PLS HELP - Web pages/apps stick when loading pics

Search This thread

cdjaney

Feb 2, 2012
I'm on an unlocked Tmobile S5 running on AT&T network w/ NE6 firmware.....rooted with towelroot but fully stock otherwise. No Xposed or any other modules. The only "rooted" thing I've done is AdAway.
Every time I try to load a web page that seems to have pictures or heavy graphics or even using the Facebook app on the phone, it either refuses to load or takes FOREVER. With the web browsers, sometimes I can hit the "x" button at the top and it will show the page (as if it were waiting to load the rest of the images and I stopped it....but it shows most of the page). With the Facebook app, just as another example, the text loads fine, but just blank spaces where the pics would be. Tried Facebook from browser and thought it was better, but only on the first part that it loaded....once I tried to scroll down, same issue.

I have tried 4 different browsers with the same result (stock, Chrome, Dolphin and Opera). I cleared Cache in stock recovery and seemed to help for all of 5 minutes. I have a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 running stock 4.4.2 and no issues whatsoever....everything loads quick. I have an S3 running 4.1.2 and no problems either. This problem occurs with WiFi or LTE.....doesn't change. I tried every Google and XDA search I could think of.

Anybody offer any help? :confused::confused: It is VERY frustrating. Screenshots of what it looks like below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-25-09-58-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-25-09-58-59.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2014-06-25-09-59-25.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-25-09-59-25.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 26

1iwilly

Aug 19, 2011
i have the same issue when google fails i go to dolphin yes it is aggravating.i un install them and then re install them but no luck.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Every time I try to load a web page that seems to have pictures or heavy graphics or even using the Facebook app on the phone, it either refuses to load or takes FOREVER.

You don't give us a lot of detail about your phone or browser configuration to go on but it sounds like a slow proxy. So more than likely your adaway proxy isn't working properly.

Completely disable adaway for a while to confirm. Alternately your carrier may have speed issues, contrast your results from a data vs known fast wifi connection then.

Last edited:

cdjaney

Feb 2, 2012
You don't give us a lot of detail about your phone or browser configuration to go on but it sounds like a slow proxy. So more than likely your adaway proxy isn't working properly.

Completely disable adaway for a while to confirm. Alternately your carrier may have speed issues, contrast your results from a data vs known fast wifi connection then.

I don't know what other details to give that would be significant. Every browser used was/is used unchanged from the way it was downloaded from Play store, with Mobile user agent. My Wi-Fi typically is 30Mbs/2Mbs and LTE 20Mbs/8Mbs, and afore mentioned tab that works fine using that Wi-Fi.

I did unroot and seemed to fix it. If Adaway is my problem, is there anything I can do to address that? That is one of my primary reasoned for root. Or, is there another ad blocker available?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
I don't know what other details to give that would be significant.

Troubleshooting is deductive reasoning based on observation, detailed facts and related knowledge. There are some astute members here, but none of them are telepathic, nor can they see the device that you are looking at. It would be in your own interest to provide as much technical detail as you possibly can so that they understand the nuances of what is going on and more effectively help you.

Pertinent details would include browser versions, proxy configuration, adaway build, carrier and city where you are seeing the issue, the results of disabling adaway and whether the issue is present on both data and WiFi connections, a logcat and any other factual details or observations that appear relevant.