[Q] android 4.4.2 "hosts" file Google Play problem?

Search This thread

ryan012

Feb 5, 2014
I'm on android 4.1.2 rooted LG G2. I had to reset phone after removing root. I then got root again but now Google Play Store was missing. I tried downloading a Google Play .apk and Google Play Services. I edited hosts file and added # in front of second one. It worked for some minutes but stopped.now when I looked at hosts file, it's empty. Now when I open hosts editor app it says error parsing hosts file.
I tried clearing app store and google play services data and cache but it don't work. It's the hosts file that's empty. I took a screenshot of what it was before it went blank. What do I do to fix it ?

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
I'm on android 4.1.2 rooted LG G2. I had to reset phone after removing root. I then got root again but now Google Play Store was missing. I tried downloading a Google Play .apk and Google Play Services. I edited hosts file and added # in front of second one. It worked for some minutes but stopped.now when I looked at hosts file, it's empty. Now when I open hosts editor app it says error parsing hosts file.
I tried clearing app store and google play services data and cache but it don't work. It's the hosts file that's empty. I took a screenshot of what it was before it went blank. What do I do to fix it ?

If your not rooted you really can't fix it. What more than likely happened is you somehow created more than 1 Google play file inside the system/app or data/app folders. You need root to remove them

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

ryan012

Feb 5, 2014
If your not rooted you really can't fix it. What more than likely happened is you somehow created more than 1 Google play file inside the system/app or data/app folders. You need root to remove them

I said in the post I got root again after I did factory reset. Now play store isn't working.
What are the file names ? Are you talking about two files the same kind or two .apk files installed ? I tried searching and didn't find anything. earlier I tried uninstalling play services and play store and reinstall one from online. What do I do ? Without reset phone ?

Last edited:

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
I said in the post I got root again after I did factory reset. Now play store isn't working.
What are the file names ? Are you talking about two files the same kind or two .apk files installed ? I tried searching and didn't find anything. earlier I tried uninstalling play services and play store and reinstall one from online. What do I do ? Without reset phone ?

Both. You can also uninstall play services if you'd like. You may have to reset the phone

Reactions: ryan012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Both. You can also uninstall play services if you'd like. You may have to reset the phone