Updated 3-3-09 - JFv1.43 for UK RC9 firmware! also ADP 1.5 post 2

Search This thread

jamesd86

Feb 7, 2009
Delaware
OK now Ive got it all working... As for the error I was previously getting I wiped it and it works fine now... Thanks for the awesome firmware JF... Oh yeah and btw I dont know if this was a feature before and I didnt notice or if its new but in the edit contacts window you can set people to be sent directly to VM... Is this new or has it been around??

That's been there since at least rc30, which is as far back as I know.

Beast84

Oct 28, 2007
Albuquerque
I wiped it to see if it would work and I havent had the error since... I didnt flash the Radio though... I am curious if maybe that is the problem

OK now Ive got it all working... As for the error I was previously getting I wiped it and it works fine now... Thanks for the awesome firmware JF... Oh yeah and btw I dont know if this was a feature before and I didnt notice or if its new but in the edit contacts window you can set people to be sent directly to VM... Is this new or has it been around??

So my question now is does anyone, perhaps JesusFreke, have the old radio for me to go back to?

elsucio03

Jan 31, 2008
I flashed my phone and everything worked fine. I tried to add a theme and it also installed fine but when I tried to reset my phone it gets stuck at the android screen.
I tried taking out the battery and going back to the bootloader, then I wiped everything, reset the phone and it's still stuck at the android screen.

HELP PLZ!

zwuncki

Aug 21, 2005
Just to be sure:

The RC33 radio update will work on any G1, right? Cause I'm using ADP1.1.

Last edited:

NexVision

May 10, 2005
Last edited:

elsucio03

Jan 31, 2008
U tried a wipe from the recovery console? U can try going thru this http://modmygphone.com/wiki/index.php/Updating_to_RC30 but if u have RC33 flashed it is my understanding that adb doesnt work from recovery console. Do u have another phone u can put your card into and maybe connect it to your computer?

Yes I tried wiping it and restarting but still gets stuck in the Android screen.
I guess the only way is to wait for my girlfriend to come over so I can put my sd card in her phone.

Then reinstall RC 33 and it should work?

inpherno3

Mar 22, 2008
Yes I tried wiping it and restarting but still gets stuck in the Android screen.
I guess the only way is to wait for my girlfriend to come over so I can put my sd card in her phone.

dang.... little kinky there elsucio03! lol. I hadnt a problem with any of these issues. There is something different with your peoples phones who have so much trouble. I DID notice that it started having trouble downloading off the market.... had to cancel the download. Download them again and sometimes they went through (thought it was a service issue w/ 3g or something until i read on here) but other than that, flawlessly working, other than the battery lasting a mear 2 hours or so until i have to charge it. But all in all works perfectly fine w/ the new radio and everything! (it does boot into the recovery console after radio flash but one more reboot started android, took a minute, than went right in.)

remiks3

Dec 18, 2008

I would suggest starting from scratch...

If your phone originally came with RC30, downgrade to RC29 using the steps from this website: http://www.gotontheinter.net/content/rc30-downgrade-merry-christmas-everyone
You should then be able to root your phone (should be a sticky at the top of this forum) and proceed from there. Otherwise just proceed as per normal to obtain root on your RC29 phone.

I would also suggest upgrading to modded RC30 first, then to the modded JF's RC33.

Beast84

Oct 28, 2007
Albuquerque
This com.google.process.gapps error won't go away & ever since it started, I can't download anything from the market. The market won't even load up all the way. The names will eventually pop up but the icons won't show for apps. I don't get any new update pop ups like others have said. Is there a way to fix this? I tried doing the update 4 times already & flashed the new radio 3 times. Anyone got the old radio? I wanna see if going back will fix it

diabolical28

Feb 3, 2008
Milwaukee
RC33 Screen Lock Flaw? Well i was using jf adp1.1 and wiped and upgraded to the rc33 however i just noticed something. While using screenlock it is accepting any input as the unlock pattern. Has anybody else noticed this?

mark925

Jan 3, 2009
Has anyone else been having EDGE issues since the JF 1.41 RC33 update? For some reasons sometimes my data connection will be there just fine and other times it won't be there at all. I want to make sure if it's the update or if it's just TMo.

EDIT: I did do the radio update, btw

Last edited:

mikedgain

Feb 7, 2009
please help!

Guys, I am new and sorry to waste ya'lls time. I have a stock G1 with the new RC33 update
And I am wanting to know where I can find directions to get root acess from this point everything I need to download and install with full directions. Kinda like root access for dummies type thing. Again, sorry if this is a stupid question but everywhere I look I find only partial info and none of them from an existing RC33 stock build. Thanks again.

NexVision

May 10, 2005
I have done a wipe 3 times already. I did it before updating with alt-w, then alt-s. Did you do a factory wipe from the settings? Maybe I should try just that?

I just did the alt-w to wipe maybe try going back to rc30 letting it boot up completely and then back up to 33 I was on ADP and just went back to 33 to see if I could duplicate any problems people are having.