[Q] Dynamic Notification custom screen time out & breathing notification problem.

Search This thread

william58

Mar 31, 2011
Tacoma
www.moskovita-photography.com
I have a Dynamic Notification custom screen time out & breathing notification problem on my Samsung Galaxy S5.

I use Light Flow for the blinking light text notification. However, with my new S-View Flip Case, I no longer see the blinking light

So, I want to use Dynamic Notification for the lock screen text notification.

In Dynamic Notification setup I can't get the custom screen time out or breathing notification time to work right?

I tried almost everything to get the custom screen time out or breathing notification time to work?

Turned off Lightflow, gave Dynamic Notification permissions where needed etc.

I enabled the app in my system settings in the "Security" - "Device administrators" panel

Dynamic Notification screen comes on when I get a text message for 5 seconds, then doesn't come back on for 2 minutes?

I have Custom Screen Time Out set for 15 seconds (turns off after 5 seconds no matter what I set it for)

I have Breathing Notification set to repeat every 30 seconds (comes on every 2 minutes no matter what I set it for)

Played with settings for three hours last night and gave up... what am I doing wrong?

Oh yeah, I paid $1.99 for the premium version too.

Last edited:

william58

Mar 31, 2011
Tacoma
www.moskovita-photography.com
I think I found the problem. It is conflicting with the new S-View Flip Case program that turns on the screen. When the flip case is open, DN works as it should irregularly within 5 seconds of times I set. With flip case closed it is irregular, sometimes comes right on and stays on or comes right on, goes off in 5 seconds, then stays off for 3-4 minutes. Lately the lock screen window with the flip closed just stays on. Works within 5 seconds of what I have set if the flip is open.
This is the case I just got for $50 I sure hope I didn't waste $50. Can't return it.
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EF-CG900BBESTA