HTC Dev Unlock + Cracked Screen Warranty

Search This thread

foobarney

Feb 5, 2008
Does anyone know if unlocking the M8 with the htcdev.com will void the 6-month cracked screen warranty HTC is offering?

I know the disclaimers all say that the warranty is affected by unlocking, but it's not clear as to what's included.

Thanks, all.

-Adam

uh60james

Sep 29, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Does anyone know if unlocking the M8 with the htcdev.com will void the 6-month cracked screen warranty HTC is offering?

I know the disclaimers all say that the warranty is affected by unlocking, but it's not clear as to what's included.

Thanks, all.

-Adam

I would think you would be fine. HTC Advantage is a separate program than the warranty. Even if they for some reason try to put it under the umbrella of the warranty they would have to show that unlocking your bootloader caused you to drop your phone and crack the screen.

joshuaw84

Sep 30, 2010
I would think you would be fine. HTC Advantage is a separate program than the warranty. Even if they for some reason try to put it under the umbrella of the warranty they would have to show that unlocking your bootloader caused you to drop your phone and crack the screen.

Lol, they could argue that unlocking the awesomeness of our XDA development made you so dazed it caused you to drop the phone!

While I kid, I believe any warranties implied upon the unlocking process are software related.

Sent from M8 on XDA Premium APP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks, all.

-Adam

Lol, they could argue that unlocking the awesomeness of our XDA development made you so dazed it caused you to drop the phone!

While I kid, I believe any warranties implied upon the unlocking process are software related.

Sent from M8 on XDA Premium APP