22nd June 2012, 06:09 AM |#111  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 143

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo4ger

been having a problem where it fails to open certain apps(like quicpic)...anyone else? ima try the latest update

How did it go? The default Lewa image viewing application is a re-badged and re-signed version of QuickPic. It even uses the same namespace. I remove it and place the original QuickPic in there so that it's upgradeable in the Play Store.

22nd June 2012, 03:22 PM |#112  
Flag Taxachusetts
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordies.swc

Just had a quick question.... What is dither?

Sent from my EVO 4G using XDA

Settings > Phone > Performance..bottom of page 'surface dithering' ...slight performance increase when not enabled
The Following User Says Thank You to sezzme For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sezzme Ad-Free
22nd June 2012, 09:10 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpydooby

How did it go? The default Lewa image viewing application is a re-badged and re-signed version of QuickPic. It even uses the same namespace. I remove it and place the original QuickPic in there so that it's upgradeable in the Play Store.

tried the new update and still same thing...

also my 4g is severely slow on the phone but when i tether it it is normal 4g speeds weird
The Following User Says Thank You to evo4ger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evo4ger Ad-Free
22nd June 2012, 11:18 PM |#114  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo4ger

tried the new update and still same thing...

also my 4g is severely slow on the phone but when i tether it it is normal 4g speeds weird

I have an idea on what's causing this, but I tested it on my own phone quite a few times to see if it was an issue and it wasn't for me. Anyway, I'll see if I can whip up a fix.

What I think is happening is it's getting confused because you have two copies of some apps in your /data/app folder. You might have QuickPic.apk in there but also com.alensw.PicFolder-1.apk, for example. This is because I can't use package manager to install the APKs. I've looked for a way to resolve this, but I just can't find anything, not even via init.d scripting.

Just to be clear, though, I'm not doing anything any differently from other ROM developers. They all extract APKs directly into /data/app as well. This is mostly okay on a fresh install, but you wind up with these duplicates if the user installs without wiping /data/app first (assuming PM has installed an update for certain apps, e.g., via Play Store updates). This can create issues for some apps that expect their libs to be available on launch. QuickPic happens to have been one such app, but as far as I know that issue has been resolved.
23rd June 2012, 07:19 AM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
4g!!!!
can someone help me....im trying to gett the 4g hotspot working but im only able to get 3g to work. any help please??
24th June 2012, 04:27 AM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Loving this rom! I cannot seem to find how to change to the top battery bar. I also see an option to change battery to percentage but it will not change to it. Should I reflash or does it not work at the current time?

I am using the stable build. Thanks
24th June 2012, 05:08 AM |#117  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theHURRICANE

Loving this rom! I cannot seem to find how to change to the top battery bar. I also see an option to change battery to percentage but it will not change to it. Should I reflash or does it not work at the current time?

I am using the stable build. Thanks

I believe you're in:
Settings-> Advanced Settings-> Interface-> Status bar tweaks

Try looking in:
Settings-> Display

Stuff in "Advanced Settings" won't always work. Eventually I'll take care of some of these confusing options.
The Following User Says Thank You to v5HMeca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v5HMeca Ad-Free
24th June 2012, 05:55 AM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Thank you...that did it!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to theHURRICANE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theHURRICANE Ad-Free
26th June 2012, 06:26 AM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
i was wondering if anyone has gotten this rom to work with the wiiremote?? i cant seem to pair it to bluetooth....
28th June 2012, 05:03 AM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
i get x in top of signal bar, is that normal?
28th June 2012, 05:05 AM |#121  
Account currently disabled
Flag Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 23,076

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulkazh

i get x in top of signal bar, is that normal?

Can you send/receive texts or make calls?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)