[REVIEW] XT720 Otterbox with video.

Search This thread

reverendkjr

Nov 7, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
www.youtube.com
I have put together a video review of the Otterbox Commuter Series Case for the Motorola Milestone XT720.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this case:

http://www.otterbox.com/Motorola-Milestone-XT720-Commuter-Series-Case/MOT4-XT720-20-E4OTR_A,default,pd.html

It can also be purchased from Amazon.com for a bit cheaper:

http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-Commuter-Motorola-Milestone-XT720/dp/B004C5P9GY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=mobile&qid=1294146729&sr=8-1

Here is my video review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrEc_0CNPag

Last edited:

kousik

Nov 28, 2010
Bangalore
Excellent. I have bought one through Amazon, though the price is astronomical (because of unusual shape), it is worth the money. In initial days I did a lot of SD card swap, SIM swap so the rubber loosened up a little bit, but it is keeping my phone like new in spite of a few bumps.

warrenkb

Feb 1, 2011
I have the otterbox case and I think it changes the angle at which the usb/charge cable is attached.

I think over time it is going to cause damage to the micro usb slot.

kousik

Nov 28, 2010
Bangalore
I have the otterbox case and I think it changes the angle at which the usb/charge cable is attached.
I think over time it is going to cause damage to the micro usb slot.

It already did. At least I managed to break the little cover in a few weeks. And yes there is a high potential that even the contacts will get damaged if not handled carefully through the slot.

reverendkjr

Nov 7, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
www.youtube.com
I was actually thinking about taking a dremmel tool to mine and sand it down a bit. It's the top of the bevel that causes the problem. I have to agree that there is a huge potential for damage in the long term.

c_urbanek

Aug 18, 2010
Cincinnati
SGP is way better!

I've had the Zagg & the SGP.
My buddy has the Otterbox.
The Zagg doesn't look great & tends to 'smear'.
The SGP is slim fitting, firm & cushy. The screen protector is very good.
The otterbox is a big & puffy, looks like a retard's helmet.
You have to be a douche bag to use the otterbox IMHO. :D

Reactions: Mioze7Ae

syrenz

Nov 21, 2010
Even though the SGP case is nice, nothing beats the look of the phone without anything on... Only use the case when I have to since I just love the look of the XT720 natural. The screen protector for SGP XT720 feels good, but I just noticed the other day a small hole in the screen protector - no idea how it happened. Fortunately it's at the bottom by the buttons and not by the actual screen so no big deal but I can't figure out how it could have gotten such a hole... wonder if that would have happened with otterbox.

banshee56

Mar 27, 2011
I've had this Otterbox since I got my phone last September and have been pretty satisfied with it. I had a similar one on my Blackberry that had the hard case on the inside of the rubber case and the rubber loosened up. Not on this version....even after the numerous battery & SD card pulls during the ROM flashing fun. I do a fair amount of outside work so I feel the need to protect my phone as much as I can.

Also, I used the screen protector that came with the Otterbox, but when I had to replace my phone, it got boogered up. When the new one came, I simply left the temporary shipping screen protector on and it's done quite well.

Iced27

Dec 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC, CAN
Accidents happen (Accident After-Action Report) XD

Well I have even more love for this case. Recently I was in a bicycle accident that ripped my chin open and required many stitches. My phone/music player is always in the front synch pouch of my slingbag when I'm riding. When I flew over my handlebars and landed on my chin, I also landed right on the phone and I slid a good 3-4 feet before I stopped. While my chin was pretty messy by this time, my phone came out intact and with a lot less scratches and gauges then I thought. On the plus side, it even has a bit of soaked-in blood on the scratches that makes it look badass :).

Overall, I've gotten quite a bit of value out of my initial 34.99 that I payed for it and I'm still using the case since. Hope my future replacement for my XT720 will have as good of a case as my Otterbox.

EDIT: Pics for proof.
IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

Last edited:

chi_Xt720

Sep 10, 2011
Coimbatore
I have got my otterbox case last week from ebay India. I am completely satisfied with the item.

It looks sturdy and gripping in hand. I like the look of the phone with this case.

Top Liked Posts