooted stock will only work in adhoc mode with the above instructions. I'm using the latest ics cleanrom 3.7 with nexus LTE, routing fix checked I have infrastructure mode working which is faster and more desirable.
It shouldn't be a hit or miss follow instructions and flash a custom Rom for infrastructure.

Question. What kind of connection is this outputting I'm assuming wireless g. Is it possible to output wireless n?

B-Mod

Apr 10, 2011
Rooted stock will only work in adhoc mode with the above instructions. I'm using the latest ics cleanrom 3.7 with nexus LTE, routing fix checked I have infrastructure mode working which is faster and more desirable.
It shouldn't be a hit or miss follow instructions and flash a custom Rom for infrastructure.

Question. What kind of connection is this outputting I'm assuming wireless g. Is it possible to output wireless n?

I believe it is wireless N, that is what my laptop says it is......

EmerikL

Jul 19, 2011
Phoenix

I think with the newest beta, GB can also do infrastructure mode.

SBrown

Jun 18, 2010
Wifi theter download the latest version and just follow this instructions

1-change device profile to SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS (CDMA/LTE)

2-change setup method to NETD (MASTER)

3-YOU MUST ENABLE WIFI ENCRYPTION AND CREATE A PASSWORD

4-ENABLE ROUTING FIX.

it work for me on every rom. :cool:

Sent From My Optimized Blasting 4GLTE ReZound :cool:

Those settings didn't quite work for me, but this did:

• Change Device Profile: "HTC Rezound (LTE/CDMA/GSM)"
  • Change Setup-Method: "Netd-Ndc (master)"
  • WiFi-driver reload is checked (By default "WiFI-Driver Reload 2" is checked, I had to un-check it and choose the first one.)
  • Routing fix: checked

~HTC Rezound 4.0.3 Stock Rooted~

topgun1953

Nov 25, 2011
Charlotte
Those settings didn't quite work for me, but this did:

• Change Device Profile: "HTC Rezound (LTE/CDMA/GSM)"
  • Change Setup-Method: "Netd-Ndc (master)"
  • WiFi-driver reload is checked (By default "WiFI-Driver Reload 2" is checked, I had to un-check it and choose the first one.)
  • Routing fix: checked

~HTC Rezound 4.0.3 Stock Rooted~

That's because your 'latest version' is later than his 'latest version'...check date of posts. lol :D:D:D but yeah, you are good with what you did!

mrksbrd

Aug 31, 2010
New Jersey
an someone explain something to me. I've tried just about every ROM on the Rezound forum and I cannot get any of the Wi-Fi tethering programs to work. I've RUU'd many times and still nothing. Tried the Global RUU, flashed just about everything there is to flash and tried every suggestion/configuration I've read, still no luck. Could I be missing something. Could it be a soft brick issue even though I've RUU'd? Please help me with this one. (BTW it was previously working but then something went haywire after running a custom for about a year and a half)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

MedleHed

Aug 28, 2010
Kent, WA
My Rezound is running the rooted version of the latest Global ROM. The following settings for the WiFi Tether app work for me.

Device Profile - HTC Rezound (LTE/CDMA/GSM)
Setup Method - Netd (master)
Send Netd Max Client Cmd - checked
Enable WiFi Encryption - checked
WiFi driver reload - checked
WiFi driver reload 2 - checked
MSS clamping - checked
Routing fix - checked

Hope this helps!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

NegativeOne

Jul 21, 2010
Those settings worked for me, minus encryption. I can't seem to get encryption or access control to work. Network doesn't show up.

gjrscribe

Apr 29, 2011
Can't Get Web Page to Load

Those settings worked for me, minus encryption. I can't seem to get encryption or access control to work. Network doesn't show up.

I have tried the last two above settings...each time I get the tether to start, access control to work. It shows output (upload) but cannot under any circumstance get a web page (download) to load....just keeps "resolving host" then cites DNS problem. Is there a fix for this? I used to be able to get this program working. I'm Rezound 4.0.3 Stock rooted on lastest Global Firmware RUU. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks everyone.

MaxxPayne

Oct 6, 2013
Rootwifitether oct 19 2013 success

GREETINGS!

After Hours & Hours of playing around I finally was Successful in getting WiFiTether to work
ROOTED/S-ON HTC REZOUND 4.0.3 STOCK OS

INCLUDED VIDEO OF HOW TO GET IT WORKING FOR ALL YOU NOOBZ

CHEERS*

Attachments

• OptionsVideo_WiFi_Tether_v3_4-experimental1.rar
    4 MB · Views: 50

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

4-ENABLE ROUTING FIX.

4-ENABLE ROUTING FIX.

These instructions should work. Just be sure that for #1, you scroll down to the SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS (4G_LTE). For some reason, I chose the Google NexusOne (I saw the word nexus and thought it was the right one) at the top of the list and didnt realize that was the wrong one. Once I fixed that, everything worked like a charm! Hope this helps.
    ON STOCK, UNLOCKED, ROOTED REZOUND... HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO GET any type of wireless tether to.work... I have tried barnacle, never starts up, and wireless and wifi tether and.both get same issue, unable to load wifi driver, interface, set channel.. read.online that one of these.should of worked but apparently not. Has it worked with any custom ROMs as thinking of going that route but need to confirm...

I just started using "pdanet" to connect my rezound to my Xoom via bluetooth and has worked so far.
    I'm running CleanROM ICSE 3.5 and can't get wifi tether to work either...computer connects but can't get internet access...i'm watching this posts for answers.
    Is it a windows PC that you are trying to attach to it? Does the tether start up with any errors in the log?
    You should be able to see it just like any other router in your list of available networks.

Edit: Just noticed you said it started with no errors. Hmm.
    It should just show up in your available networks.
    Try manually creating a connection to your ssid (forgot the exact steps to do this, but its somewhere in network settings).
    Also, try changing the setup method to the other available methods (ad-hoc, netd)