How do I go back to stock? Not stock modem.

Search This thread

karmasblade

Mar 9, 2013
Okay so I want to flash back to stock but I realized that my bootloader is not the stock one. I flashed the modem to the newest one before. My bootloader is I747MVLUEMK5. I've heard people sat that i cannot go back to stock just straight flashing with Odin now that I have a different modem. What procedures do I need to take to flash back to stock?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
Okay so I want to flash back to stock but I realized that my bootloader is not the stock one. I flashed the modem to the newest one before. My bootloader is I747MVLUEMK5. I've heard people sat that i cannot go back to stock just straight flashing with Odin now that I have a different modem. What procedures do I need to take to flash back to stock?

EDITED: This post was erroneous terrible advice. See latest post.

Last edited:

karmasblade

Mar 9, 2013
Alright, Im a bit perhaps... Noob at this? So I can just get the stock file and flash through Odin with no worries and no need to flash or do anything else? Thanks for the reply.

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
Alright, Im a bit perhaps... Noob at this? So I can just get the stock file and flash through Odin with no worries and no need to flash or do anything else? Thanks for the reply.

I apologize. MK5 is a problematic bootloader. Do not try to Odin flash an older firmware over this. Again I apologize. What carrier are you with? If it is a Canadian carrier you can just flash the appropriate firmware from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2558311. These have the bootloader removed.

Last edited:

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster

If you want absolute stock including the bootloader, modem, kernel, you can get an odin flashable firmware from here (This is the 4.3 version you are currently on, MK5) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543854. One of the members has started a seedbox to host the images because the download options in the OP are painfully slow. Post # 208 shows this link to the seedbox http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543854. You can pick the Telus ROM from here and use this for complete stock. Again I apologize for the bad advice. I've been stressing all day hoping you hadn't flashed 4.1.x yet.

Last edited:

karmasblade

Mar 9, 2013
If you want absolute stock including the bootloader, modem, kernel, you can get an odin flashable firmware from here (This is the 4.3 version you are currently on, MK5) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543854. One of the members has started a seedbox to host the images because the download options in the OP are painfully slow. Post # 208 shows this link to the seedbox http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543854. You can pick the Telus ROM from here and use this for complete stock. Again I apologize for the bad advice. I've been stressing all day hoping you hadn't flashed 4.1.x yet.

Alright. I already have a stock ROM before and the name of it includes MK5 for TLS. I'm thinking that would work? The exact name is "I747MVLUEMK5_I747MOYBEMK5_I747MVLUEMK5_HOME.tar.md5". No problem, good thing I didn't flash it LOL. Thanks for your help.

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
Alright. I already have a stock ROM before and the name of it includes MK5 for TLS. I'm thinking that would work? The exact name is "I747MVLUEMK5_I747MOYBEMK5_I747MVLUEMK5_HOME.tar.md5". No problem, good thing I didn't flash it LOL. Thanks for your help.

That is the correct one, Backup everything you need off your phone as Odin will wipe everything. nLeaving an external SD in is OK, but the internal memory will get wiped.

karmasblade

Mar 9, 2013
That is the correct one, Backup everything you need off your phone as Odin will wipe everything. nLeaving an external SD in is OK, but the internal memory will get wiped.

Alright. I was on Quantum but I find that the newest version is far too glitchy and incomplete for me. Any other ones you recommend? How about LiquidSmooth?

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
Alright. I was on Quantum but I find that the newest version is far too glitchy and incomplete for me. Any other ones you recommend? How about LiquidSmooth?

I've only used stock and CM11 so far since 4.3. The I've not tried Liquid Smooth but Grievous ROM is pretty good. It's the ROM currently on my wife's phone. It is white themed Touchwiz which was my biggest selling point.

karmasblade

Mar 9, 2013
I've only used stock and CM11 so far since 4.3. The I've not tried Liquid Smooth but Grievous ROM is pretty good. It's the ROM currently on my wife's phone. It is white themed Touchwiz which was my biggest selling point.

I don't think that is compatible with the i747m no?
Oh and also, let's say I want to get Liquid Smooth onto my phone but I currently have Quantum. Do I have to flash back to stock with Odin and then install the Liquid Smooth ROM? Or can I just go and wipe the system now in recovery without going to stock and then install Liquid Smooth in recovery?

Last edited:

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
Grievous is compatible with the 747m. Im on 747m Bell. You just need to flash a modem and kernel to get data and wifi to work. As far as liquid smooth, you do not need to go back to stock. Installing the ROM and then wiping should work. If you do find that you ever flash a ROM and have WiFi issues, kernel is likely culprit. No data is usually due to a modem. These seem to be more often with new ROMs and most development based off AT&T phones.